What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Forced first person

Malarkey

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Brief Summary:

This might be a controversial suggestion however here goes nothing, lately i feel gunfights in the city have gotten so boring, almost every situation goes down with someone driving their fast car firing from their vehicle.

Detailed Suggestion:

Would be great to see forced first person when using weapons in your car just as it used to be some months back.

The Pros:

Funnier gunfights hopefully for all parties.

Encourage proper tactics.

Maybe forces a bit more roleplay, when people won't be able to use this tactic so easily for their advantage. 

The Cons:

Harder for everyone to win a gunfight, when they have the advantage sitting in a fast car.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

I do believe this is a change that's going to hurt everyone equally, maybe cops will benefit slightly buts that's for each individual to decide.

This exact thing was actually mentioned earlier on today, and I believe they are looking at ways they can sort this now, but this was tried before, and was absolutely horrible

Yeah i do remember this being a thing and personally i quite liked it.
If i may ask what was so horrible about it? 
There are probably multiple ways to discourage this sort of tactic, however this one came to my mind.

Yeah i do remember this being a thing and personally i quite liked it.
If i may ask what was so horrible about it? 
There are probably multiple ways to discourage this sort of tactic, however this one came to my mind.
Honestly, not entirely sure, but we did also bring up different recoil in cars, and the old car crash knockout script, which personally I think would be better options than this.

Honestly, not entirely sure, but we did also bring up different recoil in cars, and the old car crash knockout script, which personally I think would be better options than this.
it went bad because the Bike meta started since bikes didn't force 1dt person 

Yes please, id love this. Gunfights when they happen are so boring when people just sit in cars or camp rooftops ect, This would be a great edition and a nice bit of immersion

Not the biggest fan of this suggestion, however I can acknowledge that it does bring something new to car gunfights (now that it's getting slightly stale.)

that it does bring something new to car gunfights (now that it's getting slightly stale.)
"getting slightly stale"
Car gunfight meta was stale and boring a year ago.
Never been a fan of watching (or being part of) gunfights that only take place by people sitting inside a car and shooting out of it.

Bringing back first person force when holding a weapon isnt a bad shout, but I'd rather have it so you get forced into first person when you start aiming the pistol, and not when its equiped, as there are a few vehicles where you auto equip a weapon (yes, even if you dont even got a weapon on you).

To make it fair for all, first person force does need to be a thing for bikes aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bringing back first person force when holding a weapon isnt a bad shout, but I'd rather have it so you get forced into first person when you start aiming the pistol, and not when its equiped, as there are a few vehicles where you auto equip a weapon (yes, even if you dont even got a weapon on you).
I should've been a bit more specific, I didn't mean to force it when having a weapon ready in the tab menu however only forcing it when aiming it.

View from the inside of my mercedes:
U2reRdK.jpeg

Back