What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Help , need a new gaming keyboard

Hoggie

Rebel
Basic i was a bit of a twat and broke my keyboard and i am currently looking for a new gaming keyboard. It has just gotta do the job and not be a crap keyboard

- Needs to be £80 or below

- Needs to be a gaming keyboard and has to be good. 

- Needs to be  Qwerty 

Last edited by a moderator:
i've got my old keyboard, its alright just needed an upgrade

How about a Razer DeathStalker Essential 2014 - Essential Qwerty Gaming keyboard? They seem to be sold for less than 50 pounds and it definitely is a gaming keyboard! Just a bit old compared to the latest releases :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Corsair raptor K50. It's decent, LED back-lit and has 18 programmable macro keys with 3 different profiles. Only problem is  that it is a rubber dome keyboard not a mechanical keyboard buy other than that I can't fault it been using it for the past 2 years without issue. But sadly it is quite hard to find as it ha been decommissioned for the new k40 which comes in at around 60 quid for a lot less features (no USB pass through, only 6 macro keys and no braided cables). But here is always the non back-lit razer keyboards like the one mentioned above.

Corsair raptor K50. It's decent, LED back-lit and has 18 programmable macro keys with 3 different profiles. Only problem is  that it is a rubber dome keyboard not a mechanical keyboard buy other than that I can't fault it been using it for the past 2 years without issue. But sadly it is quite hard to find as it ha been decommissioned for the new k40 which comes in at around 60 quid for a lot less features (no USB pass through, only 6 macro keys and no braided cables). But here is always the non back-lit razer keyboards like the one mentioned above.
Looks good , cant find them online though. Can only see the K30's and K40's. Any clue for a good website where you can order the K50 off ?

Thanks to everyone for the quick replies on what i should buy , thanks :)

I use a Sidewinder X4 and i like it, it's backlit, has macro keys (handy for altis functions) it's heavy enough it wont slide on the desk - it all depends what you're looking for in your keyboard. 'Gaming Keyboard' doesnt really mean anything.

Do you want RGB colour customisation? Mechanical Keys or membrane keys? Do you need built in macro buttons or anything? How important is built quality? What other peripherals do you have? Do you want a keyboard that uses an associated software suite? Wired or Wireless? Island keys, chicklet keys, merged keys? Do you like a long amount of travel in the keys or short travel?

For example you can get a CM Storm Octane deskset for £30 that has a Membrane based 6-7colour keyboard, and bundled wired mouse. Or for more money you could get a mechanical keyboard if you prefer a more tactile response

Really it's all up to you! :)

I have logitech G105 £30-£50. 6 macro keys. Lights up. Game mode ( cant accidently tab out) 3 key map modes. Great keyboard on budget for me!

I got a Razer Blackwidow 2013 last week. Got it from a friend for €55 (around  £40).
Never had a mechanical keyboard before but I really like it.
It also has a nice usb, microphone and headphone port on the side. 

Got the razor deathstalker at home, Very surprised at how good the keyboard is.

When asking for advice please be more specific than "gaming" what is your definition of "gaming".

What "gaming" features you looking for? macro's, extra screens, extra function keys, backlit, etc etc etc etc .........

Looks good , cant find them online though. Can only see the K30's and K40's. Any clue for a good website where you can order the K50 off ?

Thanks to everyone for the quick replies on what i should buy , thanks :)
I'd try ebay but it seems like they are hard to come by in fully working order. I did find one here but it is localised for the czech Republic market https://m.alza.co.uk/corsair-k50-raptor-cz-d2146979.htm?kampan=adeupla-uk_produkty_herni&country=GB&gclid=Cj0KEQiA0-GxBRDWsePx0pPtp4sBEiQACuTLNkcBYaDtJK3UMpJZHPK6gcwUf3g4ZF__Sx9VlVQnhwMaAj7g8P8HAQ (from the pics it looks like a standard UK keyboard but with some little letters of the European layout)

Back