What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

I hate you Scan.co.uk

Quinn

Banned
I purchased all the parts for my new PC, got them. Installed them all without the GPU (MSI 960 4gb) and it worked. Shut it down. Installed the GPU and guess what? It didnt work so faulty GPU. So I proceeded to take the GPU out, unscrewed, unwired and unclipped from the pci-e slot. Proceeded to pull it out gently and the plastic cover on the pci-e slot comes along with it for a dander and exposes some bent pins at the back. And now my Motherboard doesn't work all because of a faulty GPU I got from Scan UK

Any chance of an RMA or refund? Did the parts come with warrenty etc.? Either way I'd suggest talking to them on the phone and trying to get money back etc etc.

I don't know if they came with warranty or not. My problem is I just went a week without a PC and now I will have to go another week+ because of faulty products.

This forum discussion isn't exactly for bashing on companies, if the GPU is faulty it doesn't mean it's scans fault, shit happens, things come broken, you get it replaced, not a big deal.

If it comes with a guarantee or not it must work as advertised and stay working for a reasonable time (Consumer rights)

Honestly I was thinking about the exact same thing, we were talking about it in Business yesterday (in school).

you take that back scan is a nerdvana! 

but im sure if you ring them they can help you fix/replace the parts

Not entirely, PCI slot still made out of shit. I am just lucky there was another pci-e slot. I might have bashed Scan for the wrong reasons but MSI still needs to make up for it :p

Pictures speak a thousand words !!!

And don't forget you can always just trim off excess pins if your having trouble fitting it :)

cut-board.jpg

This is a joke dont fucking do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not entirely, PCI slot still made out of shit. I am just lucky there was another pci-e slot. I might have bashed Scan for the wrong reasons but MSI still needs to make up for it :p
This isn't Scan's fault. I've dealt with them often and they've always been excellent with customer service and any RMA's especially when i mucked up and picked a wrong part.

The PCI-E Cover? You mean the slot right? This sounds like you didnt have the retainer clip fully released when you pulled the card out, or didnt pull it straight up away from the board. It's easily done and some boards are worse for it than others. If you have the type that tilt back (as opposited to spring loaded tension) a handy tool is a pencil with an eraser on the end, you can apply enough pressure from above to release the clip, and if it slips off, the rubber tip wont spear the board like a screwdriver.

If you actually mean cover - i hope you dont mean the plastic cover that shields the GPU pci conenctor - you are meant to remove that first ;)

You want a tough mobo problem - try accidentally bending a pin on the LGA socket when you remove the cpu transit cover. It's so easily done and it's always 100% your fault. When you build a PC yourself always remember you are taking a degree of risk yourself for damage caused in the construction process, if you dont want to risk damage - pay them to put it together for you.

Ive speared a few boards with screwdrivers, due to hidden catches. Luckily never broken one.

Back