What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Implement more rules for gang wars.

JimR

Honestly this past few months have been shocking for gangs in terms of wars. Gonna put this into bullet points to stop myself waffling, and I will try to put a solution for each one as well. 

-Timeframe: This mara/grove war is a prime example, neither gang will accept defeat and therefore the war has one on for nearly a month now. Wars should be no more than a week (ish). Solution: staff need to step in at a point and call ceasefire. Gangs need to suck it up. Its a roleplay server, not a PvP server.
-Roleplay (civilian): Lets be honest, it has been going downhill recently, but as there is already a thread on it I won't elaborate too much. I've seen for a lot of wars recently gangs have agreed on 'shoot on sight while in colours'. Obviously in certain situations it is acceptable, but I have witnessed on multiple occasions a gang rolling up to their rivals turf, shooting someone in the head and throwing them in a car. They then take em to dodgy, or dump after a quick selfire session on tweedle. This is shit RP. It should be banned.
-Roleplay (police): Gonna keep this one short as it has recently been getting better but police need to remember that their number one priority is to save the persons life and then look into charging them etc etc. Seen police recently stick a downed person in cuffs with no rp and just take the gun. Win mentality. Needs to stop. I get it is the polices job, but maybe RP a bit first? 
-Forum wars: One of the biggest ones for me, every time I browse the forums I see 10 new reports from gangs on each other who are at war. If you aint happy with something, liase in discord first and forums should be a last resort. You shouldn't be trying to win an IC war by getting the other side banned.. It is not only a waste of staff time but also makes my morning shit incredibly boring as it means I have nothing interesting to read.
-OOC crying: IT IS THE POLICES JOB TO STOP YOU SHOOTING EACH OTHER. I hate it when I log on and OOC chat is full of 'Why did the stupid feds intervene?' and other immature comments. 

I think thats pretty much it from me, will add anything I missed in an edit. Critisisms and opinions are appreciated.

I do agree on most of these points, dodgy, dumping, tweedle etc. But I don't see why wars should have a max timeframe. It is up to the gangs to make it interesting, plan out a fight at Cayo Perico, do foot pushes like Aztecas & Ballas, have melee fights, have a "capture the van" event. If the war consists of only the same stuff, playing rocketleague on the streets etc it gets dry and repetitive. 

But I don't see why wars should have a max timeframe
You make a good point but my issue is that most wars are repetitive, just car wars etc. Thats why I didn't specify a time frame on when staff should intervene. If there is variation in the fights then its fine, but if its going on for over a month with each gang pushing in cars and then them both hiding for the next two days to get more guns. Nobody accepting defeat because of egos.

Also as this is getting downvoted to fuck, would anyone like to explain their reasoning?

You make a good point but my issue is that most wars are repetitive, just car wars etc. Thats why I didn't specify a time frame on when staff should intervene. If there is variation in the fights then its fine, but if its going on for over a month with each gang pushing in cars and then them both hiding for the next two days to get more guns. Nobody accepting defeat because of egos.

Also as this is getting downvoted to fuck, would anyone like to explain their reasoning?
Are you directly involved in the war you are talking about? If not, then you don’t really know what has happened and what different approaches gangs have taken? 

Recently I have seen both gangs do a load of different things, other than just using war cars. 

- Hit and runs 

- Pushing on foot 

- Kidnapping each other 

- Ballas even used a sniper rifle

- Use of helicopters

While it might not be to your liking, there is obviously some variety in what they are they doing, not just constant rinse and repeat? I’m sure someone from Aztecas or Ballas could go into it further. 

Personally I’ll be giving -1, I don’t believe we need rules regarding lengths of wars or what ways the gangs can fight etc… the rules are in place to keep things fair - limiting how wars can be fought or for how long doesn’t change fairness, it just limits what gangs are able to do. 

I’m sure someone from Aztecas or Ballas could go into it further. 
Wasn't talking about Ballas vs Aztecas, those two gangs have always had exceptional RP. Both towards my crim and my cop. This is a case of the few ruining it for everyone IMO.

Wasn't talking about Ballas vs Aztecas, those two gangs have always had exceptional RP. Both towards my crim and my cop. This is a case of the few ruining it for everyone IMO.
Regardless of who you are talking about though, same logic applies, unless you are actually involved then you don’t really know what scenarios are going on. 

I just don’t think there is a need for rules to dictate the things you are suggesting - ultimately gang leads and staff leads etc… have lines of communication, if staff, leads or management think it’s going too far then they will step in, as they have before. 

I think a massive part of the problem is that people complain about gangs shooting each other a lot, fighting cops etc… but ultimately they are just acting like a gang, fulfilling their character story. If they want to continue fight then so be it - at the end of the day these wars do support the community, as without crims there would be no police. They support the economy - war cars makes dealerships money, guns make gun dealers money, armour and bandages make groups and pawn shop and so on. If the wars aren’t effected civs not involved to a terrible degree, I don’t see an issue with it. 

I think a massive part of the problem is that people complain about gangs shooting each other a lot, fighting cops etc… but ultimately they are just acting like a gang, fulfilling their character story.
Of course, only most of this complaining is done ooc.....

Back