What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

iPhone activation lock

JSt4r

Banned
So the other day I left my iPhone 6 in McDonalds and someone decided to steal it, more precisely the manager. He had obviously tried to reset it but failed. But what he did manage to do was put his Apple ID on the phone causing me not to be able to access my phone. What I think he has does is made it so the iPhone is in lost mode by using Find my iPhone. So whenever I try to set-up the phone to access it I need to enter the Apple ID that was used to reset the phone (his one). 

So my question is, how will I access my phone again?

It would be much appreciated if someone could help,

JStar.

A little confused, My guess is you got it back ?
Yeah, I've got it back now just locked out.

A little confused, My guess is you got it back ?
thing-640x1124.jpg

I get this message, so I don't know what Apple ID was used to reset it as it's the person who stole its account.

Last edited by a moderator:
When the girlfriend gets locked out of her iPad (forgot password) i just put it in recovery mode and let iTunes set it up as a new phone... it depends if you have unbacked up stuff on your iPhone if not then put it in recovery mode and plug it into your usb (pc)

How to put an iPhone in recovery mode:

Open iTunes and connect the iPhone to your Mac. Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time. As soon as the screen goes black release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.20

Yeah, I've got it back now just locked out.
Pretty sure you can plug it in and wipe it. You will loose all your stuff though. 

I assume you'll make sure to put a password on in future but I personally have an app to track my phone and it backs all my stuff up to google drive on a daily basis (I keep a lot of important stuff on there :p ) . Also, you can get an app called Tasker (well I have it on my android but not sure about iPhone) and it pretty much lets you setup things to happen if something else happens. I have if someone gets my password wrong twice it takes a picture on front and back camera and uploads it. Pretty cool!

When the girlfriend gets locked out of her iPad (forgot password) i just put it in recovery mode and let iTunes set it up as a new phone... it depends if you have unbacked up stuff on your iPhone if not then put it in recovery mode and plug it into your usb (pc)

How to put an iPhone in recovery mode:

Open iTunes and connect the iPhone to your Mac. Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time. As soon as the screen goes black release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.20
Thank you, I will be sure to try this.

Pretty sure you can plug it in and wipe it. You will loose all your stuff though. 

I assume you'll make sure to put a password on in future but I personally have an app to track my phone and it backs all my stuff up to google drive on a daily basis (I keep a lot of important stuff on there :p ) . Also, you can get an app called Tasker (well I have it on my android but not sure about iPhone) and it pretty much lets you setup things to happen if something else happens. I have if someone gets my password wrong twice it takes a picture on front and back camera and uploads it. Pretty cool!
Problem is with that I can't access the reset :(  this is due to I need the Apple ID and password.

Ah, i've not used an apple product (well, to this extent) since my iPod 4th gen so i'm a bit clueless. Certainly up your security though, and as you have an iPhone6 use the finger scanner then. :)  @JStar

Ah, i've not used an apple product (well, to this extent) since my iPod 4th gen so i'm a bit clueless. Certainly up your security though, and as you have an iPhone6 use the finger scanner then. :)  @JStar
haha, I had a password and finger scanner applied but he somehow bypassed it.

Uhm... Go the mcdonalds and sue the manager if he doesn't give u the apple ID he used to erase ur iphone with?

Putting the iPhone in DFU and then restoring doesn't work, as an icloud lock is still been applied(the lock that youre trying to get rid of).

Maybe with proof of purchase or contract you could take it to the apple store and explain what happened and show that you are the proper owner and they might be able to sort it out for you buddy .

If it's a contract phone - try calling the network, they have control over the activation locks to some degree.

We jut got 30 iphones at work and had to have EE release the activation locks through apple so we can use them with any network. Also, i'd be contacting McDonalds corporate offices straight away, via email and social media because that's seriously shady. I'd say also go to the police but it depends how much hard evidence you have.

Don't leave ur phone in maccies 

Profit??????????????
Some how I did :D  

Uhm... Go the mcdonalds and sue the manager if he doesn't give u the apple ID he used to erase ur iphone with?

Putting the iPhone in DFU and then restoring doesn't work, as an icloud lock is still been applied(the lock that youre trying to get rid of).
Well the manager got fired from his job by stealing it, so I guess he locked it as he got sacked.

Maybe with proof of purchase or contract you could take it to the apple store and explain what happened and show that you are the proper owner and they might be able to sort it out for you buddy .
I took it to the Apple Store they said after 10 days it would be unlocked... 13 days later still locked :(  

If it's a contract phone - try calling the network, they have control over the activation locks to some degree.

We jut got 30 iphones at work and had to have EE release the activation locks through apple so we can use them with any network. Also, i'd be contacting McDonalds corporate offices straight away, via email and social media because that's seriously shady. I'd say also go to the police but it depends how much hard evidence you have.
Called Vodafone they said only Apple could sort it out.

but thank you all for your help and suggestions I really appreciate it!

If yo go to an Apple store, (an official apple store) with proof that you bought it, and that it belongs to you, they can fix it there. You should not be able to get past it yourself. 

Ive worked with apple products in the past, and its really hard to get past that lock..We got told to send everyone with problems like that to an apple store close by.

Can take some hours as they need to be completely sure you did not steal it.

maybe you can try to remove his Apple ID directly with a removal tool, Joyoshare Activation Unlocker or any other you think it's workable,  and then set up your account. Or you can contact Apple directly and explain the situation. You'll need to prepare the receipt from Apple or other relevant information. 

@sherrrthe big lurker snooping far and wide

Back