What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Let houses do more!

JDM-4

Brief Summary:

A few different examples of things that can be added to houses to improve RP!

Detailed Suggestion:

• Let us cook things in our house, we should be able to buy an oven, and shop owners should be able to add cooking ingredients in their shops so we can make food in our houses that can't be bought at shops, unique stuff like biscuits and muffins etc. We can then buy a food van and sell these unique items, the more unique food we can cook the better, as different people will sell different stuff, and this will be great for RP as you won't be able to buy home made food from stores

• Let us use weed to cook edibles, these can sell for a little more to locals as it will be more time consuming to produce, and when consuming one you should feel slightly high in game and it should make your hunger decrease a little quicker so you feel more hungry but give you a bonus in return like running faster etc. 

• Houses have 5000 storage, let us add storage to houses by buying a new type of safe that gives you an extra 1000 storage, but costs 100k to buy, and you can only buy max 5 so total house storage can now be 10,000 (£500k to double you houses storage seems fair to me and doesn't seem game breaking)

• Allow us to give house keys to others the same way we can share car keys (so after the server restarts they lose the keys) OR just allow us to unlock/lock our doors so anyone can enter - But also only allow the house owner to access the house storage safe

• Allow us to buy bagging stations so we can bag our drugs the same way gangs can, but make it REALLY expensive, like 500K-1Mil, at the end of the day, letting civs have these will be a big plus for server performance, as you won't have as many people clicking away trying to bag 2000 weed.

• Let us buy garage slots (but with a limit), once again price these very high (maybe 100-250k per slot) and only let us have double of what we currently have, so if we currently have a 3 car garage, we can buy 3 more slots etc.

• This is a long shot, but maybe let us buy speakers for the house so we can throw house parties? (similar to clubs that have the youtube speakers) Make these speakers disappear per restart (for server performance), and you have to stick it in your house from house furniture whenever you want to use it after a server restart. This, plus the leaving your doors unlocked can create for great RP house parties and gatherings.

The Pros:

• Increases quality of RP
  • Adds quality of life options
  • Adds variety to the food on the server
  • Makes users spend a lot of money making the economy a little better as too many people are rich
  • Adds goals to work towards, feel like once you have a house and your faviroute import you've completed the grind, upgrading your house will add more gaols to achieve.

The Cons:

Not any that I can think of, but please let me know in the comments if you can think of any.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Yes, but in a good way.

Last edited by a moderator:
i like this, i don't have a house myself, nor do i know how the economy works on fivem so from what i know the prices could be fine

one thing though i would probably change

But also only allow the house owner to access the house storage safe
just make it so whoever has keys can access it? otherwise giving keys doesn't really do that much imo

i like this, i don't have a house myself, nor do i know how the economy works on fivem so from what i know the prices could be fine

one thing though i would probably change

just make it so whoever has keys can access it? otherwise giving keys doesn't really do that much imo
The way house safes work right now, is if anyone enters your house, they can find your safe and access your stuff, defeating the purpose of a 'safe', so if only the house owner could access it, or if we have to stick a code on it to open it, then all would be fair (police can still raid of course). But thank you for your input, hope the devs can give me some input as well.

i made the exact same suggestion not to long ago. I feel houses really do need to do more as im using mine purely for storage and thats it i have no other reason to go back there and this is something people are fighting for a lot. Houses need to be more interactive and i could agree more with what you have suggested just like my own. +1

Points 1,3,4,6,7 +1, I feel the points 2,5 make drug creation even easier especially when money isn't too hard to come by right now to pay for those types of upgrades, I think the drug processing could use with some tweaks but personally I don't think that's what is needed. 

+1 these are actually good suggestions. We should be able to do more things in our houses so there are more RP opportunities. Atm houses are only used for storage. Maybe there would be potential to invite some people over and chill together, have house parties, family dinner etc.

Back