What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Low FPS

Conor Barcoe

Hi everyone, i just wanted to get suggestions from you all about how to get a higher FPS, i usually get around 25-32 FPS and in city's it goes down to around 19-25. This dosent really effect me to much as i have played console for my whole life until around 4 months ago when i bought and built my first PC, but i want to have a higher FPS because why not? So if anyone can tell me what i can do that would be helpful, P.S. i also overclocked my GPU to the maximum i can.without it getting to hot and my FPS is still around the same (possibly my CPU is bad)

My specs (dont judge, i only had £500 to spend)

Operating System
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
    Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz    38 °C
    Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
    8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H61M-USB3-B3 (Socket 1155)    33 °C
Graphics
    22W_LCD_TV (1920x1080@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (EVGA)    47 °C
Storage
    931GB SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA Device (SATA)    34 °C
Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222AB ATA Device

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't anything special, it comes from someone (me) who has had a shit ton of problems with FPS on ARMA 3. This is just tips and information that I have gathered from computer whizz’s, videos and forums that I used to try and gain the best FPS possible for myself.
I don't have a flashy PC, it's not the best but it's not the worst. I’ll leave my specs below and then get straight onto my own.
•    Intel Core i5 3570k 3.2GHz
•    8GB DDR3 RAM
•    GeForce NVIDIA 750Ti 
•    EVGA NVIDIA 650
•    P8Z77-V motherboard
•    250GB Crucial SSD
•    1TB Samsung HDD

Firstly I would suggest downloading a ‘CPU Unparking tool’ basically this tool would enable your CPU to be used to its maximum capability ( please correct me if I am wrong, I am a hobo with computers )

Secondly make sure your PC Operating system (OS) is up to date, as long as your Graphics card drivers. I tend to do this every 3-4 days.

I personally have Mcaffe security and this has a ‘Real Time Scanning’ option I turn this off when I am playing ARMA. I would also suggest making sure the software isn't trying to scan whilst you are playing.

Set ARMA 3 to ‘high priority’ in your task manager. This helps to make sure your PC is putting ARMA first (I may be wrong)

Make sure NOTHING but ARMA is running (keep teamspeak or whatever you need) because other programs use your CPU power. You can close them in your task manager.

I have recently installed ASUS’a own GPU Overclocking software which you can set to have a gaming mode and it will also stop background processes and allocate power to your fans/CPU/GPU.bit also defragments your PC quickly to give you more available memory. This software is called ASUS GPU tweak2

Correct parameters- for my hardware I have my parameters configured differently to how everyone else would.This is because everyone has different hardware and so the setting will be different. My parameters are : 
    CPU count 4
     EX Threads Geometry loading
    2047 maxmem
    MaxVram 6144
    No logs
It is important to allocate these settings to your own configuration.

Custom video settings in game.  I found that the auto detect option is extremely shit. Use custom to find your preference. I also find that setting the view distance higher that 2.5-3.5km enables me to get higher FPS.

Closing ARMA 3 launcher

theres a few more tips and tricks so just message me on here or send a PM on teamspeak and we can have a chat about it!

Its the processor that is causing low fps here, unfortunately Altis Life (this framework) is as optimized as it can be and to get the best out of it a clockspeed of 3.8ghz + is what i would recommend.

The new framework may or may not sort out your problem but still i would recommend upgrading the CPU soon as you can rather than hoping playing with settings is going to help, it may but it wont be the FPS your looking for.

This isn't anything special, it comes from someone (me) who has had a shit ton of problems with FPS on ARMA 3. This is just tips and information that I have gathered from computer whizz’s, videos and forums that I used to try and gain the best FPS possible for myself.
I don't have a flashy PC, it's not the best but it's not the worst. I’ll leave my specs below and then get straight onto my own.
•    Intel Core i5 3570k 3.2GHz
•    8GB DDR3 RAM
•    GeForce NVIDIA 750Ti 
•    EVGA NVIDIA 650
•    P8Z77-V motherboard
•    250GB Crucial SSD
•    1TB Samsung HDD

Firstly I would suggest downloading a ‘CPU Unparking tool’ basically this tool would enable your CPU to be used to its maximum capability ( please correct me if I am wrong, I am a hobo with computers )

Secondly make sure your PC Operating system (OS) is up to date, as long as your Graphics card drivers. I tend to do this every 3-4 days.

I personally have Mcaffe security and this has a ‘Real Time Scanning’ option I turn this off when I am playing ARMA. I would also suggest making sure the software isn't trying to scan whilst you are playing.

Set ARMA 3 to ‘high priority’ in your task manager. This helps to make sure your PC is putting ARMA first (I may be wrong)

Make sure NOTHING but ARMA is running (keep teamspeak or whatever you need) because other programs use your CPU power. You can close them in your task manager.

I have recently installed ASUS’a own GPU Overclocking software which you can set to have a gaming mode and it will also stop background processes and allocate power to your fans/CPU/GPU.bit also defragments your PC quickly to give you more available memory. This software is called ASUS GPU tweak2

Correct parameters- for my hardware I have my parameters configured differently to how everyone else would.This is because everyone has different hardware and so the setting will be different. My parameters are : 
    CPU count 4
     EX Threads Geometry loading
    2047 maxmem
    MaxVram 6144
    No logs
It is important to allocate these settings to your own configuration.

Custom video settings in game.  I found that the auto detect option is extremely shit. Use custom to find your preference. I also find that setting the view distance higher that 2.5-3.5km enables me to get higher FPS.

Closing ARMA 3 launcher

theres a few more tips and tricks so just message me on here or send a PM on teamspeak and we can have a chat about it!
thanks man that's more detail than what I expected to get back, I will talk to you on TS if you have time and  I will download the software when I get back to my PC, thanks it means a lot.

Its the processor that is causing low fps here, unfortunately Altis Life (this framework) is as optimized as it can be and to get the best out of it a clockspeed of 3.8ghz + is what i would recommend.

The new framework may or may not sort out your problem but still i would recommend upgrading the CPU soon as you can rather than hoping playing with settings is going to help, it may but it wont be the FPS your looking for.
it's the god him self,

haha, yeah I was thinking that it was the CPU but I wanted to be sure before I went and bought another one. Hopefully the next framework doesn't make things worst for me and goodluck on that btw. Thanks for the advice 

You could try making your comp run on all cores at startup 

Open run menu (windows key + R) type "msconfig"

go to boot tab, click advanced options, then number of processors and put the max, also make sure you delete your temp files and prefetch files and obviously make sure you dont have too many programs running from startup

You could try making your comp run on all cores at startup 

Open run menu (windows key + R) type "msconfig"

go to boot tab, click advanced options, then number of processors and put the max, also make sure you delete your temp files and prefetch files and obviously make sure you dont have too many programs running from startup
Yeah, I just have my recording software and TS open, I will try and run on all cores, btw I don't know to much about this so is it alright if I message you if I get stuck, and thanks for the suggestions 

Back