What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Make Alcohol Great Again!

Envy

Historically I know a lot of people used to carry alcohol on them as a weaker but quicker alternative to using bandages, however with the changes which brought in walking drunk instantly after drinking any form of alcohol rendered the purpose of alcohol solely for RP! I believe people should have more reason to visit bars around the city and buy alcohol, instead of it being a one time commodity which people will only buy on rare occasions when being served at a bar for example.

My suggestion:
Make a change to where (as an example) drinking 4 shots of *insert alcohol here* will make you walk drunk instead of making you walk drunk instantly from one shot, this to me would still leave balance to where alcohol cannot be abused without consequence but also has more purpose within the server, this would be a further benefit to bars meaning people don't go in with the sole purpose of buying smoothies or speakers.

I agree with this.
Getting shitfaced after 1 drink is a bit much, and we constantly have customers ask us "WTF did you just serve me!" all the time in RP.
Ideally set a limit for each alcohol, so the stronger stuff makes you drunk faster.
But maybe also the possibility of getting incapacitated if you drink too much too quickly?

I absolutely agree I think it'll make more sense for drinks to get you drunk over time, some being stronger than others.

In GTA 5 you can get incapacitated if you drink too many drinks at once and respawn at a hospital, instead of being teleported to the hospital you just collapse and go into a downed state?

I think this'll add more roleplay to drunks and also can lead to more roleplay stories being made with Police and NHS.

+1, as an aside, perhaps look into a way to ensure the effect wears off without having to relog or change animation as people get locked in the drunk walk without realising it's not meant to happen.

Back