What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

more ways to make money

standox420

i love the uk rp community and i have spent a lot of time with you all on altis and recently the gta server...  i am aware that the gta server is a work in progress but i have found over the last few months that its become more of a drag than a grind to spend time on this server..

i realize the server is based heavily off of British law and lifestyle, but i find it very hard to grind on this server for money as of lately....   There is a heavy focus on gun manufacturing where most of the ways you make income are based off selling guns and grinding for the materials to create these guns, yet guns are totally illegal and the police find every opportunity to search players they come in contact with to remove the guns off of them. The pricing of guns by the cartels is so extremely high that you could potentially ruin your whole bank account by getting a gun confiscated off of you in an arrest causing players to act less than realistic when they are faced with losing a firearm in a robbery or a police encounter...   this causes police shootouts and poor roleplay during robberies when a gun is requested when you are trying to strip a person of their possessions in a robbery.

i have been imprisoned in maximum security jails because of the glitch where police cant seem to search you anymore so instead of taking your word on weather you have a gun or not they just ship you off to jail to make sure your inventory is removed due to the fact that they cant see what you have on you. I find this to be a huge waste of a players time to sit in a jail because of a server glitch the role play of a prison sentence over a traffic violation is laughable..

also the $50 washcloth that you can only use once is a real pain in the arse when we all remember being able to use it infinitely prior... weather this was a glitch before or not i dont know but realistically if you spent 50 bucks on a wash cloth in the real world it should last over one use. 

the newly implemented food changes in the vending machines are also a real downer... spending 50 bucks on 2 apples that dont fill you up is a joke.. almost making it pointless to eat in your house.. i feel that the changes are trying to push people to only use player owned stores and it feels like a corporate monopoly situation where store owners benefit more than customers from the products they buy.  

the constant glitches of buying homes and not being able to get inside of them unless you drive away is enough to make me pull out my hair on most days.

i am not here complaining i am just trying to vent the frustrations most of us players feel that are actually trying to experience everything that the server has to offer.. time is money in the real world and the harvesting times and amounts received from the harvest seem to be way out of wack. I feel like alot of time is wasted playing on this server with very little reward for your time.

i do occasionally enjoy chatting with people in legion square but the fact that you can drive through there and see half of the server population just standing around in the rain talking nonsense is a clear sign that there isnt much to do for everyone and people are getting bored with what is available for them to do.

money lost on vehicle upgrades is enraging aswell when you work hard to obtain a car that is highly overpriced in my opinion in comparison to the money you actually make from hard grinding ive lost thousands on vehicle upgrades that don't stick or vanish  after you store the vehicle in your garage. that being said i appreciate all the devs and admin are doing and i realize the tasking nature of running a server and many wrinkles will be ironed out with time. But the enjoyment levels needs to increase for the players who are doing the small jobs and not able to be a big time gun runner in the cartel.  60 grand for a handgun is a joke... and if guns are illegal and frowned upon by authority why base the jobs so heavily  on gun manufacturing?

secret locations are great but hiding the processing circles on everything make it like walking around in the dark for new players..

player paychecks are also very light when a paycheck cant even buy you a washcloth it makes me wonder what i am doing wrong by being a mechanic... also on the mechanic topic proficiency levels have  increased but yet i am still a level 0 when i check my stats at the impound and the paycheck stays the same with higher proficiency levels, this also seems out of wack to me.

if i accidentally open my phone while my  inventory is open it locks my game 100% of the time causing me to have to relog and if i happen to be in my car im not when i come back causing me to pay another 250 at the impound....  as of this time i feel like the server mechanics are causing players to bleed their bank accounts more than they can stack cash by playing prudently and with integrity to the character they are portraying..

best wishes.. and see you on the other side...

I think you've made at least ten really valid points here. Its tough to know where to start a discussion though. 

I think the biggest thing I can take from this is that the time spent grinding versus the time spent actually role-playing is way out of whack and I wholly agree with this. The processes in game should lead to roleplay as a vehicle to bring people together. Gun manufacture just being one of them. 

Unfortunately a group of people have banded together to fix prices on guns. Whilst I can agree with it IC unfortunately I can see the detriment it has OOC. It took me almost two hours last night to replace a gun and that was with knowing all locations and having my own manufacturing equipment. 

The problem is striking a balance between the rarity of guns and the morons who want to play counterstrike in this server. 

Personally I'd like to see it be less of a grind like you I think, but the devs really need to see these opinions expressed more on here. 

The simplest solution I can see is balancing the opportunity cost of time to grind for guns with time to earn money to pay for said gun. 

To that end I concur with your original point. More legal income should be balanced versus the time spent completing said tasks. There are two legal jobs on the server currently that pay really well. There are plenty that pay way less. I'd like to see the poor paying ones come up to the financial reward of the well paying ones. 

That way I can earn the £50k+ an hour I need to replace a gun I lost due to a bug/robbery/other rp

For the record I have a gun for self defence as everyone else has one and it provides me with a safer way out of getting robbed. I don't actually use it 95% of the time. I think I've shot two people in anger overall. 

Illegal income is fine as it is as there is always risk with every reward but if people do lose their most valuable items whcih are guns currently then they need legitimate risk free ways to make money to replace lost items. 

I think this would go a long way towards assuaging these kinds of issues and perceptions. 

apologies for formatting I wrote the above on my phone but I think this guy has made a brilliant opening post about the "grind", its almost like an MMO on the server. The game should be fun and with several hours of grinding just to get something basic like a pistol it becomes not fun. I worry that it has some very long term detrimental effects on the server. I like to meet new people in the game but when it becomes the same <50 people here all of the time even the RP is going to become stale after a while as there is already too much accidental meta-gaming with voice recognition and other issues with a small community. 

Back