What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Need some help with a Mobo.

Kakujaa

Royal Flush
So as I've been saying for a while now I've been looking to upgrade my PC but after some research I had no clue what model my motherboard was. I now know and it's a GA-970A-DS3P   [Copy and paste for the win] but yeah. It's a little shitty according to what I've heard and I need some advice on what I should get which is good for a decent intel. My case is the Zalman Z3 Plus so that will probably need an upgrade as well. 

Any help would be much appreciated cheers guys.

Also, My PC isn't good since I never knew I would get so hooked onto PC gaming. I was a console fanboy once..

Specs - 

ProcessorAMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core ProcessorManufacturerAMDSpeed3.5 GHzNumber of Cores6Video CardAMD Radeon R7 200 SeriesManufacturerATIChipsetAMD Radeon R7 200 SeriesDedicated Memory2.0 GBTotal Memory4.0 GBMemory8.2 GBOperating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bitService Pack1Size64 BitEditionHome Premium

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you looking to build a whole new system buddy? What's the inspiration for the upgrades? What's your budget?

I've just built a new system around this pack - http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-intel-ultimate-bundle--includes-maximus-vii-ranger--core-i7-4790k--8gb-vengeance-pro-memory--9MBV.html?src=2

Intel i7 4790k @4.0Ghz (overclocked to 4.8), Asus Republic of Gamers Maximus Ranger VII Motherboard, 8GB of Corsair Vengence Pro 1866MHz memory. It's pretty good for only £450, and it's all guaranteed to work together. I would look at upgrading your graphics card as well, it's hard to beat the Intel/nVidia combo, but it all depends on your funds etc.

With buying new stuff - you COULD go for cutting edge and get the new 6xxx series Intel Skylake CPUs, however, their overclocking potential is not much more than the Haswell-E refresh (what i've linked) and the 4790k is an extremely capable CPU. If you overclock it - it can get quite hot so add about 50-80 quid on top to get yourself a decent cooler. I'd recommend Noctua or BeQuiet for high-end air, or Corsair H80/110i GT/GTX for closed loop. If if you have the pockets and stones for it - you can build your own custom loop but i  cant offer any advice there.

Hope this helps!

Are you looking to build a whole new system buddy? What's the inspiration for the upgrades? What's your budget?

I've just built a new system around this pack - http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-intel-ultimate-bundle--includes-maximus-vii-ranger--core-i7-4790k--8gb-vengeance-pro-memory--9MBV.html?src=2

Intel i7 4790k @4.0Ghz (overclocked to 4.8), Asus Republic of Gamers Maximus Ranger VII Motherboard, 8GB of Corsair Vengence Pro 1866MHz memory. It's pretty good for only £450, and it's all guaranteed to work together. I would look at upgrading your graphics card as well, it's hard to beat the Intel/nVidia combo, but it all depends on your funds etc.

With buying new stuff - you COULD go for cutting edge and get the new 6xxx series Intel Skylake CPUs, however, their overclocking potential is not much more than the Haswell-E refresh (what i've linked) and the 4790k is an extremely capable CPU. If you overclock it - it can get quite hot so add about 50-80 quid on top to get yourself a decent cooler. I'd recommend Noctua or BeQuiet for high-end air, or Corsair H80/110i GT/GTX for closed loop. If if you have the pockets and stones for it - you can build your own custom loop but i  cant offer any advice there.

Hope this helps!
Thanks a bunch! Will 100% Consider this :)  

Back