What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Need your help!

Proxeum

Afternoon all,

As the title says, i'm in need of your help. I've built a few gaming PCs before, but this time i'm looking to make a Mini-ITX machine. (see sexy case below)

1KlYe.jpg

Now i really have no idea where to start, all of the components are different, i want it to be as powerful as your normal gaming computers, on par or better than my current setup (see here: ) So, i've used overclockers.co.uk before when buying components and they've been great, i saw that they will put the PC together for you, you get an option of what components to choose.

Here is the link http://www.overclockers.co.uk/syscon_int.php?prodid=FS-043-OG this where you choose the components.

Ideally i'd like the budget to be around £1000, if anyone here is willing and able to help me then i'd be extremely grateful.

/Proxeum

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I would choose to build it myself, it is not difficult and as you have purchased components before I would assume you have a basic idea of what you're doing.

Whilst I am sure the overclockers staff put them together perfectly fine, I feel the choice of components is somewhat limited (Especially around the CPU cooler, PSU & RAM)

If I were you I'd be wanting a:

Z97 ITX (all much the same just depends if you want to colour match it)

Noctua NH-L12

16GB of 1800Mhz/2133Mhz RAM

GTX 970 (probably the gigabyte or asus factory overclocked ones)

Personally I would choose to build it myself, it is not difficult and as you have purchased components before I would assume you have a basic idea of what you're doing.

Whilst I am sure the overclockers staff put them together perfectly fine, I feel the choice of components is somewhat limited (Especially around the CPU cooler, PSU & RAM)

If I were you I'd be wanting a:

Z97 ITX (all much the same just depends if you want to colour match it)

Noctua NH-L12

16GB of 1800Mhz/2133Mhz RAM

GTX 970 (probably the gigabyte or asus factory overclocked ones)
Following on from this, the best place to buy the parts for these would be www.scan.co.uk their prices are good and they normally have majority of computer components in stock and ready to deliver in a few days.

I built as close as I could on overclockers and it came out at £1450 ish

Building it yourself 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/hDCQxr

(I put a h100i on it as it was in budget :) and getting an ITX case I assume you are intending on carrying at around and have the small waterblock on the CPU removes the rish of damage from heavy heatsinks during transport)

Last edited by a moderator:
Following on from this, the best place to buy the parts for these would be www.scan.co.uk their prices are good and they normally have majority of computer components in stock and ready to deliver in a few days.
Scan have somehow got a bad reputation, I have never had an issue with them and always had free next day delivery. Only ever had one DOA which was RMAd and the replacement in my hands 4 days after I sent it off...

I built as close as I could on overclockers and it came out at £1450 ish

Building it yourself 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/hDCQxr

(I put a h100i on it as it was in budget :) and getting an ITX case I assume you are intending on carrying at around and have the small waterblock on the CPU removes the rish of damage from heavy heatsinks during transport)
Awesome, thankyou for that mate, i'll build it myself then, i'll order these parts from OCuK, like you said in your comment, i've also had a bad experience with scan, that was one time though.

It does look like this little machine will be quite the beast.

I'm going to go with the anniversary case though, blakc and gold, looks pretty sexy!

Sure, I just put it on there as the green one was out of stock without any prices so was a bit pointless. An alternative option is also to take the h100i out, replace it with the Noctua NH-L12 and then replace the power supply with a semi passive one. Obviously it will spool up while gaming (Although it will be quieter than the graphics card) but it will be quite nice if you use your PC for general office/study stuff. Personal preference, but it is something you should consider.

Sure, I just put it on there as the green one was out of stock without any prices so was a bit pointless. An alternative option is also to take the h100i out, replace it with the Noctua NH-L12 and then replace the power supply with a semi passive one. Obviously it will spool up while gaming (Although it will be quieter than the graphics card) but it will be quite nice if you use your PC for general office/study stuff. Personal preference, but it is something you should consider.
I mainly use my PC for gaming and noise isn't an issue, i'll stick with the H100i.

Now i need to decide what i want to do with my old PC, sell it or keep it.

I'm probably going to order it all on the monday coming, so when i get it built and what not i'll stick some pictures up, really appreciate your help mate, would've been pretty lost without you.

Mini ITX computers are compact and need to be built correctly with good air flow, I would suggest watching a couple of youtube videos :)

Mini ITX computers are compact and need to be built correctly with good air flow, I would suggest watching a couple of youtube videos :)
It is as simple as keeping most of the cables out of the way, it has a front intake so the h100 should be an exhaust. I do believe it has a perforated section as a GPU intake. Using the H100i rather than a blower cooler should remove the majority of the issues associated with these cases(unless you use it as an intake... then you have fucked up a bit...).

Back