What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

New Build - Questions

All the help on this post is great, I have taken it all into account and I have got a new build put together. I'll post it shortly - I am buying parts separately and will be custom building.

All the help on this post is great, I have taken it all into account and I have got a new build put together. I'll post it shortly - I am buying parts separately and will be custom building.
Yay! is the build the same as originally posted?

My advice... Just do what Lionel says and you will be a very happy camper.
This advice is a general tip that applies to everything in life.

Hey, sorry for taking so long. For those of you who are interested, or want to tell me how wrong I am, here's my finalized build:

CASE: NZXT H440 Mid Tower Case with Side Window and 4 Quiet Fans for PC - Matte Black/Red

413Iex9VCTL.jpg

MOTHERBOARD:

MSI Z170A GAMING M7 LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU:

Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 95W BX80662I76700K Desktop Processor Intel® HD Graphics 530

GPU:

EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 06G-P4-4993-KR 6GB SC GAMING w/ACX 2.0+, Whisper Silent Cooling Graphics Card 

PSU:

CORSAIR RMx RM850X 850W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Power Supply 

CPU COOLING:

be quiet! BK019 - Be Quiet! BK019 Dark Rock Pro3 Heatsink & Fan All Intel & AMD Sockets Dual Silent 

HARD DRIVE:

Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

SSD:

Crucial BX100 2.5" 250GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) CT250BX100SSD1 

RAM:

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Memory Kit Model CMK16GX4M2A2400C14R

OPTICAL DRIVE:

Samsung SH-224FB/BEBE 24X Internal DVD Writer with SATA - Black

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Just seen new post.

I don't think you need an i7. Save yourself some money and put it towards a nice monitor or peripherals.

Edit: Just seen new post.

I don't think you need an i7. Save yourself some money and put it towards a nice monitor or peripherals.
From what I have found out over the past month..i7 processors are better at multitasking and high end gaming which is exactly as i'm going for. 

@hatchingdraggon you've made a bad mistake - your mobo is socket 1150, your CPU is 1151 they are NOT compatible.

your RAM is also DDR3 - Skylake CPUs should use DDR4, DDR3 especially gamer/enthusiast memory at higher voltages will damage the Integrated Memory Controller on your skylake CPU.

@hatchingdraggon you've made a bad mistake - your mobo is socket 1150, your CPU is 1151 they are NOT compatible.

your RAM is also DDR3 - Skylake CPUs should use DDR4, DDR3 especially gamer/enthusiast memory at higher voltages will damage the Integrated Memory Controller on your skylake CPU.
Hi, thanks for letting me know 0.0

I made some changes to the motherboard and RAM, i'm hoping that now it should be fully compatible.

Hi, thanks for letting me know 0.0

I made some changes to the motherboard and RAM, i'm hoping that now it should be fully compatible.
Just hoped I grabbed you before you ordered it. For a skylake CPU you need a 1151 board and a minimum of the Z100 series chipset.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130867

there's an example for you in case you're not sure where to look :)  If you want to run any parts past us before you buy them feel free!

Just hoped I grabbed you before you ordered it. For a skylake CPU you need a 1151 board and a minimum of the Z100 series chipset.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130867

there's an example for you in case you're not sure where to look :)  If you want to run any parts past us before you buy them feel free!
This is the one I was planning on buying: http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130872

But yeah, I should be getting all my parts off newegg with the exception of the case. Just one last question, do you notice any problems with any of the other components in the build? Thanks again :D

This is the one I was planning on buying: http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130872

But yeah, I should be getting all my parts off newegg with the exception of the case. Just one last question, do you notice any problems with any of the other components in the build? Thanks again :D
All looks good besides:

HARD DRIVE:

SAMSUNG Spinpoint M9T ST2000LM003 2TB 5400 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" Internal Notebook Hard Drive Bare Drive

You should make this  7200rpm Drive, you have chosen a 2.5" notebook drive, while your case will take a 2.5" drive, if you're using this as main storage 5400RPM will make you want to gouge your brains out. Should be any/much more expensive.

I dont see the point in the USB3 slot loading drive either, just buy a cheap as chips sata DVD drive - i think mine was all of £12. You'll barely ever use it, i put mine in 2 years after i built the PC!

The rest of it all looks great - Corsair just released CableKits for their RM series PSUs so you can (at a little extra expense) buy pre-sleeved cabled for them if you're doing a colour scheme :)

Just short of a month later and I have finally ordered all my parts from Amazon! :)
(I got a nice import tax surprise of 20% when I tried to buy from newegg)

Anyway, I can't stress enough how useful all the help has been from this forum and i'll defiantly post pictures of my new setup + specs on the computer showcase when it arrives!

Back