What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

New Build

Reece

Unlinked
So as you know christmas is coming :Clock: , and I am looking to build a new computer to replace the one I already have. Now I have done some looking around and I have found some part, now as I am no expert and I am wondering if you think the parts listed below would be worth it, open to any suggestions. I am looking to run these parts at default setting and not to overclock them, the reason for this is because I would like my parts to last as long as possible and to be as silent as possible.

Parts :
Case : Obsidian 450D
Processor : Intel Core i5-4690K
Graphics Card : Asus GeForce GTX 970 DirectCU II OC Strix
SSD : Kingston : 480GB SSDNow V300
Motherboard : Asus Z97-A
Harddrive : Western Digital Black (this is recycled from my computer I have now)
RAM : Corsair Pro Series 1600Mhz (also recycled)

CPU Cooler : Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT
PSU :
RM Series RM 550 (Is this enough Watts?)

Am I missing anything, or is there a problem with any of these parts working properly together?

Last edited by a moderator:
Power supply? Otherwise I think it looks fine. Planning to just use the stock CPU cooler? 

Awesome rig, i'm glad you didn't go for the overkill i7 lol.

and yes you're psu is enough watt's.

i'm running the same rig but with a r9 290 that's a powersucker ;) 530w bequiet psu.

How much did you pay for the graffic card? :D
I have not brought any of the parts yet, I am just making sure they will word once I do, and I believe the card is £269 on Amazon.

Awesome rig, i'm glad you didn't go for the overkill i7 lol.

and yes you're psu is enough watt's.

i'm running the same rig but with a r9 290 that's a powersucker ;) 530w bequiet psu.
Thanks for the reassurance, I was looking for a good power supply that runs well and is silent, and judging by the reviews it seems fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not brought any of the parts yet, I am just making sure they will word once I do, and I believe the card is £269 on Amazon.

Thanks for the reassurance, I was looking for a good power supply that runs well and is silent, and judging by the reviews it seems fine.
Everything looks fine, that PSU should be enough. Corsair also sell individually sleeved cable kits for the RM series PSUs if you cba doing it yourself and want everything looking pretty.

Good choice on cpu cooler - the h80iGT is solid, same surface area as a 120x240mm radiator, but in a 120x120 package, it can be quite noisy when running flat-out but if you use a headset you'll not care. I would say look at your case and consider the airflow as you'll want cool air going over the rad - consider say a front intake fan, have the h80 on the rear as an intake (cooler air from outside the case) and then have 2x fans in the top mounted slots as exhaust. That way you have cool air in the back, in the front, and all the heat expelled out the top. 

Everything looks fine, that PSU should be enough. Corsair also sell individually sleeved cable kits for the RM series PSUs if you cba doing it yourself and want everything looking pretty.

Good choice on cpu cooler - the h80iGT is solid, same surface area as a 120x240mm radiator, but in a 120x120 package, it can be quite noisy when running flat-out but if you use a headset you'll not care. I would say look at your case and consider the airflow as you'll want cool air going over the rad - consider say a front intake fan, have the h80 on the rear as an intake (cooler air from outside the case) and then have 2x fans in the top mounted slots as exhaust. That way you have cool air in the back, in the front, and all the heat expelled out the top. 
Thanks for the tip :D

Back