What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Notepad creates a physical note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a small suggestion that came from the idea I put in Phone 2.0 and it had me thinking about the idea of using /e notepad or the action of notepad and having it display on the screen a small notepad window in which you can type information and save it creating a note in your inventory which can be read and open at any point. The thought came about when I was on G6 and I walk in to the PD and you have like 3 or 4 officers just yelling numbers and sentences and cell numbers at you and you roleplay it out with the notepad animation but then you're either sat there with a tabbed game and notepad open or you're one of those boffins with a physical notepad and a pen on your desk. Another good use for these I feel that could be interesting is business cards, people can create notes with business details on both of the legal and illegal variant and hand these out, these could be used as advertisements to hand out to people about future events like flyers, they could be used for gangs and other groups for voting by writing a name on a note and handing it over to a set person to tally up or leaving a sorry letter on the corpse of the person you just ran over while doing 200mph past Pillbox. I think it would be interesting for these to be a physical object that could stolen as well, especially if people were to use them to store safe codes or door codes on them or information that if in the wrong hands could be dangerous. I feel it would just keep people a little bit more immersed in the world instead of tabbing out and using external applications and information instead. 

Other interesting uses for the notes could be CVs for people applying for jobs could head down to a business and hand out CVs with their information on. Physical contracts that could be written on them to be used for an agreement such as a loan or a peace document and being physical these don't have to be kept on you at all times they can be stored in your home and a final idea, being british complaining is something we all love to do so instead of storming PD with machine guns and shooting up the place... storm the PD with angry letters and hand them out to every cop you see.

Just throwing extra random ideas out there to obtain said papers but perhaps a way of creating paper could be to collect wood and take this to the lumber mill to be processed in to paper? which then is crafted in to sticky notes in stacks of 10 which then can be sold in all shops similar to that zipties and blindfolds or you can just make your own for personal use.

Pros: Speaks for itself, just a little bit more immersion in the world instead of tabbing out or using externals, potential for shop owners to do a little bit extra for their business and could add to peoples RP.

Cons: Albert Winsford will have about 600 love letters on valentines day. Honestly can't think of any.

Shouldn't really change the balance of the server in a negative light.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all I'm talking physical paper not an app. Get past the first sentence and its completely different.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's fine i slightly edited my first sentence of my suggestion as it does look like im talking about the note app for the phone.

Interesting idea as to where you could then give someone the note. Like an invoice for a service.

Implemented - You can now write on pieces of paper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back