What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

PC Setup: Pimpmaster Griffin

Pimpmauser

The Original Pimp
 Case: Corsair 230T(Battleship Grey)

Motherboard: MSI 760GM-P23(FX) (Being Replaced soon)

Memory: 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, 2GB Crucial Value 1600MHz (Getting Another 4GB of Vengeance)

CPU: AMD FX-6300@3.7GHz (May upgrade to a 8350 or a 9370)

Storage: 80GB Intel SSD SATA II, 1TB WD Blue SATA III HDD (Going to get a newer Kingston SSD)

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 460 FTW 1024MB (GTX 970 coming soon :D )

ASUS STRIX GTX 960 2048MB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H55

Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 Performance Edition, 1x Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition

Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Raptor K50 Keyboard, HP Optical Comfort Mouse.

Other: 1x Cheap 4 Channel Fan controller

Cost: Around £700-800 so far ( It'll be around £1500-1600 once i'm finished)

TBpsY9m.jpg

ZVOk3gs.jpg

ogXg2Sp.jpg

aAOBzIH.jpg

SbfSW51.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can upload your pictures to fx imgur and then just press the image button when you're writing your post and paste the URL in to it ^^ :)

As an 8350 owner, I wouldn't recommend it for gaming.

I love it for what I do with it - lots of virtualization - but 8 cores is mostly lost on gaming. If my home PC was setup purely for gaming, I wouldn't get an 8350. It's not *bad* for gaming by any means, but if you're going to replace the motherboard as well I'd go for an i5 setup.

8350 + 32GB RAM = lots of virtualization, but not much software takes full advantage of the 8 physical cores.

As an 8350 owner, I wouldn't recommend it for gaming.

I love it for what I do with it - lots of virtualization - but 8 cores is mostly lost on gaming. If my home PC was setup purely for gaming, I wouldn't get an 8350. It's not *bad* for gaming by any means, but if you're going to replace the motherboard as well I'd go for an i5 setup.

8350 + 32GB RAM = lots of virtualization, but not much software takes full advantage of the 8 physical cores.
after what you have said i will go for an i5 or an i7 with 32GB of ram which will run a lot better as well as being able to use hyperthreading.

upgrade that gpu lol
ikr i am replacing it for a GTX 970 soon but i'm surprised my current gpu can actually run arma 3 at medium settings at 30 fps

after what you have said i will go for an i5 or an i7 with 32GB of ram which will run a lot better as well as being able to use hyperthreading.

ikr i am replacing it for a GTX 970 soon but i'm surprised my current gpu can actually run arma 3 at medium settings at 30 fps
32GBs?! Why on earth would you buy so much RAM?I doubt that you're doing heavy virtualization and video rendering that could use this RAM,8GBs is perfect spot for gaming only.

P.S. I own this CPU Black Edition i easily clock it @4,3 Ghz with air cooler on my Ga 880Gm-d2h(4.0),it never breaks 50 C,with that H55 you should clock it more than meere 200MHz OC.

16gb ram is better 8 is not enough to turn off vram.

Who the hell needs a page file for a gaming machine

Nope not a troll post.

I guess I do more at the same time as you.

e.g. streaming, recording, browsing, gaming, music. Yeah if you close all other apps and just play arma3 you'll be fine, but then you may as well buy a console if you want a computer that can only do 1 thing properly at a time.

I have set people with 8GB of ram to no Vram and their apps crash with out of memory errors, so this is from experience.

Well my x64 Win 8.1,Arma 3 ,2 1080p videos loading, bunch of background apps and couple of pages open in chrome never used more than 6Gb of my Ram.

P.S. i honestly haven't understood the last sentence of your last post ;(

It menas that i have tried it on computer with just 8GB of ram and it didn't work.

Well lionel i guess 16GB for you,but if you search through mighty internets you'll see that most people say 8GB is perfect slot for just gaming.

Back