What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Pending Departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaF

To be honest im not really sure what I should be writing here, I dont know if im writing this more as a vent than a goodbye but here goes.

I've been on this island for a damn long time now, from my arival with my friends known as "MUGS", to being part of the islands law enforcement. Undoubtably most of my time here has been spent with the UNMC. These guys are pretty much like family to me.

The UNMC has been through a lot in the past months, and is still undergoig changes now. But for me nothing will ever be as good as how it was origionaly. Dont get me wrong this isnt a dig at anyone who is involved in it now, because you guys are my friends. All im saying is at the start, it felt different. Something I havent really had since.

As I said at the start, im not really sure what the hell im doing right now. My head is in a bit of a strange place. My decision hasnt been made, but I felt like I needed to get it off my chest. The community has changed dramaticaly in my opinion, and feels a lot more agressive than it used to. All i ever hear either in TS or ingame is people bitching at or about other people. And im no exception, jesus i've complained as much as the next guy. The whole thing just feels a lot different than it used to.

Now I realise that im writing a bit of an essay here, and half of the people reading this are probably already asleep. However im going to continue and move on to the touch subject which is the UNMC "update/changes".

*Again, this isnt directed towards anyone. Please dont think it is*

Personally I have been open to whatever changes have been suggested. I dont mind a fresh start or a new "chapter" if you will. The one thing that has pissed me off is the fact that this false hope has been around for so long. I understand that people are busy, and I dont want to sound like a whiney prick here. But for the past 3/4 months I feel like I have been fed lies. And every single time I believe them, only for it to never happen.

And I know that the changes are supposedly closer than ever, however its to the point where I dont even know if I belive it.

And I know what I have nist said sounds like an attack on server staff, its not. Its really not. I know first hand the amount of time and effort that is needed to keep it running.

I guess im just a bit angry in general. And as I have said several times, I havent decided yet. The thought of leaving for good has crossed my mind several time, and here seemed like the place to express that.

One thing I want to mention is the fact that if i do stay, im staying with the UNMC until the end. And if that goes, im gone too.

And guys in the UNMC, if you read this dont take this as my resignation because its not. Nothing is decided. I could wake up tommorow in a completely different mind set and remove this post who knows.

On another note I'm probably going to be starting a new job soon which will limit my play time a bit, I guess all of the shit going on is stressing me out a little aha.

Onto people I want to thank, just incase this is the end for me.

Oshi7/Serenity2517: Without these guys I doubt i would of even been here at this point. They made the game so fun for me when I started out and for that I am grateful. Its a shame they left the island as early as they did, some of those times were the best :) .

Sovereign: I dont know what the chances of you seing this are now thay you have left. However you conducted my initial UNMC interview, which has given me some of the best gaming moments of my life. Along with friends that I hope to keep in contact with long after ALUK. Not to mention some of the laughs we have had. Especially with your god damn impressions!

Blaze/Khandamir: What can I say, you two put up with me when I was nothing but a hobo begging for weapons, and look where I ended up. Seriously, you guys are awesome, and no matter what I want you to know that I consider you both friends outside of ALUK. Genuinely some of the nicest guys I have ever met.

Bob: I dont know what to say. Just, Bob. Your on my list, yea xD.

UNMC in general: This goes to the old school guys, and the guys who have only just joined. Thank you for making my experience here as good as it has been. Each and every one of you has had a part in that.

Foz: The only person to ever play just cause 2 MP with me. Your a great guy, again one of the nicest people I have ever met.

White: You will never beat me at fifa. Again, one of the nicest guys i've met!

If I have missed anyone out of this list im sorry. Its 2am and i have typed this whole damn essay on my phone. Sorry for any typos in advance. Also if I go, i know a lot of people will be glad to see the back of me. Just know that I have no hard feelings towards any of you and wish you all the best of luck!

As i've said. Nothing is final. This is here just in case, and I felt like it was time for me to voice my opinion (if anyone gives a shit!).

I hope to see you all ingame soon, lets so how things go :)

-zaF

I dont know if that was sarcasm or not. I genuinly didnt mean it to be an insult towards anyone. Its the best community ive ever been a part of.

Its just how I feel mate and its been frustrating me. Please dont take it as an attack on you or anyone else.

@Wilco

I feel kinda bad with how I worded that now, and I cant edit it on my phone. Just know whilst I dont agree with evrything you do. I can see why you do it and respect that.

I mean lets face it. This is the best altis life community by far. No hard feelings man.

@Wilco

No its fine, i typed it with a smile on my face.

Problem with the UNMC is there is a element of "bad eggs" in it at the moment, Tonight someone was using our web panels to edit players police wanted levels..... that for me is one of the worst things you can do if given a panel by trust.

I dont want to say much as it might sound like i am slagging sovereign off and maybe i can take some blame for letting him freeroam with the UNMC at the start but looking at it in the state it was found it was built for combat and not RP.

A whitelisted rebel group on this server should be about roleplay and not setup for combat, there was also a element of mass growth.

The updates we will be rolling out very soon for the UNMC will be the last try... many servers have tried to have white-listed rebels and failed and maybe i was an idiot for thinking it could work here, I am not finished just yet.

But in terms of people saying they will leave if they dont get updates by a certain time etc.... It puts me off even trying, There are rebel gangs on this server still waiting for a base only wishing they could have there own uniform and own unique vehicles like the strider.

It shows the "type" of some people recruited, Anyway hope that kind of gives a insight to where i am at with the whole situation.

Anyway thanks for playing here and i hope you had some great experiences and met some good people along the way :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant quote you on my phone so sorry for @ replying ti you all the time.

Ive never been someone to say im leaving if it doesnt come, and im still not. Its just frustrating to see something I have been a part of for so long go to crap like it is.

In my humble opinion, communication is whats been missing regarding these updates from the start. If everyone was upfront I dont think it would of gotten this bad.

Also, another issue is that no matter what we do. Every time there is a cops vs unmc fight. It will end with tears. And im not saying thats only from the cops becuase its not. Half the time we are as bad as each other. But im fed up of the constant uncertanty of it all.

Lets face it, we are more expendable than the cops and we all know it. In my eyes its a matter of time until the fight happens and there is that much moaning that you pull the plug.

@Wilco

Nah i think i am past pulling the plug because of a Police vs UNMC tiff.... 

Still committed to pushing it forward, Unfortunately the UNMC wont have Ciaran on board for this update due to more urgent matters so its all me so things have been slowly being pulled together amist doing daily tasks/ rule update which is due out this morning along with the first map update which removed the PRNA checkpoint and base...and plonks the UNMC on there chosen location but without a base for a day or so.

Things are taking place its all a matter of time, Have i got time to feed things back... nope it goes on the forum near release unfortunately its a cruise liner of a community and i think we do the best job we can steering it with still so much to do and achieve. 

And about the bad eggs. I 100% agree. The mass recruitment fucked us over IMO. Things at the start were much better. @Wilco

And about the bad eggs. I 100% agree. The mass recruitment fucked us over IMO. Things at the start were much better. @Wilco
Well when someone grows the balls to give me names the "your not for the UNMC" discussions can begin... yes people will leave but things will get stronger, good RP will result and another part of the server has a tick in the box.

I understand, and im greatful that you are working on it as you currently are.

Its a shame there isnt more time, because I strongly feel that a meeting between you and a few UNMC members would benifit everyone greatly. I know im not in the position to be organising things UNMC related, but even just a quick chat between me and you if nothing else would help. And it wouldnt be a rant, I just really want a civil discussion about whats going on.

But again, I appreachiate you replying to this and making some things clear.

@Wilco

A meeting as this point will just slow things down.

75% wanted to stay to see the proposal in action, if people are having doubts now then its best they leave.

In terms of making waves Vacatio and a team he forms will be doing that anyday now, Going forward the UNMC wont recruit but approach people.

@Wilco

Fair enough. I cant think of much more to say right now. But i guess im going to sleep on all of this and see how I feel tommorow.

Seriously though, much thanks for taking the time to reply.

-zaF

Sorry to see you go Zaf. In fact- don't leave us.

Take time off, leave the UNMC. Come back and do something more exciting. You'll be happier for it.

The UNMC we built back last autumn is dead (for better or worse). We tried to make it the example of rebel RP and you were a big part of that. You'll be missed whatever you choose.

If you do leave zaF, it will be sad to see you go.

I remember when I was a medic and... well... you know what happened xD.

Since joining the UNMC I have played a lot and also played with you. It has been a fun experience each time - especially last night with the 408 ;)

@Wilco the part about the wanted level is shocking.. But.. I do not think it was a UNMC officer? I was a high ranked officer myself and thus I had acces to the whitelisting pannel. I still know the password, obviously I don't use it, what would it gain me? But I checked just now and with the acces we got to the panel, we can only whitelist people for the UNMC and nothing else :)

@Zaf: Don't you dare leave!

Zaf if you leave i;m going to harass you with my soviet anthem all the damn time!

As many of you may know, the UNMC dispanded today.

It has been a part of my life now for around 6 months, and the core members I consider family. No disrespect to newer members, your all friends however the "origionals" were what made it for me.

It really is a sad day, and I know I sound like a soppy idiot sat here typing this but I really will miss it.

I have now decided to give being a cop a second go. This is the last stop here for me on the island of altis, if this all goes to shit i shal depart.

I am extremaly greatful to everybody involved in the UNMC for making it what it was, also to the cops who have given me a second chance after leaving the first time.

No hard feelings and game on.

-zaF

#RIP UNMC

Cant @reply everone as i dont know names and cba :)

@Vacatio @blaze1981 @ @

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back