What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Police panic buttons.

JordanDMK

This post is NOT a suggestion to get rid of panic buttons. I'd like to suggest change to it.

Now its no surprise that police have the greatest weapon known as a panic button which essentially drops a gps on them with flashing text alerting all other cops. My only fault in this is how easily it is done.

The animation needs improving or changing, cop press their panic buttons so quickly and can go unnoticed with default character movement sometimes.
Now I could be wrong but I remember panic buttons having a noise when pressed which atleast gave the crims some notice to work with.
Is it not too easy for a cop to press a combination of keys for a panic button, realisticly they should pull up the radio and physically press the button, ontop of that wouldn't that information solely go to control which would then alert other units. The speed in the whole process is phenominal.

I'd love to actually see a command dispatching police to a panic button with clear comms and team work rather than bombarment from every cop that gets the immediate dispatch come through.

I also feel the noise of the panic button is important for the crims. It add pressure on time and allows for the choice of RP route. Stick around after the panic and risk it or do you immmediately leave with the chance of getting away.

I am writing this suggestion after having lost a valuable friend in the community who is tired of police that NVL with guns pointed at them hitting their panics. Now I am well aware there is a thread called "report a player" but unfortunately people lose motivation in it. Writing a report is not worth their time. He would come on to have fun and enjoy the RPUK environment, he didn't want to be endlessly replying to "report a player" posts.

So rather than having to make multiple reports and put up with complaints. Can change be made to make this tool fair for crims.

One thing that needs to be considered is the human reaction time according to the IMHC is around 0.25 seconds for visual stimulus (https://www.ihmc.us/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/2021-03-Reaction-Time-2.pdf)
I appreciate the effort in looking up data like this, however, the test you've provided is based on the subject knowing that something will happen in an environment without ''disturbance'' ei, optimal conditions. I'd have to argue that the research article you've provided is not applicable in this instance, in my opinion, it would be better to compare this with something like driving where you'll be able to find that the average detection+reaction time is closer to 1-2 seconds.

Another variable worth considering with a suggestion like this as well is that it could result in fewer police players choosing to press their panic knowing that it will place them in the downed state hoping that backup will arrive quick enough for them to be saved (This tactic IMO is NVL).

I see you mentioning the state of rp as well, I feel like it's not relevant to this discussion.
Saying that sometimes you receive poor RP and therefore need a tool that is so powerful that it makes it incredibly difficult to even attempt such RP with you sounds like prejudice towards the criminal player base, if such is the case I think it's best to bring that up somewhere else.

Ill be honest with my straight opinion.

I feel like it is pretty balanced atm. If you plan it well you can usually get it even if they do panic. Ive seen multiple even after panic they have been taken before any unit arrives because someone has been staking waiting for perfect moment. All these of people doing x y z like seatbelt need reporting or something for exploiting game mechanics. But otherwise it works pretty well. Its not as overpowered its just unfavourable odds

I appreciate the effort in looking up data like this, however, the test you've provided is based on the subject knowing that something will happen in an environment without ''disturbance'' ei, optimal conditions. I'd have to argue that the research article you've provided is not applicable in this instance, in my opinion, it would be better to compare this with something like driving where you'll be able to find that the average detection+reaction time is closer to 1-2 seconds.

Another variable worth considering with a suggestion like this as well is that it could result in fewer police players choosing to press their panic knowing that it will place them in the downed state hoping that backup will arrive quick enough for them to be saved (This tactic IMO is NVL).

I see you mentioning the state of rp as well, I feel like it's not relevant to this discussion.
Saying that sometimes you receive poor RP and therefore need a tool that is so powerful that it makes it incredibly difficult to even attempt such RP with you sounds like prejudice towards the criminal player base, if such is the case I think it's best to bring that up somewhere else.
I do see your point in relation to the research article provided and I do agree that it is an ideal situation however most officers who have bee around awhile know the signs that something is about to happen and are thus somewhat prepared for it and thus ready for something to occur and are more alert ot the potential threat. Newer officers not so much.

I further agree with your point about wanting to press the panic in the hope of being downed should in my opinion be seen as NLR however that is for wiser heads than mine to decide.

My comments about the roleplay I apologise for you are right however I was simply rebutting or attempting to rebut at least comments made by another member.

Back