What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Remove G8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnathon Reeds

Bug Reporter
Currently, G8.2 States:

(G8.2) Police may not sell their equipment, or willingly give their equipment away. If there is a strong roleplay cause, exchanges can be made.

While this rule did make sense with the old systems in place on the server, there have since been new mechanics added which affect the way in which faction equipment works, and the rule should be updated to reflect this.

Police equipment is no longer materialised out of thin air, police and other factions are restricted by a budget, and so money goes into the creation of these weapons. As well as this, police and other group command have access to logs of items withdrawn from the armoury, allowing them to see if any foul play is going on.

Allowing factions to give away/sell equipment adds another layer of roleplay to the server, allowing for a real level of corruption in the police, and using the systems in place currently, things like this can be dealt with in roleplay by police command and the courts. This would allow for better roleplay scenarios to take place in general on the server, as opposed to banning police members for things that could lead to much greater roleplay situations.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObliquePopularLocustSpicyBoy-W5SQo-1VhzUv2eXS

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends. I think only people in respectable positions should be able to do it. By respectable I mean higher than Constable because you've actually got to put some work in for the ability to be corrupt and risk losing all of that time. Yes the ODP can be long but it takes alot longer to get CID or Firearms. Would be good to see some investigations on officers and opens up the possibility for AC in the police for RP. (Inb4 Line of Duty gifs)

The only issue would be tracking who is higher than Constable and taking part in corruption. Could be a lot of work for admins constantly having to track everyones rank if they are being bent bastards.

I believe that selling things out the armoury should not be allowed cause in reality whenever anyone in the police gets a firearm it would be closly tracked and there is near to no chance they could get away with it. Also this would add to the already rising amount of firearms on the server, as it seems at the minute everyone and there great gran has a combat pistol. However coincidently i was thinking about rule G8.5 that police cant execute people. I think with a VERY strong roleplay cause like they are actually a bent cop it should be allowed but shouldnt be something that always happens. Such as you have to have at least been in police 4 months so you have something to lose if you bollocks it up and get caught. I believe there should be some lee way for corruption but should be rare as is in reality

I believe that selling things out the armoury should not be allowed cause in reality whenever anyone in the police gets a firearm it would be closly tracked and there is near to no chance they could get away with it. Also this would add to the already rising amount of firearms on the server, as it seems at the minute everyone and there great gran has a combat pistol. However coincidently i was thinking about rule G8.5 that police cant execute people. I think with a VERY strong roleplay cause like they are actually a bent cop it should be allowed but shouldnt be something that always happens. Such as you have to have at least been in police 4 months so you have something to lose if you bollocks it up and get caught. I believe there should be some lee way for corruption but should be rare as is in reality
Yeah that's understandable. Thing is right now, people are basically told that they're allowed to be corrupt, yet a good chunk of the things that make you a corrupt cop can get you banned from the server, people will be scared of this, and as a result there won't be that layer of roleplay from police corruption on the server.

Yeah that's understandable. Thing is right now, people are basically told that they're allowed to be corrupt, yet a good chunk of the things that make you a corrupt cop can get you banned from the server, people will be scared of this, and as a result there won't be that layer of roleplay from police corruption on the server.
I dont know if its actually enforced however as i know of people who have sold pistols (For the record im not alluding to chris lee) and they just get fired from police rather than actually banned

I dont know if its actually enforced however as i know of people who have sold pistols (For the record im not alluding to chris lee) and they just get fired from police rather than actually banned
Seemingly it is enforced as per the clip I linked on the suggestion.

Just depends who catches them for it I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big -1

You can still be a corrupt cop without giving away weapons. An increase on the number of firearms is not what we need for the server as a whole. They are already far too abundant in my opinion.

Cops can still be corrupt, they can let people away with stuff, give heads up about info etc if the roleplay is there. This stuff has happened before and no one has been banned for it. Why does it always have to come down to weapons? Like it has been mentioned, all firearms taken out of the police armoury would have to be accounted for at the end of the shift, therefore making lots of weapons disappearing due to corrupt cops highly unrealistic. 

Due to lack of public interest and for the sake of game balance, we will not remove this rule.

Thank you for posting a rules suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back