What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - 830, and unknown - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobes

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Marcel DeTru

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: 830, and unknown

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 02/02/24

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 2330

What best describes this incident ?: Police corruption

Please (in detail) describe the incident: Me and my mate went to do a deal with some Iron bar. We got there and there was a police officer in uniform and another supposed off duty police officer. I payed one of them 250k and they ran off and scammed me, not giving me the product. We gave them the benefit of the doubt because they were police.

(G8.7) Police Officers of the Los Santos Police Service must not roleplay corruption. This may be authorised on a case by case basis as determined by the Staff Leads & Management.

Corruption definition: dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://youtu.be/MJ3v6wm6Mco?si=Rb5Ch-vC8x7akKYN

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: No

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Hi there, I am the unknown 😈. (I think my ID was 199 at the time)

First off, we actually felt so bad for this as yous were both so nice but unfortunately you fell victim to a scam like a few others had.

I am not a police officer (anymore), only dressed like one so fortunately for me and unfortunately for you I do not have to follow the corruption rule anymore.

We are so so sorry but hoped you enjoyed the interaction at least because we really did! It was great fun getting to talk to yous and interact and we hope it hasn't ruined the experience too much whilst being scammed as it isn't too fun a thing to fall victim too.

Also just too add, this was a planned thing. We all met up and discussed a plan, routes it could take, backup plans, the lot. We had people on the roof next to us, people in cars waiting to come in if needed, people in cars at a separate location to swap with and/or have as backup if chased. We weren't just going around with a uniform to scam people it was all setup, phone calls made and everything prepped before the uniform was brought out and we drove to the location to meet you guys.

(I had checked if this was okay to do to use the uniform as it was never taken back from me as well as any police equipment (that I didn't have anyway as I had previously died just before having my police perms removed) so I hope everything is okay on that side. I had previously role-played storing clothing like over a year ago (possibly 2 years ago when the corruption rule wasn't in place) into my house and since have moved within roleplay with all the /me and moving them to the new location)

Last edited by a moderator:
If this has been checked then I want an admin verdict on This thread. You have played the system and taken advantage of the fact that players are inclined to trust officers as per the new rule. Frankly G8.7 may not be the only rule broken here.

You have also completely negated the fact that this could very well lead to life sentence you have taken 0 effort to mask up. How can your character be so oblivious to the consequences.That's shite RP and reckless. And it's doesn't help your case that  it looks like your a frontline who flunked to steal a uniform so he could abuse a new rule. 

You didn't need to be dressed as cops to scam. You now have the ability to use this time and time again which you have admitted. But you have anticipated reports if I am correct? 

The system is there to be played. You could have asked for a warrant card or badge number or even a name, but players are not inclined to trust the police at all. Corruption is against the rules BUT misconduct is not (it's a fine line in places) and there are officers who also take advantage of that. I know I did when in the police and it led to me being fired eventually and going to Prison. There are many many many players on the server that do not trust the police and would not have done that. We made many phone calls to other players and when I was seen or heard of to be there with a police uniform they backed out.

I don't need to make a effort to mask up, but you wouldn't see a frontline officer wearing a mask that would be suspicious. I have taken actions like changing hair styles ect and other things like that. 

Yes if I got caught it could lead to a prison sentence, I knew that and everyone else involved knew that. But we had plans in place to get away and to make sure at least I got away in case of emergency. 

It wasn't shit rp. There was a whole plan behind it all and people ready for if it went sideways. It was still a risk but it was a risk we all agreed to take together and planned for. As for being frontline who flunked just for the uniform, I was in the police here for 3 years going through different units and doing many different things. I did not flunk everything. 

No I didn't have to use it, but clearly as shown it works to gain trust to get money handed/transferred over. It can be used time and time again, but it won't. It has only been used when we have a clear plan in place, (with some very high level RP might I add) and a victim we feel like we can get away with it. There have been a solid 7/8 times we have phoned people, they have arrived and we didn't feel like it would either work or was too risky so have pulled out. That's not abusing the system that's just being smart about it. 

This was the second time we had actual gone through with it and taken money. 

Again we are sorry you were scammed I know how frustrating that can be, but it is a game and it is apart of the game and can be dealt with within the game by going to a lawyer or police. I get your confusion thinking I was a police officer and broke this rule.

I didn't report you 199 for a comp. I reported you because you have an unfair advantage in game when you have that clothing after leaving lspd, from a couple /me thats a jump to some OP stuff, and a massive impact on the rp in question . Before G8.7 I might trust you on the basis of merit or that fact you were a cop, essentially rp. Now players trust you on the basis that there is a rule. You may not have left the force for that, I may agree. But you have maliciously taken advantage of that willing or not since the rule is now in place.

I say the admins wipe your clothing because your asking for an theoretical rp end to this where the cops raid you to /me a closet. Because nothing else will stop because you have a "stash of cops uniforms" of undernimmed size ,as a result of a couple /me actions from years ago when you were allowed to be corrupt, and this is corruption I'm going to agree to disagree on that one.  I don't want you scamming any more players, G8.7 is giving you free wins. The moment G8.7 was introduced you should have dumped the uniforms in your apartment, You were still a cop then.

183 isn't guilty of anything just to make that clear, only involved regarding rp of 199 and the scam. Haven't really brought into question that he said he was a cop. 

Hello! I was a key member of this operation. I was scoping and watching from the roof tops behind. Orchestrating and letting others know the situation who were standing by. I have proof of this in case staff need my perspective, that it was infact a carefully, yet cunningly thought out operation.

I too have seen sign off from staff members that this was ok to pull off, i'm sure Vicky here would be happy to provide this proof also.

The fact of the matter is, we aren't using this uniform as an "unfair advantage in a game", we are utilizing a circumstance of RP to our benefit. Something of which you found yourself on the wrong end of, and clearly after having the non-rule break explained to you, you still can't accept it, because for you... this "game" is clearly about winning or losing.

Once again, I'm happy to show my perspective of the events if I need to.

@Tobessorry this happened to you as it's clearly upset you. But RP matters more than your feelings. 

Hello! I was a key member of this operation. I was scoping and watching from the roof tops behind. Orchestrating and letting others know the situation who were standing by. I have proof of this in case staff need my perspective, that it was infact a carefully, yet cunningly thought out operation.

I too have seen sign off from staff members that this was ok to pull off, i'm sure Vicky here would be happy to provide this proof also.

The fact of the matter is, we aren't using this uniform as an "unfair advantage in a game", we are utilizing a circumstance of RP to our benefit. Something of which you found yourself on the wrong end of, and clearly after having the non-rule break explained to you, you still can't accept it, because for you... this "game" is clearly about winning or losing.

Once again, I'm happy to show my perspective of the events if I need to.

@Tobessorry this happened to you as it's clearly upset you. But RP matters more than your feelings. 
I have only asked for the clothing (contraband) to be wiped since I believe it should have been when G8.7 was introduced. Via an admin verdict.

Also I haven't reported you. You haven't said anything that hasn't already been said. I wasn't mad or emotional, scams are normal and my own crew even said how are you not mad.

The concept of having those uniforms past the release of G8.7 should have been out of ones mind. By holding onto contraband 199 when he was a cop he should be guilty of breaking G8.7 and has benefitted from it. 

I have only asked for the clothing (contraband) to be wiped since I believe it should have been when G8.7 was introduced. Via an admin verdict.

Also I haven't reported you. You haven't said anything that hasn't already been said. I wasn't mad or emotional, scams are normal and my own crew even said how are you not mad.
It's the police's job in roleplay to take away the belongings correctly of dismissed officers, not yours in the forums.

My reply here, was to provide proof if needed for staff around the wider operation. My perspective is important when you're accusing one of my members, that he was reckless which made it poor RP because of the possible life sentence. Having 4 of us, waiting in the wings negates this risk immensely. Negating your accusation of poor RP based on risk, and making my response here valid and valuable so I can provide staff proof of this if they need it.

There are TONNES of RP opportunities you could have gone down after this, including setting up similar ads in order to try and sting us with other officers to find the perpetrator, using a friends number for the marketplace ad. You could have created a really cool story line here, but chose not to.

I won't respond again, its not worth my time unless staff need my proof that there were other people watching/in the area in case things went south.

but they were obtained within roleplay. anyone can get them if they wanted too. I'm not the only person who has/does use it.

(I had checked if this was okay to do to use the uniform as it was never taken back from me as well as any police equipment (that I didn't have anyway as I had previously died just before having my police perms removed)
@Vicky Smithcould you point me towards a ticket or something for this please?

Your report is currently being reviewed, Please be patient while the evidence is reviewed

Please keep checking this report regularly just in case the reviewing staff member has any questions

Thank you for your report and you doing your part to keep our community clean!

giphy.gif

Hello all, sorry for the delay. Busy week at work. Thank you for taking the time to make this report @Tobes, and for replying @Vicky Smithand @Jack Wiltshire.

In short - neither of the players reported by yourself @Tobesare police officers, therefore G8.7 does not apply to them.

You have played the system and taken advantage of the fact that players are inclined to trust officers as per the new rule.
Now players trust you on the basis that there is a rule.
This should not be happening, not by yourself @Tobes, or by any other player. What this is, is using the knowledge of the rules (that are external to the in-game world and story(s) of Los Santos) to influence their roleplay.

This is power gaming.

"Forcing a scenario where no matter the roleplay of the other party you will win. Example: Roleplaying superpowers, roleplaying fatal injuries when they were only minor to avoid roleplaying with the emergency services, sealing buildings with cars to prevent entrance of other players, using knowledge of the rules within roleplay.."

You're banking on the fact that you can confidently make deals/trades with police officers, because they cannot be corrupt - otherwise they'd be breaking the rules! Don't do this.

I say the admins wipe your clothing because your asking for an theoretical rp
If a police officer has their uniform stored within their apartment, and they are fired/let loose from the LSPS - it is a roleplay issue for the LSPS to remove the clothing from the dismissed police officer. It is not a staff issue.

Report Declined.

Thank you for your report, Unfortunately, it has been declined

The staff member will advise shortly why on this occasion they have declined to take action against the reported player.

Please do not let this put you off making further reports in the future, We rely on our player base to help keep our community clean.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back