What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - Kay Smith - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

M

Gold Standard Roleplayer
Los Santos Police Senior
Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Bill White

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: Kay Smith

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 02/14/24

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 1940

What best describes this incident ?: Random Death Match and Baiting

Please (in detail) describe the incident: I was on a pro-active, plain clothes police patrol when I observed a vehicle driving dangerously through the city. The vehicle stopped at Vespucci beach where we engaged with it, spoke with the driver and they provided little talk back, it was explained that the reason for the stop was for their manner of driving. They drive off at speed and lead a pursuit to the area near Ballas turf. The driver decamps after crashing and when challenged by officers to stay where she is, she flips around and begins firing causing a small gunfight between them and the police. This can be seen in the footage from myself and Adam BUSY.

I believe this to be a strong case of random death match and baiting for the following reasons.

Random Death Match (RDM) - Attacking another player without engaging in any form of quality roleplay is considered RDM. (eg. Giving enough time for them to comply with your order. “Put your hands up or I will shoot” and countdowns are not considered quality roleplay, please at least attempt to create an interesting roleplay story before considering violence.)

Kay Smith committed Random Deathmatch by failing to provide any hostile roleplay before resorting to lethal violence and failing to attempt to create an interesting roleplay story. Kay Smiths only verbal interaction was that at Vespucci beach which was non-threatening. They spoke for a short time and did not try to create an interesting interaction between the police. When the pursuit came to a stop and Kay Smith began running, she said no words to the chasing officers. Although the police had said "stay where you are, force may be used on you" and "stay where you are, officer with taser" whilst pointing tasers at her, it was not justified for Kay Smith to turn around, draw a firearm and firing in quick succession. This escalated the situation and Kay Smith had immediately ended the opportunity for verbal interaction by shooting the police

Baiting - Taking deliberate actions to create a scenario where you get chased or engaged with, especially to cause a firefight. Examples: Robbing a service station with the intent of a gunfight, deliberately committing crimes in front of the police, swearing at a group of gang members.

Kay Smith baited the police for the purposes of a firefight. When initially spoken to at Vespucci beach she intentionally cut short a verbal exchange which would have led to a small fine or verbal warning. She did not seek to create a verbal interaction between herself and the police officers attending or seek further depth to the reason for her stop. By driving off, causing a pursuit and heading towards a well-known gang area she intentionally escalated the situation where she would be able to create a firefight in which she knew she will have the advantage. The result of this course of action did indeed cause a gunfight between her, the police, and the Ballas (whether in crossfire or by direct association)

I have not attempted to resolve this with the individual as I believe this to be an obvious and gross breach of the server rules.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://youtu.be/7kGo24uUlLI
https://medal.tv/clips/1VgnZ3QODB-d3_/vp6pORRU3?invite=cr-MSxxd2wsNzIyNDgzMiw

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: No

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Tagging @kenzaso they are aware of the report and able to respond if they wish.

Last edited by a moderator:
@kenzaIs it not the job of staff to decide if you should reply. It is yours, I'm not going to run around asking if you'd like to reply "pretty please". I will take your response as you not wishing to have any input on the appeal.

You were pulled over initially for your manner of driving as you were told on the beach you exchange very few words with them. You immediately drive off, initiating a chase that lasts for around 2 minutes before pulling into Benny's due to your vehicle being disabled, running off on foot and starting a gunfight.

Where was the RP? We cannot expect every police interaction to end in a gunfight from a traffic stop like you were in. We expect some level of RP, the police are not solely here to be an excuse to initiate a gunfight.

As shown here in a report around 2 weeks ago where police responded to a hostile situation:

repeating over and over again ' I suggest you leave' 'I suggest you put your tasers away' and then initiating a countdown, just won't wash here
There was considerably less RP shown in this report than on the one from 2 weeks ago and as such for consistency, this must be accepted.

I'd have liked for you to have given any justification for your actions, but you've chosen not to. Going on what is presented, the lack of RP and the lack of reason for you to need to escalate the situation into a gunfight with Ballas, you leave me with little choice.

Character : Kay Smith
Rule(s) Broken : G1.2
Action : Ban - 1 Day

Thank you for doing your part in keeping the community clean.

Your report has been approved and action has been taken against the reported player.

If you are out of pocket due to this case please now open a compensation request here, Do make sure to mention this report.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back