What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Shiny (Rejected, Withdrawn by original poster)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Name of player your reporting (ingame name): Shiny(Metagaming), Johannes (RDM)

Description of what happened: I was driving towards the iron mine when Shiny messaged me without knowing my name at all to stop. Being nice as i am i stopped and the moment i stepped out one of the people in the car randomly shot me for no reason saying nothing whatsoever.

Have you tried to resolve with the player before posting?: Yes. i have tried to talk about Shiny but he said that he didnt do anything wrong. I have tried to message Johannes but he did not reply to me whatsoever.

Value of item/money lost: Rebel clothes (50k) MXM 60k, Zamak Transport (Was sold to Scrap dealer)

Please post video evidence/screenshots here
(This is almost a must! without this you have no solid evidence)

Start at 4:00 Mark

PS: I was not a cop when this happened. (This was before i turned into a cop but since then nobody replied).

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew your name from a 3rd person personnel, who told me your name, and that you had that weapon. The fact that he shot you, well you had a gun pointed at hes face. what would you do if a guy has a gun pointing at you? i would of taken the chance to eliminate the threat, so that's what happened here.

PS - We left your truck, we never sold it.

I knew your name from a 3rd person personnel, who told me your name, and that you had that weapon. The fact that he shot you, well you had a gun pointed at hes face. what would you do if a guy has a gun pointing at you? i would of taken the chance to eliminate the threat, so that's what happened here.

PS - We left your truck, we never sold it.
You knew my name from 3rd Person?. That is classified as Metagaming.[And even if i misunderstood you if somebody else was telling you my name sounds not believable at all since nobody knew me that was on] You are not supposed to Know my name even by my tag. I had a gun pointing at him because i was facing you guys maybe?. and i just got out of my truck?. Either way. I never shot a single round at all and you had no reason to Message me in the first place because of the reason i mentioned above. It was in the green zone. So no... I don't find your explanation right at all.

You were NOT in the green zone when i messaged you, and yes. we had a 3rd guy that knew your name. ive had police come up to me and say "Oh look, there's shiny" and pull me out of my truck, i even used a different car to not be reconsidered and i also lost gear. we felt threatened and we felt what needed to be done and shot, when a guy is looking at you with a gun, you don't have much time to think. we did the right thing because you would of shot. no doubt about it.

"I have tried to message Johannes but he did not reply to me whatsoever."

Yes, I didn't respond knowing in retrospect the message was from you. I was AFK when Shiny was driving and I heard a sound that I received a message (I was on the other side of my desk so couldn't see the screen). I followed this up with a request in side chat for whoever sent the message to resend it please, to which I got no response.

Being nice as i am i stopped and the moment i stepped out one of the people in the car randomly shot me for no reason saying nothing whatsoever.

I was talking in direct chat to you telling you to pull over, we were right next to you so it must be your settings unable to hear since the others in the vehicle could hear me fine. Recording didn't pick it up so fair enough but I did say it for the record [asking you to pull over]. The moment I said it was when we were driving right alongside you so not sure why it didn't get picked up.

You also had a weapon, I had no way of telling if you were going to shoot because why would you stop and get out the car to look at me, when you have a truckload of materials just because we asked you to stop? The moment I took the shot was because you had the rifle looking at me and went to take cover behind your truck. Now that could be down to the fact you seen me with a gun and then realised what was happening, but from my perspective it looked like you were diving for cover and about to fire at me so in that 1v1 situation (as the others had no line of sight) I wasn't going to wait and find out.

I was driving towards the iron mine when Shiny messaged me without knowing my name at all to stop. Being nice as i am i stopped and the moment i stepped out one of the people in the car randomly shot me for no reason saying nothing whatsoever.

How could he have messaged you without knowing your name exactly? You need to know their name to be able to message the right person. The person who took the shot was me by the way not Shiny, he was on the other side of the car and I don't think had a direct line of sight. As above, I took the shot because you had a high powered rifle like us and were looking right at me whilst diving for cover. What I don't buy is the reasoning of pulling over just because somebody asked.

My Proposal

I refund you 50% of the lost value. There are mutual errors, misunderstandings and fuck ups on both sides here. It is not normal in arma for 1 guy to pull over for 3 guys simply because they asked and expect it to be happy and dandy, especially when you  have a truck of iron or whatever you had there. We didn't scrap your truck or take anything. We actually left because we heard cop sirens and went to the gun trader after it so didn't have time to properly search your gear or take your truck anywhere (funny how the recording stopped at this point before you heard us driving away when you have recorded the previous 5 minutes).

You were NOT in the green zone when i messaged you, and yes. we had a 3rd guy that knew your name. ive had police come up to me and say "Oh look, there's shiny" and pull me out of my truck, i even used a different car to not be reconsidered and i also lost gear. we felt threatened and we felt what needed to be done and shot, when a guy is looking at you with a gun, you don't have much time to think. we did the right thing because you would of shot. no doubt about it.

I was in the green zone when you messaged me and i when i got killed. i will provide you with a map picture of where i was when i got killed since i drove back to be sure i was. i was fair away from the red zone.

http://i60.tinypic.com/301fzat.png

Yes, I didn't respond knowing in retrospect the message was from you. I was AFK when Shiny was driving and I heard a sound that I received a message (I was on the other side of my desk so couldn't see the screen). I followed this up with a request in side chat for whoever sent the message to resend it please, to which I got no response.

Okay you didnt respond at all. your friend was still metagaming which was the reason of this whole shoot-out. Like i've mentioned. the reason why i was pointing at you guys is because i just got out of my truck.

I was talking in direct chat to you telling you to pull over, we were right next to you so it must be your settings unable to hear since the others in the vehicle could hear me fine. Recording didn't pick it up so fair enough but I did say it for the record [asking you to pull over]. The moment I said it was when we were driving right alongside you so not sure why it didn't get picked up.

Even if it wouldn't of picked it up. or not of been heard on the video it would of still shown your name since it does that while you speak.

You also had a weapon, I had no way of telling if you were going to shoot because why would you stop and get out the car to look at me, when you have a truckload of materials just because we asked you to stop? The moment I took the shot was because you had the rifle looking at me and went to take cover behind your truck. Now that could be down to the fact you seen me with a gun and then realised what was happening, but from my perspective it looked like you were diving for cover and about to fire at me so in that 1v1 situation (as the others had no line of sight) I wasn't going to wait and find out.

LOL. i did not have any iron because its the way to the iron mine. So no. My truck was not full whatsoever. i got out of the truck because i throught the guy that messaged me (Shiny) needed help and to explain to him what he did was Metagaming. And i did hide behind the truck the moment you started shooting at me.  Either way In my opinion it is Shooting on Sight. There was no RP.

How could he have messaged you without knowing your name exactly? You need to know their name to be able to message the right person. The person who took the shot was me by the way not Shiny, he was on the other side of the car and I don't think had a direct line of sight. As above, I took the shot because you had a high powered rifle like us and were looking right at me whilst diving for cover. What I don't buy is the reasoning of pulling over just because somebody asked.

You could of knew my name by looking at my tag. Which is still classified as Meta-gaming. Like i've said you didnt say anything that it was a robbery to point that out straight up and shot me straight when i got out of my truck. IF i wanted to shoot you which is against the rules because there was no RP involved i could of when u guys stepped out of the car. Which would make me a rdmer since there was no RP involved.

My Proposal

I refund you 50% of the lost value. There are mutual errors, misunderstandings and fuck ups on both sides here. It is not normal in arma for 1 guy to pull over for 3 guys simply because they asked and expect it to be happy and dandy, especially when you  have a truck of iron or whatever you had there. We didn't scrap your truck or take anything. We actually left because we heard cop sirens and went to the gun trader after it so didn't have time to properly search your gear or take your truck anywhere (funny how the recording stopped at this point before you heard us driving away when you have recorded the previous 5 minutes).

I clicked alt + F10 to save the recording since i was dead. My Life was over so there was no reason for me to keep recording. And no i disagree with 50% Because i feel like i didnt do anything wrong and i did not deserve what i got because of everything i've mentioned above.

Now lets wait what the admins have to say because we've both Mentioned our points of view!

My point of View

Watch the video, you ran for that vehicle before my gun discharged. I have done lots of robberies today and nobody else has moaned about RDM or whatever. I seen a threat, I took it down. The whole where you were etc is another issue, where it took place was outside a green zone. Naming issues I don't know I wasn't there at the time but in so far as my role goes, I tried pulling you over and then a gun was pointed at me, so I fire before I was shot at just like the police do here.

Also, direct chat doesn't show your name when you speak unlike other types of chat. Shooting on sight is permitted if there is a real threat to life against you like somebody diving behind a truck (watch the video, it is pretty damn clear you moved left before the sound of my gun went off) with a rifle in a 1v1 shooting lane.

And that picture... that isn't a green zone because it isn't green. Duh?

Watch the video, you ran for that vehicle before my gun discharged. I have done lots of robberies today and nobody else has moaned about RDM or whatever. I seen a threat, I took it down. The whole where you were etc is another issue, where it took place was outside a green zone. Naming issues I don't know I wasn't there at the time but in so far as my role goes, I tried pulling you over and then a gun was pointed at me, so I fire before I was shot at just like the police do here.

Also, direct chat doesn't show your name when you speak unlike other types of chat. Shooting on sight is permitted if there is a real threat to life against you like somebody diving behind a truck (watch the video, it is pretty damn clear you moved left before the sound of my gun went off) with a rifle in a 1v1 shooting lane.

And that picture... that isn't a green zone because it isn't green. Duh?
First of All. There is a red zone and a green zone. All the Left side of the map is greenzone and even if its outside the green zone  there is no Shooting on Sight allowed. Duh... Because it wasn't the red zone. we both know that. Like i've said if i wanted to kill you i could of the moment i stepped out. But i didnt because like i've said before I throught the guy needed help or something. Either way. It might of been a bad decision to do that but i try to be friendly expecially in the Green zone. If i would of shot you i would of RDM'ed aswell (Before you pulled the trigger and started blasting ofcourse). If you wanna do a robbery. You have to atleast say something which you didnt. you got out of the car. i got out of my truck and was looking towards you guys. i saw you running right so i decided to go left incase the other guy from the left(your friend) would try to kill me. Thats when you opened Fire. There was no reason for you to shoot me on sight. Thats my opinion. this will be my final comment untill the admins reply and tell me what they think. And the ''Picture'' is in the green zone okay. Like i've explained before. And if you would of used some common sense you would of known that Somebody would not take it on somebody that is being outnumbered (me). Either way you didnt say anything and you blame it on the game... which i really dont believe whatsoever.

My last comment on this, I'll let wilco & co decide.

But to correct, see the rule list:

http://www.altislife.co.uk/topic/2548-server-rules/

There are "inside green zone" and "outside green zone" rules, then another set below that covers the rebel area. So yes, we were outside the green area and again I refer to your map, there is no green there and constituites outside the green area. Also in the "outside green area" there is bans for RDM, so that doesn't refer to the rebel area clearly. So yes, there is areas in police controlled regions which are outside of the green area or to be correct - everything which isn't green on the map.

Kevin is correct. Even if he is out of the green zone you can still not kill him the way you did. You have to RP with him before any shots can be fired, and saying you felt threatened does not fly here. You guys asked him to stop and he did (which I have no earthly clue why). You had him out numbered and had the drop on him since you were both out of your car before him. If you were talking in direct chat there is no indication that it was actually happening. Even if you tell him to drop his gun you have to give him time to do that since we can not holster our weapons. RDM is RDM. Not saying you should be banned for it I am just trying to shed some light on it.

Silly little boys that think they can do what ever they wan't is just ruining the community! Kevin your right they metagame and RDM you. Jesus i dont understand how people to struggle to roleplay realy..?

I am not 100% but are you in the Rebel Area, as no RP is needed in there and you can and will be shot on sight

I am not 100% but are you in the Rebel Area, as no RP is needed in there and you can and will be shot on sight
No i was not in the rebel area(red zone) which gave them no right to shoot me on sight.. Picture of where i was when i got killed here

301fzat.jpg

There is a notice about there being a delay up somewhere this week but it'll get reviewed, let's not bump. Anyway, I've already said all facts of the case thus far and we've both made our case. We've had some encounters since this with no ill-will (thankyou) in gameplay so far from this event.

My offer of course still stands of a 50% refund. If you're still sure on wanting to keep pressing forward on the report to admins if you maintain it was intentional then fair enough and if they rule that was RDM I'd happily return 100% of it from my own funds. The above event was the first day for most of my group and one of my first too on this server so we were still getting into the full swing of the theme.

Not hoping for a long-term grudge here anyway. I've mugged a lot of people [inc police] and also done a lot of my own things like iron/oil/drug runs, that's how my group make our money and this is the only report I've had against myself. I feel that is a good record given how many kills, holdups and shoot-outs I've been in. I record nearly all my gameplay these days so I am serious about RP as you can see from several of my own reports against VDMers and RDMers and some have been banned. I've quite a lot of YouTube videos that are unlisted which I share with friends as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back