What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Shooting from cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly, you would ideally be apply to shoot in first person, in my opinion. 

Cars would still be option, but would encourage fights on foot. 
Yeah but firearms and generally police would be even more OP with their sigs etc

Last edited by a moderator:
I would've +1'd this if guns were as they were 6 months ago but as it stands, gunfights take way too long now so forcing people to get out of their cars just seems like every gunfight will result in arrests or shooting at police, the latter of which no one wants to have to do.

-1 this is a bad idea police get involved enough as it is if people had to get out of cars to continue conflict with another gang police would have a feild day 

Yeah but firearms and generally police would be even more OP with their sigs etc
Not really no the police very rarely has the resources to interfere with a 10+ vs 10+ Gang War and in most cases they only snatch and grab in that regards nothing would change since the gangs in most cases will out number the police in total numbers on scene.  

it’s the police job to interfere with gang wars and they not just gonna ignore when there is a mass shoot out if you want to „war“ someone in Peace without police getting involved maybe a serious rp server doesn’t quite offer the experience you are looking for.  

Not really no the police very rarely has the resources to interfere with a 10+ vs 10+ Gang War and in most cases they only snatch and grab in that regards nothing would change since the gangs in most cases will out number the police in total numbers on scene.  

it’s the police job to interfere with gang wars and they not just gonna ignore when there is a mass shoot out if you want to „war“ someone in Peace without police getting involved maybe a serious rp server doesn’t quite offer the experience you are looking for.  
Not only gang wars though could also be fights against the police if youre trying to interfere with a prison transport or trying to save someone who is under arrest and so on

-1 this is a bad idea police get involved enough as it is if people had to get out of cars to continue conflict with another gang police would have a feild day 
It's literally the police's job to get involved, this is RPUK not RPMexico, if you are staying long enough for police to coordinate a response and push thats on you.

I think there is never a 'perfect balance' over the time in this server we have done these things where its been forced 1st person on bikes with Uzis *cough jake floyd cough* and in cars too. 

Im all for 1st person in cars and yes that does mean that a new meta will be found off the back of this like bikes potentially however on a bike you are completely exposed i think i would rather be on foot than on a bike in a fight tbh. But 1st person in cars would be a good start. 

I personally hate this bullshit thing thats the norm now of ramming, disabling and really miss the old days of a huge standoff with people on foot. Was so much more fun. All the cars are bullshit. 

Any old callaghans remember a standoff on the docks know what i mean. But you dont get that now, just 15 jesters full of wet wipes who wont stand on their feet 😉

I would've +1'd this if guns were as they were 6 months ago but as it stands, gunfights take way too long now so forcing people to get out of their cars just seems like every gunfight will result in arrests or shooting at police, the latter of which no one wants to have to do.
How can you comment that you wouldn't want this change because you would have to interact with the police more? Laughable. ROLEPLAY.CO.UK????

You’re forgetting cops will come out with their sigs and tasers, you’re reducing someone to FP shooting at feds whilst they dead on aim with their Fully automatic laser rifle that they get pretty much for free. 

It's literally the police's job to get involved, this is RPUK not RPMexico, if you are staying long enough for police to coordinate a response and push thats on you.
Police job also to run down 2 suspects because they’re nearby with a panic button that swarm the whole police force on you. Make sense. 

If feds get some kind of disadvantage to gun fights I’m all for it .

Cops spend no time grinding for gear whereas if we get caught with firearms we get a whole case against us, you can say yh don’t get caught but you try out chase 10+ fed cars 

Would you like to send me the device you are using to see into the future? Last time i checked we can't be certain of what will happen to us, i've seen the fetuears in question implented on the most popular gta servers and they seem to be working perfectly fine and without the troubles you mentioned. And now you mention it gun decay does sound pretty good you should make a suggestion.
No problem at all, will send it across pal. Roleplay.co.uk isn't like other servers at all, the 'rocket league' meta would likely continue with or without this change. Police often complain about the 'rocket league' fights between other groups on the server, however ram vehicles themselves in order to win a pursuit. If this suggestion is implemented how is it going to magically fix the police rocket league meta? Laughable...

And no, I won't be making a suggestion on gun decay because I'm not looking to make the server more police sided than it already is so they can win more situations, and having yet another advantage given to cops (where they can also take firearms out of the armoury at any given time, likely without the effects of decay). You might be interested in that though

Not exactly, you would ideally be apply to shoot in first person, in my opinion. 

Cars would still be an option, but would encourage fights on foot.
In my opinion, The 'rocket league' meta would not be eliminated as a result of changing the way you can shoot in vehicles. People will still ram you in order to disable your vehicle, and then shoot you out of the vehicle, first person or not. And, if shooting from inside a vehicle was removed, they would instead get out and shoot you after your vehicle has been disabled. Not much difference to the current state of the meta.

I do agree that it would encourage fights on foot in some situations, such as turf pushes, but not entirely.

How can you comment that you wouldn't want this change because you would have to interact with the police more? Laughable. ROLEPLAY.CO.UK????
That isn't what he's saying at all. Because criminals don't want to be arrested by police, or engage in a shootout with the police, and are actually fearing them (as they should) you see that as us not wanting to interact with them? Interesting

Hmm i am kinda split on this one personally, because i see where the thread is coming from and i agree there is to much rocket leaguing right now but i don't agree with removing the ability of shooting of vehicles completely at all and at the same time i kinda agree with first person in vehicles but what difference will it make ? People will still go around running each other over or ramming each other until a car is disabled and just kill them in first person so i honestly don't see the difference anyway.  Regardless of the outcome of this suggestion, i don't think it will change much either way unless you remove the shooting from vehicles entirely but again that is going to the extreme and something that if you ask me shouldn't be done.

I think this is mostly a mentality change and not something you can force people into by adding countermeasures because i reckon even if it changes to first person I think the same is still going to happen and eventually another repeat of this thread will come up.

+1 it would be a good change for the server, everyone on foot pushing a turf, Id love to see it

I'm kind of mixed as I feel foot pushes are fun but feel it's just another buff to police (in my opinion) I kind of like the meta as it is right now, as much as people want to cling on to realistic type things I feel that's where the fun slowly drains away, like we are playing gta at the end of the day. Another thing is people see the no pixel type mechanics such as first person shooting and want it here but in no pixel the ak's etc are like 20k max I believe where as here it can cost up to a million for a type of assault rifle and feel this isn't taken into account. I wouldn't mind pushing on foot for gunfights but having it all the time? Why wouldn't I just play COD?

so probably a  -1

I'm kind of mixed as I feel foot pushes are fun but feel it's just another buff to police (in my opinion) I kind of like the meta as it is right now, as much as people want to cling on to realistic type things I feel that's where the fun slowly drains away, like we are playing gta at the end of the day. Another thing is people see the no pixel type mechanics such as first person shooting and want it here but in no pixel the ak's etc are like 20k max I believe where as here it can cost up to a million for a type of assault rifle and feel this isn't taken into account. I wouldn't mind pushing on foot for gunfights but having it all the time? Why wouldn't I just play COD?

so probably a  -1
Couldn’t have said it better, literally said everything that has to be said 

+1 - Allow shooting, just in 1st view.  It allows some modicum of fighting, and will mean instead of 1 person in a car with a weapon, you'll have two or more so that one drives and the other shoot.  Fewer rocket league like interactions.

Alternatively: No shooting if you're the driver, only passengers can shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back