What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Smeltery - Archie's Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Staff Team
Staff Team
Smeltery Eye Use

I wanted to bring this suggestion up as a frequent smelter in this server it's sometimes annoying using the eye on the smelter let me list some reasons why below​

1. Random Punching

When using the eye on the smelter you sometimes miss-click it and then punch whoever is around you, this can be fatal with a weapon out I have seen it happen before while smelting with a gang, it can also cause unwanted drama in the smeltery, some people's characters take it personally and it just makes unwanted drama in the smeltery.

2. Eye doesn't work when crowded

Let me elaborate on this, when the smeltery is crowded you have to either walk to a spot to use your eye or you have to find a funny angle to get the smelt option to then open the menu to smelt ores, which also leads to the No.1 with random punching when you don't get an option or if the option appears for a split second and then disappears it can cause punching.

My opinion​

As much as the eye has made things possible in RPUK I feel like in some places in the server it isn't needed for example Mines/Smeltery/Drug Selling/Oil Collection - fair enough for the oranges/apples.

I genuinely feel like it is a pain to collect resources with the eye especially oil containers because you sometimes run over them while trying to hover over them with the eye, I honestly believe that some things shouldn't require the eye, some should but some shouldn't.

I don't know whether to make this a whole thread of things about the eye but I don't want to make one if it's not needed, I genuinely want to hear everyone's opinions on the eye in smeltery, if you have anything to add let me know because I want to hear everyone's opinion on this.

Feel free to disagree or agree, give your inputs below and let me know what you feel on this subject.

Pros:
Less Random Punching
Easier Access

Cons:
Dev Work

Does this change the balance of the server?

Not in any ways I can think of!

Agreed. Some things would be better suited with a simple hot key. I think the eyes good for finding things like benches, shop counters etc but other stuff would be much easier if hotkeyed only and not at risk of chinning someone when your just tryin to do something else.

Agreed. Some things would be better suited with a simple hot key. I think the eyes good for finding things like benches, shop counters etc but other stuff would be much easier if hotkeyed only and not at risk of chinning someone when your just tryin to do something else.
Exactly! As much as I love the eye and I don't mind using it there are things where I feel like it isn't needed just a simple hotkey!

It is alot harder within the smeltery especially if you go as a large group to be able to use the Eye. Can have alot of problems like mark has listed but another thing where it also tends to not work at all or even show up when in the smeltery with lots of people.
+1

+1 Some things the server like collecting resources with a lot of people around or activities where others are around could be changed to using a different way like pressing a button or the wheel. I’ve punched people many times while doing things like this.

I remember when you use to use button E for things I think it was before the eye was implemented, like some things I think would be better if it was just pressing a button, something simpler than using the eye.  

An example which I experience would be in the PD too after restarts when everyone goes to the armoury you have to wait around to get things because you can’t hit the right spot. Or in the clothing store I’d experience this too sometimes. 

Selling drugs also using the eye, you get the eye up and then sometimes you get to the part where it says sell drugs - the local ends up driving/walking on not giving you enough time to click on sell drugs.  This has happened to me quite a bit too which is a pain

The eye is a GREAT feature but somethings, I do agree it would be better without it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 Some things the server like collecting resources with a lot of people around or activities where others are around could be changed to using a different way like pressing a button or the wheel. I’ve punched people many times while doing things like this.

I remember when you use to use button E for things I think it was before the eye was implemented, like some things I think would be better if it was just pressing a button, something simpler than using the eye.  

An example which I experience would be in the PD too after restarts when everyone goes to the armoury you have to wait around to get things because you can’t hit the right spot. Or in the clothing store I’d experience this too sometimes. 

Selling drugs also using the eye, you get the eye up and then sometimes you get to the part where it says sell drugs - the local ends up driving/walking on not giving you enough time to click on sell drugs.  This has happened to me quite a bit too which is a pain

The eye is a GREAT feature but somethings, I do agree it would be better without it. 
Agreed as much as when it got introduced there was a lot of bugs it's proven to be good for some uses.

I can only imagine the cramped restart at PD everyone trying to get stuff out, I think if mines and smeltery were reverted back to their old state people would be much happier, maybe make the smeltery one by the smelter not above it again.

I feel the same about the mines - in this post I cover the mines and how the pickaxe update made the mines a bit easier than using the eye but it should in my opinion be tweaked so it doesn't block line of sight - 

I want to say "Bring drills back" but I don't know what the dev team plans and also it takes a lot of time, I don't think they could simply just add it back as much as it seems simple from the outside, coding takes a long time with a lot of error.

Rejected

Appreciate the Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back