What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

SPG Uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pity when a post making a uniform gets downvoted solely for the purpose of "oh cops have a lot of skins. We don't get it so fuck them", then turning to slagging SPG and it's purpose as a whole.. I don't enjoy making drama, nor is this the intention - but could we please judge a skin by looking at the skin, rather than how many skins police have? focus on it's actual purpose, and why, how SPG is the only unit without a skin for their clothing, how the missionfile would only expand by a few MB, etc..? it's really disheartening to see the reaction to the post, because the actual skin looks quite good - but the focus seems to be in the wrong place 😞
The reason it is down voted is because SPG doesn’t have a proper purpose from any outside view. Give it a purpose, show them doing this purpose - show SPG protecting people doing diamond runs and general shit like that - more purpose and uniqueness rather than a glorified patrol and it would have a complete different response. 

I mean SPG have a purpose there just not great at it..... 

I remember going on one patrol, they spent 45 mins discussing what to do on the patrol in NPAS, then everyone was dead within 5 minutes 😂

@Simon Ross No matter what you lot feel SPG is - it's still ultimately the only unit who uses the regular patrol uniform.. This shouldn't be an issue about the unit, but rather than convenience of implementing this skin.

- Cops have a lot of skins, yes - but so does poseion, only that poseidons clothing skins etc are a part of default arma, saving missionfile space, whilst police aren't, as not a lot of police clothing is in the game, thereby it needed to be made, whilst with poseidon it is fiction and thereby wasn't needed.

- SPG is a unit. Irregardless. Giving them the basic respect of a bloody uniform would add what.. 3mb to the missionfile? God. What will we do? Another second for people to download the missionfile? Disgusting!

At the end of the day we're talking about the suggestion of the uniform.. it feels harsh and petty bringing in the uselessness of the unit in your humble opinion into that - at the end of the day that really shouldn't affect your feelings around the skin..

Edit: This is just my personal opinion though - please don't witchhunt me

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think you guys should take a look at this

View attachment 14393

Not including civilian skins which I am happy to do if needed, the Police overall have a stupid amount of skins already. Most of them are completely unnecessary. I personally am totally against the Police as a faction getting anymore skins as you can clearly see by the image above they have enough already if anything they should have some things removed not added. 

PS: This is all myself & @Stubley could find on the training server, we have counted the skins attached to individual vehicles & clothes. ​

- Cops have a lot of skins, yes - but so does poseion
I mean the numbers in the image above says otherwise, why is it that Police need all these things? - They. Have. Enough. I think the issue is people are sick and tired of Police being a priority all the time. And before you know it another unit will be added and and yet another song and dance will appear on the forums stating why they need another bloody skin because of how realistic it is. I mean its honestly a joke. 

The reason people are down voting this post is again, the Police have enough skins already, and it honestly feels at times that they are always placed first in terms of development. and the fact the (some) cops do not even see nor understand this is frustrating or at least that is how it comes across. The cops are getting spoon fed here, they kick and scream "I want it I want it" and like a spoilt child they'll get there way. I mean no disrespect of course but it had to be said. Just my opinion. 

PS: the skin is nice, but its not needed.

• Facepalm
Reactions: Riz
@ShadowDirector All i hear from this is "poseidon aren't getting new things because we aren't asking for them, thereby fuck cops for wanting every unit to have a skin!" It's at that point just being biased because well it's cops, so fuck them, it isn't our faction, so why value the suggestion? We don't toss our toys out the pram - simply trying to figure out why your arguement matters in the sense where you guys never request skins.. because you don't need them.. yet when we do.. because it'd be cool and improve things for cops.. you slag us for it?

Edit: Some of the skins you've listed aswell are duplicated.. The hatchback & the sports hatchback uses the same skin.. so does the NPAS MH9 and the NPAS M900..

@ShadowDirector All i hear from this is "poseidon aren't getting new things because we aren't asking for them, thereby fuck cops for wanting every unit to have a skin!" It's at that point just being biased because well it's cops, so fuck them, it isn't our faction, so why value the suggestion? We don't toss our toys out the pram - simply trying to figure out why your arguement matters in the sense where you guys never request skins.. because you don't need them.. yet when we do.. because it'd be cool and improve things for cops.. you slag us for it?
My argument was never about "Poseidon" and I have not mentioned the faction in anyway in terms of what "we want" because I am not at a position in Poseidon to know what they have requested in terms of development. I am speaking more as a rebel as for a long time this is how it how it has been. And your reply proves my point in saying that cops (some) fail to understand why people are not happy with them getting more skins (overall things) added to their whitelisting. As I have previously stated the skin itself is nice and all but I feel like you guys have enough... This is why I personally have down voted this post, not that I do not like the skin but I feel that it's not currently needed because of the reasons stated many times above. 

Thought this was a suggestion post not a general argument. The idea of this post is to get the general opinion about what we think about the uniform. 

In terms of the post my opinion is an SPG uniform should be added to identify the unit more easily.

My argument was never about "Poseidon" and I have not mentioned the faction in anyway in terms of what "we want" because I am not at a position in Poseidon to know what they have requested in terms of development. I am speaking more as a rebel as for a long time this is how it how it has been. And your reply proves my point in saying that cops (some) fail to understand why people are not happy with them getting more skins (overall things) added to their whitelisting. As I have previously stated the skin itself is nice and all but I feel like you guys have enough... This is why I personally have down voted this post, not that I do not like the skin but I feel that it's not currently needed because of the reasons stated many times above. 
I completely agree with you that the Police are sometimes prioritised in terms of development and that rebels need more development focus. However, it is not specifically SPG or the Police's fault that more or less development time is being focused on a specific part of the server. It is down to the development team and therefore I don't understand why whenever people complain about the police getting more stuff, why the police is attacked and complained about as being the people at fault. The police board process and take into consideration all suggestions, where many of them are scrutinised to the point where we spend over an hour just to discuss one suggestion. My point being is that the police board carefully think about the suggestions at hand and only request the ones that make sense and provide a better experience for players on the server. The police simply request what makes sense, then the development team add it as they feel fit. So, I don't see why the police are treated as the enemy, just because they are asking for new things. The suggestions form is open to all and the development team has recently been working hard to implement all the new suggestions. What I am trying to get at, is don't criticise the police for simply asking for things when it is open to everyone and not purely restricted to the police.

- 7 in votes, Thanks for taking the time to make and submit but this one hasn't received enough interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back