What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Stop police instantly impounding cars.

Niamh

Its a pretty simple rule

Police can't instantly “bob” impound players cars or local cars in roleplay situations, imo its basically powergaming but it happens fairly often in my experience.

It shuts down rp. Civs should be given the opportunity to try to get their car back.
Makes things more balanced.

It should only be used when due to server issues that aren't related to rp.

So how is the police going to RP out a Civilian Impound completely filled to the brim with locals because people dump them there to pick up their cars? In certain circumstances I agree it should be done differently (player owned cars at pillbox for example) but there shouldn't be a general change imo.

My understanding having played quite a lot of cop here (and I thought everyones) is that you only bob things that in theory cannot be lifted by a tow truck (other big trucks, helicopters/planes etc) or things that are immersion/game breaking (cars that are glitching out/locals that are just completely oblivious to cones that will eventually just glitch over them and panic run everyone over and such) and that the remainder of anything and everything else should be done via the player mechanics. Saying that, I do see people griping in OOC about it more than it probably should happen.

When I did my police induction a fair while ago and still now I see that its pretty enforced and practiced and when impounding someones car for crimes etc I would 100% not use bob and if it is used class that as power gaming or even combat storing especially when a lot of the time these cars are going for points/scrap.

Bob should deffo not be removed as it is a very useful tool for those playing as cop trying to set up scenes or impound massive vehicles but if its happening to you on a regular basis its definitely something you should be taking people to liaison/reporting for if you feel the need and its probably something that needs a keener eye from staff to enforce and educate.

So how is the police going to RP out a Civilian Impound completely filled to the brim with locals because people dump them there to pick up their cars? In certain circumstances I agree it should be done differently (player owned cars at pillbox for example) but there shouldn't be a general change imo.
Your suggesting that players will fill 2 impounds with cars to stop their car being impounded? 

If that is the case surely mechanic can deliver the car to one of the police stations.

This is derived from the police handbook btw, under the section 'Common Sense'.

30f9d4d16f1d92b21d4d6dcc77f22009.png

Good to see its already in place, just seems like alot of police have forgotten about it. Might be an idea to refresh it to police. 

@DonnyI definitely don't want it removed. I agree its super useful. 

Good to see its already in place, just seems like alot of police have forgotten about it. Might be an idea to refresh it to police.
Do you have names for the cops?

Your suggesting that players will fill 2 impounds with cars to stop their car being impounded? 

If that is the case surely mechanic can deliver the car to one of the police stations.
No, every storm people fill impound with locals because they nick them to get to impound to then take their own vehicle out, leaving the local there.

I may have misunderstood your suggestion though because I thought you were talking about police writing up impound jobs in general. 

Do you have names for the cops?
I don't more of a thing I've seen happen and heard from multiple people ooc.

It's also hard to report as your most likely not in the area when it happens since your probably escaping police or been arrested. 

No, every storm people fill impound with locals because they nick them to get to impound to then take their own vehicle out, leaving the local there.

I may have misunderstood your suggestion though because I thought you were talking about police writing up impound jobs in general. 
I was referring to police having the ability to despawn cars. 

I don't more of a thing I've seen happen and heard from multiple people ooc.

It's also hard to report as your most likely not in the area when it happens since your probably escaping police or been arrested. 
Sure. In future, give some examples of this happening please! 😄

Sure. In future, give some examples of this happening please! 😄
Don't know the names but within the last 2 months it happened to me. Got tased and cuffed 4 times outside of big bank, broke out each time, got away, then they insta despawned my bike so I couldn't get it due to being salty I got away or w/e. I mentioned it in OOC saying it was basically powergaming but didn't get a response.

Also heard of it happening to others a fair amount aswell.

Police should not have the ability to instantly make a car disappear, it is super unrealistic and just a bit shit. If a car is “blocked” by other cars, then move them out the way, or put them up for regular impound.

Don't know the names but within the last 2 months it happened to me. Got tased and cuffed 4 times outside of big bank, broke out each time, got away, then they insta despawned my bike so I couldn't get it due to being salty I got away or w/e. I mentioned it in OOC saying it was basically powergaming but didn't get a response.

Also heard of it happening to others a fair amount aswell.
Videos please, having some sort of evidence to back up the shit that you’re dealing with from cops helps

Police should not have the ability to instantly make a car disappear, it is super unrealistic and just a bit shit. If a car is “blocked” by other cars, then move them out the way, or put them up for regular impound.
There's alot of unrealistic stuff in the server what we just have to accept, IMO this is just one them and it can be really handy in the situations but shouldn't be abused as Donny said above. 

imo its basically powergaming
that or exploiting, if you see a cop do it mid RP and it ruins a situation, take them liaision/report it.

I did get one of the SIs to make a announcement about not misusing bob, which has also made it's place into the police handbook, so win win.

f9FYhE3.png

that or exploiting, if you see a cop do it mid RP and it ruins a situation, take them liaision/report it.

I did get one of the SIs to make a announcement about not misusing bob, which has also made it's place into the police handbook, so win win.

Thank you!! 🙂

Back