What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Take Hostage Script + Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

Not American
Brief Summary:

Add a script that allows for better hostage taking. This works mostly as a human shield.

Detailed Suggestion:

I reckon the addition of this script can make hostage scenarios far more dynamic from both a roleplay and functional perspective. This stops hostages just running out the bank doors when they should, moving out of buildings with a hostage to car, etc.

369e22181bc6ce1d41d62a3f750bd3df09d7f693.jpeg

https://i.gyazo.com/d68926db86eaa72045153d44dfec9f84.mp4

[Example of script https://forum.cfx.re/t/release-take-hostage/840235]

The finer details would have to be thought of and weighed up, is this a forced animation or is the same as the carry system currently in place? Do you need a gun or can you do it with a bladed article? stuff like that would have to be thought out.

The Pros:

- Opens up more avenues for roleplay and hostage situations

- Allows for the above situations to be more fluid and realistic

The Cons:

- Potential for abuse, would have to be heavily tested before implementation

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Unsure if this would really change much, its more of a script to aid and assist in roleplay. Potentially makes crimes and hostage scenarios easier for criminals to pull off, but at the same time there's an option for police to develop a critical shot authorization in regards to the scenarios.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 , very useful thing not gonna lie. 

One thing I will add here is that it can easily be abused and exploited here and there, you can sometimes pull people out of cars automatically when you use it and I have seen it happening on some servers, like out of nowhere you will get teleported into someone arms from your driver seat, I have seen some other instances around but can't remember really well but I think most of them can be fixed or have been fixed as I haven't tried other servers much.

My question is, what does the hostage have to defend themselves. 

Maybe they could put up a struggle after a certain amount of time?

Already in the works for a future update on animations and stances etc along with reworks of the carry, drag and other animation states.

Thank you for the suggestion, moving to accepted. No timeframe on it, but actively in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back