What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Text Editors / IDE's - What do you use?

KevinP

Certified Roleplayer
This is mainly to you developers out there...

I currently use a few different IDE's and text editors, such as Sublime Text, Atom, Brackets and Cloud9. I am currently looking to lock down and stick to the one, as I don't even see the reason for me to have so may different editors.

This is why I like each editor individually:
Sublime Text - It works, I've never had issues with it, it's simple, and still looks good.
Atom - It looks good, it works, it's open source, and it's free
Cloud9 - Cloud9 is a web-based editor, and for something on a web-browser it's great. It's basically the google drive of development, which allows me to collaborate with team members on projects.
Brackets - Live preview of what you're developing within chrome. (Web-Development)

I plan to continue to use Cloud9 for group projects, but anything I just want to work on by myself I want an editor I can use on my local machine, rather than pushing it to some Cloud9 VM or a server I mount to it.

Reason for me making this is that I want to figure out what other developers are using as their daily driver, so let me know what you use and/or recommend in the reply section :)

P.S. If you suggest Notepad / Notepad++ I will cry.

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
Well what language are you talking about?

Basically I use different IDE's for different languages.

C# I usually use Visual Studio

Java I usually use eclipse (I'm practicing from time to time)

Php I use NetBeans

C and C++ I use Code::Block even thought I might move into eclipse with C and C++

If anyone knows any better IDE's then do please tell me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sublime is great to be fair, It's got a great syntax collection and with such, reduces the need for a lot of editors.

Notepad++ is simple for those that don't do too much... I've never tried Atom...

pQ02jiB.png

C++/C# I use Visual Studio for GUI applications but for console applications I use Eclipse

Java I use Eclipse Luna 

HTML I use Adobe Dreamweaver combined with Adobe Designer(the one that makes your HTML pages more responsive)

PHP I don't do PHP, wanted to try it but never really understood what to do  :Confused:

SQM/SQF/Plain Text I use Notepad++ so start crying ;)

Sublime is great to be fair, It's got a great syntax collection and with such, reduces the need for a lot of editors.

Notepad++ is simple for those that don't do too much... I've never tried Atom...

pQ02jiB.png
Sublime has really been my first choice so far, but to compare with a lot of Atom's features, you need to install many plugins and what not. Atom is free too, so that's also a bonus. Sublime 3 has also been released lately though, do you use 2 or 3?

Notepad is good TBF. It has a sleek and beautiful design with an amazing UI combined with the UX... ohh it is just perfection. Like sex with a giraffe and like ice-cream on toast. It's just amazing and what's more?? ITS FREE. Wow. Omg. Lmao. Rofl.

P.S. This promotion is not endorsed in anyway shape or form by notepad.

Back