What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - JessyC - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessyC

Server: GTA RP
Character Name: Jessy Cummings
Steam ID: 76561198201320163
Ban ID: rpuk15564
Ban Reason: C2.3
Why do you think you were banned: Hi, I was banned for breaking the rule C2.3 (combat logging) While in a role play scenario with another play, I was experiencing internet issues/PC issues which resulted fps drops, visual bugs and so on which I ignored and continued to play regardless. This misjudgement lead to too many problems. I chose to restart my PC at probably the worst time possible Judging the clip that was sent in by the guy who's character is named Eddy Evans. This is the clip for reference
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
. After restating my PC I was still running into problems such as blue screening. After changing some hardware around I finally got it working and stable. At this time it was 2 hours after the initial disconnection from the server. I understand how it looks, I understand why the report was sent in and why the ban was put in place.
Why should we unban you: My last ban appeal was denied for good reason, my apologies for the time wasted there. I have taken the time before putting in another ban appeal to really understand and review my options in this situation. I completely understand that a 2 hour absence is enough to justify a combat log accusation, So my understanding of the rules now have never been more clear. In my Last ban appeal I say that I wish I could of made contact with the person who reported me. I have recently spoke to owner of the character Eddy Evans (the other character in the situation) and we discussed the RP scenario through discord. I explained what had happened on my end and most importantly I apologized for his inconvenience and time wasted. He was accepting of my apologies, and understands. For the appeal I can share screenshots of our discussion. I did ask his permission to do this from him and he is okay with me sharing. I truly miss being apart of the RPUK community and regret my actions deeply. I hope my actions here prove my dedication towards RPUK.
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Your appeals keep getting denied as we simply aren't getting the truth and you keep avoiding what you did.

Now you say since the ban you have talked to the player, Why not do this prior before we issued you with a permanent ban? Why not reach out to a Staff member via a ticket, Or simply post in the Help channel? See my issue with this is there is a lot of things you could of done and decided not to. I'd like to know why.

Hi Stuart,

I understand why it was denied last time, but I'm unsure what you mean by avoiding what I did? I was open and honest about the situation and my circumstances with the technical difficulties, I'm truly sorry not being able to avoid it, and ignoring it for so long.
Prior to by ban, after re-joining the server which I believe was around 2 hours after the disconnection, I didn't have the other guys contact information, or anything related, I only had his first name so I was abit lost and eventually the situation was forgotten about untill the next time I logged in and was greeted with the ban. After the ban, I didnt want to come across too pushy or anything like that by DM-ing staff or the other player, I reget not doing so as I believed we could of resloved the situation sooner. Since then I have been talking to a staff member for advice on how to proceed, and in contact with the other player about the situation and im happy to say we settled it.

You logged on the server after disconnecting, something which you willingly chose to do.

After logging back on, you then starting doing taxi jobs! You had 2 days to reach out to someone about this situation that is obviously wrong, but chose not to. What other inference is there, then, to draw from your actions other than you thought you'd got away with it and wanted to keep the money?

You may have had computer issues, but choosing to log off during a scenario such as that? Unacceptable. You had 2 days to redeem yourself, but didn't, kept the money and continued working to make even more.

I struggle to understand the logic behind your actions, other than the fact you believed you got away with £100,000.

It got to a point where the game was virtually unplayable with the issues I was having, I saw no other option then to try a PC restart, I did tell the other player in the situation I had to fly out and fly back in, its just so unfortunate it ended the way it did. And yes, after no luck with the search of the other player after the 2 hours, I just jumped straight back on the taxi grind! Again I didn't ''log off'' per say, I was trying to fix a technical, I didnt believe I was going to get away with the money, I thought id be straight back into the RP. Im Honestly surprised to hear it was 2 days untill I got the ban, The situation was soon forgotten about, I understand what it looks like, I had no intention to get away with the money, My character was respected and wouldnt risk such respect for a petty 100k. I would have given the money back to the other player if i saw him again, or contunied the business we was having. Even if I end up getting the unban, I would return what is owed to this man. I cannot be more sorry to him.

Where was the gun that you were going to give the person?

The pistol that was going to be sold was with one of my friends in the city, I used to work for this group by going around asking people if they wanted to buy stuff like different weapons or drugs and so on. and I would get money for selling it, After the group suffered some losses by getting robbed or whatever, a system was created which was me or another guy would revive the money and then would call or radio the guy with the said gun/drugs. It sounds weird but was a super safe way to sell stuff. I cant even remember any of there names, but I loved the RP out of it, super fun and a great way of meeting people around the city.

So you radio'd the other person involved, why did they not come with the pistol?

Most likely because while being away and not coming back, I wasn't responding on radio

Do you know who the other person with the gun is? Do you ever speak to them on Discord or the like?

I knew of them, as I say they were very cautious, they were helping me make some money. But no, no other communication outside of the city.

So next time if this were to happen again, what would you do?

Next time if anything along the lines of this I would come straight the Forum and ask for help from staff rather then just leaving the situation. Its never been more clear to me how NOT to handle certain situations in this city. I will be playing my cards a lot more safely from now on. Also since my absence from RPUK my pc has been upgraded even further, and so far ive experienced no technical issues so im safe on that front :). Further more I have a much better understanding of the forum now which makes me confident in my future here with this fantastic community!

Good afternoon @JessyC

I hope all is well today :)

You mentioned part way in this appeal that after your search to find this person I am wondering how did none of your friends have the buyers contact information?
Which makes me ask;

- How was this deal first set up?

- How did no one around you have the contact information?

- You didn't search for him for very long considering you went in to taxiing after logging back on and then you said you sort of just forgot. What I am finding hard to believe on that is you don't just tend to forget something like that, so knowing there was still a deal to be had how did you forget about it over the 2 days before receiving your ban?

Good afternoon Jessie!

They sale was first set up by me approaching him outside of the hospital, hence why there was no one else involved at the time, and we didn't trade phone numbers, which I believe I stated in my first appeal, we literally just went across the road, you can see how close we are from the clip sent in.

yes, it was a needle in a haystack trying to find him, I should of come straight to the forum that night instead of just leaving it, I regret not doing is massively.

Hello @JessyC

Thank you for your responses. After looking at everything in this appeal and the chat we have had, I am happy to give you another chance on this server. (as we discussed during our chat) This of course comes with a condition. As it seems like you used this rule break to profit, the £100K that was paid will be taken from you. Read the rules over again before joining back so you do not end up back here.

Any bans you receive within the next 6 months will lead you back here.

Unbanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back