What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - YacobBarbar - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

YacobBarbar

Unban Appeal for YacobBarbar 

In-game Name: Yacob Barbar

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198075460870

Ban ID: !!rpuk15990!!

Reason given for your ban: C1.7

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I believe I was banned for not coming forward with relevant information for a situation involving staff and other individuals.

Why should we unban you ?: Hello,

Firstly I would like to apologize for wasting both mine and staffs time, this could of been easily resolved had I just co-operated with staff. It was a silly decision for myself to make and for that I do apologize.

I did try to help staff, I asked in the discord who did actually carry but I had no response so I basically just forgot about it. I should of been more persistent and tried my absolute best to help staff instead of just asking once and then forgetting about it, had I tried harder this all could of been resolved with much less effort and it would of been easier for myself and the staff team.

I have been here for 3+ years and I would say I have a fairly clean record for the amount of time I've been here. I have never had a permanent ban and I do always try my hardest to provide high quality RP, follow the rules and I would say that I am a good addition to the community.

Thanks for taking the time to read my appeal.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hi Jessie,

At the time I was asking who had picked me up and like I stated above I had no response as people were busy so I genuinely did just forget. By the time the conversation came around again, Bandz had already spoken to staff (I believe) and said that it was him who grabbed me so I didn't see the point in repeating the same thing in my ticket with staff and telling them what they already knew.

Many thanks for reading.

Yacob

Good morning @YacobBarbar

I hope all is well today 🙂  

Can you please elaborate on this, you had been asked for some information, believe we had been told it by somebody else but then did not tell us yourself? This does not make much sense to me 

Hello @Jessie Bennett

I hope yours is well too :)

I can elaborate, but to be honest with you, it is hard to re-call what was said as I cannot see the ticket made on me anymore. However it was along the lines of waiting for a response from the Aztecas discord for someone to come forward regarding the situation. Staff were pushing for me to find out who it was and before I could respond to staff and tell them who it was, the person involved I believe came forward with a ticket owning up to the situation. Knowing this, I responded to staff on my own ticket saying that they should have the relevant information. Long story short, if my game hadn't of bugged out which makes me not be able to see/hear anything (Just like the hospital how people cannot see or hear inside that sometimes) , this whole situation wouldn't of been an issue.

I was then met with staff saying that I will be holding a permanent ban due to me not helping them sooner, however I wasn't sure how I was meant to help when I did what I could. Now being a long standing member in the community and never having any real problems with staff, this was quite a shock to me. It was never my intention to not help staff resolve the issue, it was purely lack of evidence which made it a lot harder to help. 

In future, I will push people more for answers by whatever means necessary to resolve any issues staff ask of me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this :)

Yacob

Good evening @YacobBarbar

I hope all is well today :)

I have had a look back over your ticket and I will quote yourself "why would I make you aware of something you already know?" Why not explain at the time that you were aware that Bandz had come forward with information at the time in a civil manner?

Good evening @Jessie Bennett

Mine is good thank you, I hope yours is well too :)

Again it is hard for me to remember what was wrote in the ticket, However I wrote "why would I make you aware of something you already know?" after I was told I was going to be banned. As you can imagine, it was a bit of a shock to me that I was getting permanently banned for something that was essentially out of my control.
I also don't really have time to be scrolling through discord chats anymore due to personal life. Which is the reason I wrote in my ticket that they have all the information they need, meaning that I thought the issue was resolved and there was no need for the ticket to continue. At the time, I felt that my response was appropriate but looking back, taking my personal life out of the mix, it could of come across as patronizing or however staff felt at the time. I would assist staff in the best way possible if I had the information required. There would be no reason for me to lie.

I hope this answered your question :)

Thanks for reading my reply.

Yacob

Not a problem, I hope it helped :)

I would like to return to the server for multiple reasons.

1. Being that I am able to continue playing my OG character 'Yacob Barbar' who has been in the city a long time and has always had a reputation for violence/OCG commitments. This ties into what roleplay I can offer I know, however in a way, this character means a lot to me on the server and it would mean a great deal if I could continue Rp'ing as a member of the Aztecas.

2. RPUK just has a different feel to it than other servers just don't have. A proper sense of community and belonging on the server which makes it stand out so much that I have loved and enjoyed over the years of playing.

3. I plan on making another character that would be part of the services in the city. I have already done policing in my time on the server but I think that exploring new avenues such as NHS/Fire Department would be an interesting roll to roleplay. The only issue with this, is that I gave irl commitments so I only have limited time to play nowadays. I will try me best but we will see if this can happen :)

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask anymore questions :)

Thanks for taking the time to read my reply.

Yacob

Good evening @YacobBarbar

I hope all is well today :)

The ban is in place due to a few reasons.
Your responses have been detailed and thought out and that has not gone unnoticed. It does come across as you'd like a chance to play on this server again.

Given the nature of the ban I am willing to give you another chance, but there will be some conditions that come with this.

"Yacob Barker" Will be "locked" for 2 months, this would mean you would not be able this character for that period of time. During this time you MUST create a legal character and get yourself involved with the legal side of roleplay (this can be however you see fit; NHS/ Fire, Police, G6, Park rangers, Mechanic, Solicitor, ect). If you're to be seen logging onto your gang character, you'll find yourself back here.

Do you agree with the terms above?

I hope you are well too :)

I understand the ban and do wish to return to the server as soon as possible, however I want to fully understand the conditions set before I agree to them.

Firstly, as this is a 2 month cool down, with the restrictions, I wont be able to log on as 'Yacob Barbar' to pay off things such as my house etc. Is there a possibility to log on and pay this off supervised by a staff member if needs be or will I just lose the house?

Secondly, you mention I should explore the legal side of things on a new/other existing character I presume. Is there restrictions as to what I can do on that character? For example, if I made a new police character, will I only be able to go up to a certain point in training or can I progress as other police officers do?

Sorry to be a pain, I just want to fully understand what it is that I'm restricted to.

Thanks for your response :)

Yacob

I feel like I have to mention something before this goes any further. I am extremely concerned and to be completely honest with you, a little confused. I was asked by staff to find out who picked someone up from the Lost MC doorway as I was one of the individuals picked up. I asked in the Azteca private chats and I wasn't responded to. Because I wasn't the person to list everyone that was involved I was caught in the net and subsequently banned. I didn't do any misconduct in game. Saying that, I decided it wasn't worth arguing as it appeared the staff teams mind had already been made up.

I have been thinking about this ban and it appears to me that this ban was placed solely because I didn't act as an investigator and aggressively search for every person involved. Given that this ban was placed due to this reason, why is it that my character has been given a lock? My roleplay has always been seen as good. I have a good record and my last run in with staff being some time ago. What are we achieving here? Are we improving the server by locking a long standing and overall decent roleplayer from playing his character? This consequence was placed because my attention was elsewhere dealing with personal matters rather than strictly enforcing and hunting down suspected perpetrators. The onus of proof shouldn't have been on my shoulders, it should have been on the individual reporting. I tried to get names and I couldn't, my attention was then turned to other important matters.

By all means I will explore other roleplay avenues but I'd rather do it organically rather than be forced to. My record is fairly clean, I'm not a troublemaker, so why does it feel like I am being treated like one?

I hope this isn't seen as negative however I just wanted to raise my concerns.

Thanks for reading :)

Yacob

Lets put the above on the shelf for a moment as I would like something explained to me in relation to what you said in the ticket. You mentioned "black mailing me into it" mind explaining this?

Why not just tell us before we found out or was it to ensure someone didn't get in trouble for doing what they shouldn't of?

Good evening @Stuart

I hope you're well :)

Yes I did state that it was black mailing as C Date was asking for information at the time I simply didn't have and threatening me with a permanent ban. Therefore I saw it as blackmailing as there was nothing I could do. As stated, I reached out into the Aztecas discord asking who it was. No one responded. Bandz then opened up in a ticket saying that it was him without my knowledge as nowadays I am not so active on the discord.

In the ticket I was constantly updating staff as much as I could. And then once I found out Bandz opened a ticket and told them etc, I went into my ticket and told staff they should have all the relevant information they need.

For some reason, this was seen as me hiding/defending Bandz which simply isnt the case. I do what I can with the time I have nowadays and in that time, as I've said, Bandz opened a ticket.

To be honest, I really don't know what else to say in regards to this ban. I feel I've been harshly permanently banned as it just feels like accusations towards me where in my opinion, have done what I can to help staff.

I hope this answers any questions.

Thanks for your response.

Yacob

I am indeed day off @YacobBarbar and fingers crossed your evening is going well too!

So I did read the ticket back and can see that you wasn't threatened with a permanent ban however was told "Failure to do so will come with consequences" so I can somewhat understand where you are coming from but on the flip side, How it come across was "I don't want to tell you" even if I knew ect.
To be honest, I really don't know what else to say in regards to this ban. I feel I've been harshly permanently banned as it just feels like accusations towards me where in my opinion, have done what I can to help staff.

I can try and help understand why you we're banned in the ticket. So people as you know we're picked up through a door from the report made, However upon trying to ask for the information from people involved it was more a stone wall put up leading us to believe that the people involved was attempting to cover up a rule break. As you know exploiting as a whole is a serious rule and we would like to think players would want to work with us if it means they are out of the sights in some respect when facing punishments, However I do understand why it makes you feel the way you do as from my understanding you we're downed anyway inside?

I am indeed day off @YacobBarbar and fingers crossed your evening is going well too!

So I did read the ticket back and can see that you wasn't threatened with a permanent ban however was told "Failure to do so will come with consequences" so I can somewhat understand where you are coming from but on the flip side, How it come across was "I don't want to tell you" even if I knew ect.

I can try and help understand why you we're banned in the ticket. So people as you know we're picked up through a door from the report made, However upon trying to ask for the information from people involved it was more a stone wall put up leading us to believe that the people involved was attempting to cover up a rule break. As you know exploiting as a whole is a serious rule and we would like to think players would want to work with us if it means they are out of the sights in some respect when facing punishments, However I do understand why it makes you feel the way you do as from my understanding you we're downed anyway inside?
Glad to hear that @Stuart, mine has been good too!

I appreciate your understanding of the situation, but I feel you know my personality enough to know that the last thing I want to do is break server rules and be banned and that I would do what I can to help staff regarding the situation. At no point was I hiding information to cover anyone getting banned. Unfortunately its all word of mouth in this case so I can understand why accusations have been thrown my way.

I understand the server rules better than most people as I have been on the server for over 3 years now. I just feel in my case, I truly did not mean to exploit and break rules. If I had noticed something wrong with being picked up, I would of either declined the carry or just not being picked up. As I have said, I totally understand the other perspective of Staff seeing the situation as wrong but I just feel the context matters in this situation.

Yacob

Glad to hear that @Stuart, mine has been good too!

I appreciate your understanding of the situation, but I feel you know my personality enough to know that the last thing I want to do is break server rules and be banned and that I would do what I can to help staff regarding the situation. At no point was I hiding information to cover anyone getting banned. Unfortunately its all word of mouth in this case so I can understand why accusations have been thrown my way.

I understand the server rules better than most people as I have been on the server for over 3 years now. I just feel in my case, I truly did not mean to exploit and break rules. If I had noticed something wrong with being picked up, I would of either declined the carry or just not being picked up. As I have said, I totally understand the other perspective of Staff seeing the situation as wrong but I just feel the context matters in this situation.

Yacob

Indeed, I know we have butted heads in the past but you are right I do know your personality well enough! I would hope that either way you wouldn't try and keep things from the staff team as a whole as it's never a good idea since we find out anyway and only helps being told things to help the community as a whole.

I am happy you can understand why now you we're banned and not what you was thinking in the first place. Last thing I'd want is misconceptions behind this one in all honesty. I am aware you didn't exploit as you we're downed so how could you.

Now since looking over the ban as a whole I'm happy to unban you and have no restrictions. Now the one thing I will say is if you do get banned again you will be back to a permanent ban as this ban will remain on your record for the full FBS duration. That's 6 months from the date of the ban before it resets, Just so you are aware now going forth.

If you wish to play Yacob you may however one thing I would say is I'm aware you mentioned you do want to join the NHS/Fire? If this is something you we're wanting to do I'd be interested to see how it plays out and how you find it. I'd always say give it a go!

If you have any questions feel free to pop me a message but hope you enjoy the rest of your evening!

Unbanned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back