What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Used Car Lot For The City

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyperG1

I was thinking what if there was a place we could take the cars we want to sell and people can come over to see what there is and buy the cars we no longer want. So this would work where you would have to use a ( car tow ) to place your car on and hook it up to your car, you would then take it to the lot and park it up and put in the details of its IE upgrades  / and price it is selling for. people would then come up and be able to look at the different cars or bikes that people are selling and buy the one they like. so rather than just an auction room you would actually have more RP interactions with the people there. and having to take your car on a back trailer would be good as well. this is a spot that could be used to do this idea.

vjDkIpx.png

TRAILER - https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/cartrailer-addon-fivem

PROS -  More Roleplay interaction may be some haggling of prices/interactions with other players/community people could maybe bring their taco van there bringing more RP. players being able to buy trailers so they can hook their cars on them and take their used cars to the lot and sell them off

CONS -  DEV WORK TO CREATE THIS OR FIND THIS AND IMPLEMENT IT TO THE SERVER AND TEST. creating an interaction option to list our car for sale while it's on the lot and above the car would have a box with prices and what upgrades it has on it 

Does this suggestion change balance on the server? no I don't think so

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this, can see needing people to tow the car leading to more roleplay with people like mechanics. In terms of the actual showroom would be nice if it wasn't possible to buy directly from the showroom and instead need to contact the seller and organise a transfer of ownership. I do think there should be some sort of charge maybe like £2000 per day for having your car in the showroom.

Yeah i agree like ude pay 2000 for your spot and ude park it there and if it sold great if not load it back up and tow it back but so much RP potential would be amazing for the city 

Not a huge fan of having to tow the car - dont see the need really and towing can be really annoying in fivem (having used it on another server). 

However, i dont want that to detract from the essence of a really good idea. I like it. A used car lot is good. you just need someone in a sheepskin coat haggling the hell out of the prices. 

Not a huge fan of having to tow the car - dont see the need really and towing can be really annoying in fivem (having used it on another server). 
I think it would be the flatbed system we currently have with mechanics, very rarely an issue with them.

I think it would be the flatbed system we currently have with mechanics, very rarely an issue with them.
yes  something along those lines this can be used as well which locks the car in place as I've done a test with it and it works the same way https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/cartrailer-addon-fivem

You can have it set the interaction menu system which will lock to raise and lower the back ramps and can also have it where once the car is on you can have it so it locks on the trailer like the mechanic ones do till you get there such a great new feature to have for this and also a new feature for people taking cars to car meet as well like there pride and joy or classics been brought with them to meets and used car lot 

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe there would be a box above the car uve listed and if someone wants to buy it they could either pay the asking price / contact the seller and give a counter offer or even a option to place an offer and the seller would get a text or something that an offer has been made on his vehicle or the seller would be at the used car lot and they can talk there. i do think this would be something new and fun and a new way of buying and selling vehicles 🙂

I was discussing yesterday with a friend a second hand car dealership is needed. Selling cars privately could be a dangerous outing, we need a place where we can sell our old unwanted cars. I fully support this idea!

Before tons of imports came back and ruined the fun of owning imported cars,  I used to enjoy going around talking to dealers and selling my cars to them or using dealers as the middle men for selling your used cars. These days its just queue up on import day or just look over people just posting a screenshot list of cars they have for sale. Buy a car you want, feel empty inside and sell the car for less than retail over Tweedle. Having a used dealership would be great, hell even a car auction would be great... stick a car for sale have it set to 3 5 or 7 day listings with a timer ticking and let folk just bid on cars sort of like ebay.

I was discussing yesterday with a friend a second hand car dealership is needed. Selling cars privately could be a dangerous outing, we need a place where we can sell our old unwanted cars. I fully support this idea!
This is actually a good point. This would make it so that if people have a disagreement or someone tries to scam its not just someone losing a lot of money. Also gives a place for police to patrol for such scammers or so we could do some RP that isn't just arresting.

Implemented - We have Second Hand Car Dealers that can do this now!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back