What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Voice channels on discord

Alesia

Hobo first class
So I've seen that sometimes when people see a rulebreak and want to sort it out, there's the answer "I don't have teamspeak". It takes a while before teamspeak is downloaded and have the right security level. I think it would be a great addition to have some discord channels so people who don't have teamspeak don't instantly get yeeted to the report section or maybe can get general help from people. I'm thinking about following channels:

- Staff Help (waiting)
- Staff Help (closed, staff have to drag you in)
- Community 1
- Community 2
- Liaison

TS is good. I don't really see point for this. 

i like the idea, the main issue i see is random people joining the discord server and join in on liaisons, it's always an option to just call them privately over discord if they don't want to/can't download TS

i like the idea, the main issue i see is random people joining the discord server and join in on liaisons, it's always an option to just call them privately over discord if they don't want to/can't download TS
For Liaison yah, but replacing TS / making public rooms. No since we already have ERP issues and I feel like TS protect us some ways. 

For Liaison yah, but replacing TS / making public rooms. No since we already have ERP issues and I feel like TS protect us some ways. 
for what i understood, it's not to "replace" ts, it's just to make it easier for people that doesn't want to install TS aren't forced to, to liase

Don't really like the idea of staff help voice channels in two places, just more to keep an eye on. We already have tickets in discord for those that need staff help and don't have TS, just feels unnecessarry to have voice channels too.

I never said anything about replacing teamspeak. The idea is to have people not being forced to download teamspeak to liaise with people or speak to staff.

Don't really like the idea of staff help voice channels in two places, just more to keep an eye on. We already have tickets in discord for those that need staff help and don't have TS, just feels unnecessarry to have voice channels too.

In the discord voice channels you can share screen, so let's say someone needs help and has issues explaining it in voice or text, they can physically show their screen without taking screenshots and uploading it constantly or downloading another app to share screen.

People join liaisons now already sometimes, if they do it and they troll, they can get reported and banned. It's something called common sense. Some people, like me, cannot be called without being friends with that person. I'm not going to go through a massive friend request list I ignore just to call a guy because he shot me with poor RP and I want to talk about it.

I think its a great idea, I never had the need for Teamspeak until I started playing here, and most servers and communities use Discord primarily now anyway, so having the option of both is a good thing to have, especially since Discord is now the standard and Teamspeak isnt as used as much anymore.

Back