What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Messing with Arma 3 Configs

Davelantor

Alright, so a bit backstory.
While flying as NPAS we often need to track some bad guys doing some bad stuff.
NPAS responds to situation, if its a chase we track the target. For me that often means if the target is a good hatchy driver or a faster heli or goes into UNMC. I would need to pump my render distance to Max.

Normally, I run with ~30fps while flying, ~20kavala. When i push the dials to max, i sometimes get ~15fps during a long distance chase. effective ... NOT FUN ...

So recently I found this page:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/810939351318105206/

If i implement these suggestings, any guesses if I may trigger something that would get me
A) kicked from server
B) banned from server
C) something that prevents me playing on the server

TLDR :

FPS sucks, wana put -noLogs -nosplash -maxMem=2047   to ext and in configs GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1 + tripleBuffering=1  
Will that messup or good to go or will change nothing because server does its own thing        

Last edited by a moderator:
Takes 10 minutes to test it so why not.. Bearing in mind I saw a suggestion like that 2 years ago when I started playing, Arma had changed a lot since then so the likelihood of it helping isn’t great..

Alright, so a bit backstory.
While flying as NPAS we often need to track some bad guys doing some bad stuff.
NPAS responds to situation, if its a chase we track the target. For me that often means if the target is a good hatchy driver or a faster heli or goes into UNMC. I would need to pump my render distance to Max.

Normally, I run with ~30fps while flying, ~20kavala. When i push the dials to max, i sometimes get ~15fps during a long distance chase. effective ... NOT FUN ...

So recently I found this page:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/810939351318105206/

If i implement these suggestings, any guesses if I may trigger something that would get me
A) kicked from server
B) banned from server
C) something that prevents me playing on the server

TLDR :

FPS sucks, wana put -noLogs -nosplash -maxMem=2047   to ext and in configs GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1 + tripleBuffering=1  
Will that fucked or good to go or will change nothing because server does its own thing        
Should be good to go. 

NoLogs is for data collection for Bohemia, which they dont use any more as it's out of pre-release. 

NoSplash is just your splash screens before getting on the main menu. 

MaxMem and GPUMax frames and buffering is just how your PC handles ARMA itself and how your GPU renders things. 

Source : I have modified these settings myself and play just fine.

I have all the settings you have listed above, with slight modifications, and have been playing like that since Mid-Late 2016. No issues yet.

Some more .cfg changes I use;

winWidth=1920;
winHeight=1080;
winDefWidth=1920;
winDefHeight=1080;
fullScreenWidth=1920;
fullScreenHeight=1080;
renderWidth=1920;
renderHeight=1080;

1920x1080 my monitor size. Somehow helps with screentearing as I don't get it too often since changing it.

For any NVIDIA graphic card owners, following this method I got rid of massive lag when taking shots and shooting in CQC at the same time.

raQ0JK3.png

Right click on desktop and click on NVIDIA-configurationscreen.

n4g8hhz.png

Click on Configure Surround, PhysX and select your Graphics card (GeForce GTX 980 in my case).

Back