What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Shadowplay not recording in-game sound

Haywire

Escaped Convict
I've gone too long without my shadowplay functioning properly (it's so frustrating) until recently after having someone shout at me "I'm going to report you on the forums", I have realised that I really need to get it working again... 

yGLsxdf.png

It worked fine until it just suddenly stopped recording sounds from my computer. Now it only records my microphone. I haven't changed any settings, does anybody know of a fix?

check them settings with yours and the version of GeForce. Mine is working fine with them settings and you pretty much have the same pc. They are the only settings I think that would affect your in game sounds.

1F39AA03-3038-4BB1-96B1-9B6F0A531FEF.jpeg

445DEE74-6AB4-406C-B2F3-F9E182075A3A.jpeg

E05A1A20-58D8-4AAF-8152-19FB45029FF7.jpeg

585BBE6D-A7A5-4C3F-B9AE-6B2FA261C696.jpeg

I had literally same issues, i had everything set up right but shadowplay is just way too complicated, so i started using plays.tv and its way easier.

@Haywire

Shadow play defaults to your 'Default Device' which is specified when you right click on your speaker icon (taskbar) and select playback devices. Hence you should try right clicking your desired output device to be used by shadow play and assign as as the Default Device and Default Communication Device if not already. You will need to restart your game (hence also restarting your shadowplay process) for this to work.

I switched from ShadowPlay to the new version of PlaysTv called Plays, its so much easier to use and does all of the same things. I mainly use the instant replay feature just like i did with shadowplay but doesnt have any of the issues (like you are having).

i would just recommend using that instead, its in beta but has worked well for me. https://plays.tv/

Back