What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Server 2

Surgay

I've been noticing a pattern with the second server where it only seems to come up on weekends and even then only for maybe 4-8 hours. its often a problem when you arnt able to get on in time for wipe so you have to end up spamming to join. with other servers such as BLAH BLAH BLAHH they always seem to have second servers up and I've noticed even sometimes a third. I'm not meaning to sound rude or anything its just when you have bad internet like I have and you get kicked every so often having to spam to re-join is often frustrating to then get kicked again. I just don't see the point in a second server if it is used 2 days out of a whole week. would love feedback and your guys' opinion on the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets not even look at other servers or other game modes like you mentioned, We do things our way and our main focus is Roleplay unlike other places.

S1 is our main server and S2/S3 are treated as overflow servers

We have been noticing recently is demand in the weekday for a second server is poor and would only fill to about 20-30 players and it then becomes a roleplay avoidance server with people just farming, That's poor for interaction

On the weekend at peak times, the demand is more than there so we put S2 up

I would look a little closer to home with your internet connection... if you are getting kicked for not meeting the network requirements then your ping is exceeding 250 and in 2018 that is a very poor showing for someone in the UK

I can see where you're from and I am from the same area, Internet connections are not that poor!

Becomes a farming server with very little people and therefore very little risk of being robbed while doing runs and stuff.

I think S2 should be up when S1 is full such as most days and get the NHS and Police to spread out between S1 and S2, this will help S2 to not just be only for runs. 

...get the NHS and Police to spread out between S1 and S2...
I wish I'd thought of that... 🤦‍♂️

Seriously... if we could, it would solve a lot of problems. However, I believe it might be easier to nail jelly to the ceiling.

FWIW, we're looking at ways to increase the player-slots on server 1, so that it can accommodate more people in one session. Some of the German servers have up to 250 players, and we are currently trying to find out what their magic is. It's not easy, and they're not telling. If anyone knows the secret, please feel free to share it with me, preferably by PM. No guesses or BS though; trolls will get deported. Valuable in-game prize awarded for the solution...

I wish I'd thought of that... 🤦‍♂️

Seriously... if we could, it would solve a lot of problems. However, I believe it might be easier to nail jelly to the ceiling.

FWIW, we're looking at ways to increase the player-slots on server 1, so that it can accommodate more people in one session. Some of the German servers have up to 250 players, and we are currently trying to find out what their magic is. It's not easy, and they're not telling. If anyone knows the secret, please feel free to share it with me, preferably by PM. No guesses or BS though; trolls will get deported. Valuable in-game prize awarded for the solution...
Maybe we should teach DJ German and send him in as an undercover dev. 🇩🇪

If low player count would be an issue on S2 during weekdays, you could always reduce max players on both and put them both up, meaning a more even spread of players and less lag for all. Even on weekends they are rarely both full up and at that point S3 could come into play. Higher max player count is frankly a bit of a mixed bag in terms of roleplay and game performance, there are pros and cons. I trust the dev team entirely, but just putting my thoughts out there 🙂

If u lower the counts the server would be quite boring with you barely running into anybody on the island one of the fun things. ls always seeing what's going on and people doing runs, robbing stations etc. This may be just me but I just wouldn't want the island to be a ghost town 🙂 also ATM I don't think that S3 is that necessary the way I see it is that it only comes up when a wave of new player join such as free weekends

If low player count would be an issue on S2 during weekdays, you could always reduce max players on both and put them both up, meaning a more even spread of players and less lag for all. 
Sadly, this is a non-starter.

Reducing the player-count on Server 1 would seriously affect our overall 'hours played' counts, and that in turn would damage our server rank in the ARMA community. That is definitely not something we wish to do! I like the logic though, and it does sort of make sense, if you discount the negative rank effects... but alas, that ranking is crucial to us.

Back