What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Nvidia RTX Series

Ballantin

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
What do you guys think about the new cards? To be honest I am disappointed.

The specs seems to be below the expected as well as the performance, there are no real benchmarks yet, there is a new NDA to obscure information and...

THE PRICE is outrageous.

I was ready to get one, maybe even two for SLI but now I think I will pass on them. At least until there are some reviews and solid data about them.

Are you going to get one?

What do you guys think about the new cards?

Are you going to get one?
Didn’t know they were being out a different series of cards tbh.. I rarely check up on things that I’ve recently bought top-of-the-line equipment of since I usually end up disappointed tbh.. My 1080ti hasn’t really been such a great experience which I had hoped it would be..

I think the lower specs might be a marketing move. I imagine they will release other card is closer increments with smaller increases in performance than they have previously. Previously they have released at 8.0 series, 9.0 series, 10.0 series. However, to improve profits they may begin 20.0 series > 20.5 series > 21.0 series etc. That might explain the lower performance from release. (Just an estimate but most big tech companies do things this way to keep the shareholders happy).

The price is likely due to new technology, materials and a lack of logistics to provide the two. Cutting edge tech has always come with a price tag to boot. Give it a few months and the price should start to fall. (Hopefully!!).

I'm going to wait for the reviews. But lets face it, it still wont run Kavala Square at anything over 25fps.... 😕 

On top of all that, there is no way to know what cards got a reference PCB and there is only one water block available to pre order at the moment.

Back