What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Ryzen 7 2700x - Performance pretty poor?

Kakujaa

Royal Flush
Hey guys I recently got a new PC:

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x 

GPU - EVGA GTX 1080 

RAM - 16 GB DDR4 3000mhz 

I understand that when it comes to Arma Intel is the best bet without a doubt however Ryzen was a good fit for my budget and I decided to go with it, with that said I went back on RPUK for the first time in a while and it honestly feels no different compared to when I had a FX-6300 & R7. I get about 35-40 out of major towns and in Kavala I'm hardly hitting 20 FPS, the quality doesn't seem to change it but I was wondering if there're any tweaks that could perhaps boost the FPS a little bit? 

Thanks.

Your processor is the main important component when it comes to Arma. Now as the CPU I think is from last year, it's a good purchase for most games, now as you state that intel is better for Arma, in most cases it's better for most games. The 2700x is a very good processor, however, for that price you could have gone for a I7 6 or 7 series. I'd say the FPS you are getting already is pretty good, check what background programs are running and make sure nothing is taking away from the CPU. 

The 2700x is a very good processor, however, for that price you could have gone for a I7 6 or 7 series.
Uhh no.

The 2700x definitely is by far a better purchase than an i7 skylake or kabylake.

Trust me it's not that much better in Kavala for intel users too. I have an i5-7600k @ 5ghz and Radeon 7950 and i still get 30~ fps in Kavala. Arma is really unoptimized, and single core performance is far more favored than the multicore performance.

I run a ryzen 5 2600 with 16gb DDR4 3200Mhz ram and get 50/60 out of major towns.

RAM speed is an important factor in ryzen systems, although it could just be your settings somewhere. GPU Makes 0 difference in ArmA, a 960 runs as well as a 1080ti

I run a ryzen 5 2600 with 16gb DDR4 3200Mhz ram and get 50/60 out of major towns.

RAM speed is an important factor in ryzen systems, although it could just be your settings somewhere. GPU Makes 0 difference in ArmA, a 960 runs as well as a 1080ti
Would it be okay if I could see your settings? 

Im going to upgrade my system to a Ryzen 7 2700x and 3200Mhz Trident ram. From a i5 6400 and 2133 Mhz, i let you know if it improves my performance or not. Still with the i5 i could survive the horrors of Kavala.

Update, FPS is randomly a little better now, around 30-35 in towns and 50-55 FPS out of towns, thanks for the replies guys 👌

Forget to say but with the same processor and 16gb 3200mhz memory i get 30-40 FPS in kavala and Around 50 to 60 outside. Never experienced inputlag or stuttering  yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back