What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Un-ban Appeal - Drex - 20/05/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drex

Rookaholic
Staff Team
Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Trainer
In-game Name
Drex

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
20/05/19

Member of the team that banned you.
Robbie

Reason given for your ban.
5.4 Entering combat efter being revived

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was in a DMT with four other people, I had a 'duel' with one of them which I lost, after which I was revived. When I had been revived I told the guy that had shot me to "stick 'em up" as a joke, he then asks me "Oh, you want another go, do you!?" I reply with "Yes, yes I do..!" I assumed a position in the DMT, I didn't shoot as I tried to hide in order to "surprise-attack" my opponent with a knockout, but he saw me and I was killed again.
After being revived a second time, I walk down the stairs of the DMT where I get shot at by the same person again, at which point I shoot back once more.

Why should we unban you ?
I can understand if there is an actual gunfight, where someone re-entering combat after being revived is an issue, however that is not what happened in this situation. Being revived and returning to a gunfight would obviously have an impact on the outcome of that fight, hence why I believe the rule is in place. There was no ongoing gunfight, there was no 'winning or losing' team, me participating in another duel after being revived had zero impact on the server.

I think that placing a ban for breaking 5.4 in this case is a bit harsh, I've been a member of this community for four years with no bans on record, and wish to stay a member of this community. If it pleases staff team, I'd like to appeal the ban into a warning for 5.4 instead, due to the fact that it was a contained situation in a DMT with friends, it wasn't any form of malicious acts nor did it have any impact on roleplay.

In the event of me being unbanned, I give you my word that I shall participate in no more 'defib-duels'.

If there is anything you feel uncertain about, please ask and I'd be happy to answer, best regards Drex.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

I'm going to comment on this so that the staff member that deals with it can get the full story and as you have made me sound like I was unfair by banning you after you stated it was a "harsh" decision. Therefore I will go into detail and explain why I banned you.

Therefore not even a month ago, I was on my admin cam, when a group of people was messing around in the early hours of the morning shooting and reviving each other, whilst being watched by people as it was close to kavala town and most new people spawn there. I went into there teamspeak channel and gave them a TELLING OFF saying despite it being early in the morning the rules still apply etc and stated that people was watching them which obviously is not a very good image to someone joining the server. everyone understood and agreed not to do it again. Now we come to today where once again early morning admin patrol as since some comments of people saying //you can't do that etc so it gets you thinking you should go and see what's going on so I did. after speaking with people who had no mic I seen multiple people at the DMT just outside Kavala and listen in to hearing Simen run in saying what you think you guys are doing (something along the lines of that) and having a run around gun dance with Bowen both parties showing there power in the situation. It then turned out these knew each other and the robbing party didn't take anything and decided that they was going to leave, then more went on and Bowen and Drax decided to get into a dual. Fair enough Drax loses dual gets revived and as you Drax have stated above,  you wanted to go again, and did. Right there you broke the server rule of 5.4. It doesn't matter if your in a little area with your friends messing around you still broke the rule, You we're just shot and then started another situation within a few minuets...  you also said to me in-game it's 3am that it would be harsh due to the time and the server is quiet etc. I didn't know that the rules stopped applying at certain times, just because the server is quiet doesn't mean the rules stopped being inforced. And finally, The reason the ban was made as If I haven't made it obviously clear. You and the rest of the people in that teamspeak was warned and all understood that you could have been banned before for breaching 5.4 (not saying that you did anything that day but as a group of people all of you we're warned) Clearly that warning didn't hit you at home as you broke the rule. The reason I didn't give you a warning because as far as I am concerned you have had your warning. Therefore I banned you which clearly was the only way for it to sink in what you did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning Robbie.
I fully understand the reasoning behind your actions this morning, what you have stated above is correct.

I have broken rule 5.4 by engaging in combat within 15 minutes of being revived, and I am not arguing that. I did not try to imply that server rules should in any way shape or form sieze to exist after certain hours, if that's what you thought I meant at the time I apologize for the confusion. I think it's worth mentioning that I didn't break this rule with the intent on doing so, although I certainly should've known better. 

I have not written this appeal in the sense of 'I did not do anything wrong, thus the ban should be lifted', I take full responsibility for my actions, however; I am appealing the sanctions for my actions as I feel a warning to be a more suitable option in this case rather than removing a member from the community.  

Drex up until about last month you've had a completely clean record. You're always fun to be around in-game so how come after doing so well for so long you got a warning for VDM last month and this ban placed upon you? 

The warning was placed because I made a bad decision after many bad events stacking up to the point where I used my car as a weapon, something which I very much regret ever doing.

This event was simply me and some friends having a bit of fun late at night, there was barely any players online and I guess we assumed what we did was harmless as it didn't affect anybody and although it was technically a rulebreak, it wasn't done with the intent of breaking rules, which would have a negative effect on others or the server, being banned for having two duels in role play didn't seem logical at the time, but I understand that was wrong of me. 

/Drex

Now there's been a warning given out about this exact same thing before how come it's happened again even after you and some other members were warned for this exact thing?

There was no official warning given out at that time, Robbie joined the channel and what he stated to be a telling off was realisticly more of a reminder of the rule, since there wasn't an actual rulebreak at that time. What was mentioned then was directed more towards the point of how it looked from a 3rd party perspective, as gang members were killing and reviving each other. To my recollection no one actively entered combat after being revived in that situation.

As stated above, I assumed what we did was harmless.

more of a reminder of the rule
Now to me this seems like Robbie was just letting you go off easy as he didn't feel the need to place an official warning due to some messing about. To me it seems like Robbie thought that you guys would know better and would listen to him but now you're here. Official or not him telling you off is still a warning. Would you have preferred being given an official warning back then?

• Eggplant
Reactions: Riz
No wouldn't want that, as I didn't break any rule then. I understand where you're coming from, all I can do is apologize for my mistake and hope to move on.

Alright then Drex, I hope that you've just had some recent mishaps here and that you're not going down the wrong path. Keep in mind that there are a lot of better ways to mess around late at night then to break rules on our servers.

Now I'm giving you another chance and hopefully you'll be able to take this and prove to us that you aren't going down the wrong path

Do also keep in mind that if you find yourself appealing another ban it might not go as easily

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back