What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Un-ban Appeal - Jason Detiri - 26/06/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonnn

ᴅᴇᴘᴜᴛʏ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛᴏʀ ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ ᴏꜰ ɴᴄᴀ
Investor
Lifetime Donator
In-game Name
PC Jason Detiri [6203]

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
26/06/19

Member of the team that banned you.
Aiden

Reason given for your ban.

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
After dealing with a Tempest Transport filled with Uranium, we decided to attempt to leave the Poseidon lands and go deal with a gas station robbery, when driving down the main road we deal with a dead Pos member and see that a heli and quillin are approaching us. We decided to try and leave, we got stopped by a Pos member and he wanted to talk. We knew they had ill intentions and tried to drive away, and they initiated on the wheels of the car. They don’t know how to shoot as they killed two occupants of the vehicle, I stepped out asking “Why the fuck are you killing us?” and proceed to get gunned down even though I posed no threat to life. After being gunned down, me and a member of Pos cartel had a heated argument towards each other and even after being told by an admin to stop I carried on. In the end I decided I didn’t want to deal with them and pushed my computer so the plug would come out, hence the ban for combat logging.

Why should we unban you ?
I’d like to be unbanned from the server as I realize what I did was extremely shitty and could have ruined any potential roleplay opportunities between me and Poseidon! I regret my actions and in the heat of the moment wasn’t thinking of how my actions would affect me and others in the long run. I try and be as great as I can be on this server, keeping my records as clean as I can with the off chance of notes of the same thing. I know this is my first ban but I aim to try and make sure it wont happen again as it isn’t my usual self and I don’t know why I did it! Given the chance to come back ill make sure no incidents of this nature happen again. Thanks.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

You have been on our server for 3 years without any warning or ban a clean record, squeaky clean. You get into an argument with a member in-game which can always happen, however you are then asked by a member of the staff team to stop however you decided to carry on instead and then decided to push your computer of your desk making you disconnect from the server and thus combat logging.

I understand that everyone feels angry every now and then and everyone makes mistakes however what bothers me is that after you combat logged that you made no effort to reconnect to the server and attempt to get back into roleplay. So my questions to you are: 

1. Why did you not return to the server after you had cooled down and continue the roleplay?
  2. Can you quote me the rule that you broke, explain me how you broke it and why we have it on our server. 
  3. Why did you continue to argue after being stopped by a member of the staff team?
@Jason Detiri

Why did you not return to the server after you had cooled down and continue the roleplay?

At the time of the incident there was no way that I could've joined back and returned to the roleplay situation as it was about 5 to 10 minutes till the restart. I'm not saying that's a valid reason as to why I didn't log on and should've made the attempt to at least contact one of the member's involved or even Aiden -Who was the staff member on scene.- The heat of the situation annoyed me greatly and at the time it was obvious that it wasn't gonna take a few seconds to cool down. 

Can you quote me the rule that you broke, explain me how you broke it and why we have it on our server. 

"(2.5) Combat logging at any point during RP is exploiting. Some examples of this include: logging out during a firefight, being chased by the police, arrested by the police, while dead awaiting a medic, logging out in order to save gear, rage-quitting, logging out whilst restrained/detained. Punishment is a ban. Staff can make an informed decision depending on if you’ve made an attempt to resolve the issue. We do suggest you attempt to rejoin the server and continue the roleplay (try messaging them with the mobile system first)."

Combat logging is a basic life server rule that inform's a player that if they are in an active situation, downed or restrained that they should attempt to log from the server! In my term's I was involved in a situation where the tyres were initiated on and instead of that happening we get shot out of the vehicle. I have an argument with Pos member and in the heat of the moment logged off, causing me to combat log. It annoys me that I broke one of the most clear rules in a shitty way and am honestly sorry for that.

Why did you continue to argue after being stopped by a member of the staff team?

Again, this is one of those heat of the moment things where I wasn't thinking straight and was content on arguing. Granted, I was the instigator of the argument and the person involved was in rights to get aggy at me for some of the things I said, I should have stopped in my track's and took a moment to myself. Mute my headset, place it down for a moment instead of continuing the pityful argument.

Do you tend to argue with people after gunfights?

Is this something that has happened before or was this a one time thing?

And if you could go back in time what would you do different?

• Eggplant
Reactions: Riz
Well, I don't tend to argue alot. If I'm honest I tend to speak to them in an angrish tone but I've rarely argued with people in game or it has been a long time since I've done so. 

In the past I've gotten really angry at some situation's, one being when I was sprayed out of my vehicle by the police and another when my huron was scrapped! But in those situations I managed to control myself! But in the situation with Pos it happened so much in that one day that I lost it with them, childish I know but in the heat of the moment I wasn't thinking straight. 

I'd definitely just keep my trap shut, only talk to them if they had intentions to actually roleplay! I'd have probably told them to reverse instead of going forward, would have made an interesting chase! I could have been less abusive towards Pos in RP, I'm in a whitelisted faction and should've known better. 

Alright then. At the end of the day you knew that logging off at the time would be against the rules and decided to do so instead. In the future I expect a lot better. A tip to avoid these situations is to be calm and not toxic. As you said you're in a whitelisted faction you should know better, don't get caught up in the heat of the moment in the future, sometimes you lose and you should be mature enough to handle that. 

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back