What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Un-ban Appeal - PC Ryan (7674) - 29/06/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_1

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
In-game Name
Ryan

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
29/06/19

Member of the team that banned you.
The Real DaanV

Reason given for your ban.

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was banned off the server because when I was in a Roleplay situation I pressed some sort of keybind/hotkey which logged me off the server and I was sent back to the main menu, I was banned as I did accidentally log off the server when I was in an active situation and completely understand that it is combat logging.

Why should we unban you ?
I think I should be un-banned because the reason I was banned was understandable and it did look like a combat log from other perspectives as I was restrained in a situation, I love playing on the server and enjoy it very much as I am currently in the Police on the server and I would like to pursue this as I find it very fun and enjoyable and have met lots of friends on the server in my 3 years of playing, overall I am sincerely sorry for breaching this server rule and can ensure you that this will not happen again under any circumstance and it was a mistake on my end and I take full responsibility for my actions, it would be a shame if I wasn't allowed back on the server as I find roleplay.co.uk to be one of the best arma communities I have been apart of and really enjoy being on the server and having fun with my friends and providing a good roleplay experience for the community, yet again I am sincerely sorry for being in breach of this server rule and can assure you that it was a mistake on my end and nothing like this will happen again as I genuinely do really enjoy the server as it's the most professional and friendly community I have played on, I would be gutted if I wasn't to return back to the server.

Thanks for taking the time to read my unban appeal.

-Ryan

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
And I would also like to apologise If I did offend anyone by saying "facking conts"  I did say it in a jokey sarcastic way and didn't think any harm would of came from this! - (I don't think this has anything to do with the reason I was banned but I might aswell add it)

Thanks.

-Ryan

Why didn't you try and contact the people you originally had the situation with in order to attempt to continue the situation? Also could you explain this hotkey a bit more since I do not fully understand what you mean with this. @RyanFlanagan

Why didn't you try and contact the people you originally had the situation with in order to attempt to continue the situation? Also could you explain this hotkey a bit more since I do not fully understand what you mean with this. @RyanFlanagan
Thanks for replying, after I was disconnected to the main menu I went onto teamspeak to try and find who I was in a situation with but I wasn't able to find who I was originally in the situation with, (I should of went into a support channel on teamspeak that would of been the best thing to do and im sorry for not doing so), and when I was disconnected I am still kind of unsure why I was sent back to the menu, I pressed something on my keyboard which then sent me back to the Arma 3 main menu I don't think it was a hotkey im not really sure what it was, apart from that it was something on my keyboard which sent me back to the main menu. @KingGodDiabloZ

Im sorry @KingGodDiabloZ for not being able to provide more info, that's all I really know I pressed something accidentally on my keyboard and I was returned to the main arma 3 menu.

Either way, I am very sorry for logging out of the server whilst I was in a roleplay situation, and can assure you that it wont happen again.

@KingGodDiabloZ

As for me it's very hard to distinguish whether a combat logging ban was intentional or not I will threat it as such since it never hurts to question someone on their rule knowledge! Please quote me the rule you were banned for, explain why we have it on our server. And please tell me what you would different if you were able to get back to this situation. 

@PC Ryan

(2.5) Combat logging at any point during RP is exploiting. Some examples of this include: logging out during a firefight, being chased by the police, arrested by the police, while dead awaiting a medic, logging out in order to save gear, rage-quitting, logging out whilst restrained/detained. Punishment is a ban. Staff can make an informed decision depending on if you’ve made an attempt to resolve the issue. We do suggest you attempt to rejoin the server and continue the roleplay (try messaging them with the mobile system first).

This is the rule, combat logging 2.5  is a rule on the server because say if somebody was clearly in a situation and they had the lower hand, if this wasn't a rule on the server anyone that was clearly about to die or lose something valuable they could just log out and they would keep there gear and there valuable items, which is very unfair for the others in the situation as they are missing out on roleplay and in-game items, the rule is on the server to stop anyone from logging out when they are in a roleplay situation when they could potentially die or lose there items which is why people usually log out.

If I could go back in time, I would of definitely logged back into the server, return to the area, and attempt to continue the situation.

I would also tell who I was in a situation with that I had an error and apologise to them.

And also I would of notified a member of the staff team with the admin request.

@KingGodDiabloZ

When you were spoken to by a member of the staff team you claimed that your internet is bad which is what most likely caused you too log off. This is different from what you claim in your appeal? @PC Ryan

When you were spoken to by a member of the staff team you claimed that your internet is bad which is what most likely caused you too log off. This is different from what you claim in your appeal? @PC Ryan
Usually when im disconnected from the server it's my internet as I live very far from my internet providers box, as this is the first time I've been disconnected without me really knowing I just assumed that it was my internet, so I went into Staff Support with the idea that it was my internet connection, but it wasn't.

After I spoke to a member of staff I managed to get some footage of when I was disconnected and it had nothing to do with my internet it was just me pressing something on my keyboard accidentally which lead to me being disconnected.

Either way, Im sorry for disconnecting from the server and ill make sure it doesn't happen again if I am to return to the server.

If i'm ever in this situation again I will do the right thing and head back onto the server and contact who I was in the situation with and contact a member of staff about what happened to prevent this from happening. @KingGodDiabloZ

Do not bump your appeal. It wil get replied to at a certain time however as you bumped it 3 times it will be locked for 3 days. 

now go to the unban appeal guidelines/rules. and find me the bumping rule and copy and paste it here. 
NOw tell me, What have you learned from this situation. 
And whaty will you do different next time? 

If you "bump" your appeal or keep asking; “when will I be unbanned” we reserve the right to deny the request.

From this situation I have learned not to be impatient and just let my appeal sit until a member of the staff team views it, next time I will not keep adding un necessary comments to my appeal (bumping)  next time I will just let my application sit until a member of the staff team replies to my appeal.

And the in game situation:  From the in game situation I have learnt that if I do get disconnected whilst I’m in a active roleplay situation, I should head back into the game and find the original people who I was in a situation with and attempt to continue the situation like nothing happend, and also I would contact the staff members online that I was disconnected. @CI Jefke V 

I'm inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt. As you've mentioned yourself, if you disconnect without intention (Especially when in the middle of a situation) it's always best to try and contact all parties involved as well as staff to avoid situations such as this.

Don't let me down. UNBANNED

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back