What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Permanent Ban Appeal - S E T H

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E T H

In-game Name

Seth

Steam ID

Please provide a link to your previous denied appeal.

https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/117007-un-ban-appeal-s-e-t-h-080719/?tab=comments#comment-678288
In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.

I was banned for NRL as I returned to the red zones before my NLR timer was up and during my death prior to breaking NLR I put along the lines of "Fuck this server I'm off to Asylum" to the person who I knew who had killed me.

What have you been upto in the last 6 months+ ?

I have not really been up to much really, looking for jobs, seeing family members and playing other games such as Rainbow Six Siege.

Why do you want to return ?

I would like to return as I believe this community is one of if not the best roleplaying server on Arma 3 as it stands. During my time throughout the server I have been banned as many people will know, however, I have never actually been banned for something I knew I was doing wrong unlike this ban. I believe I am a member who has always tried to abide by the server rules and enforce them whenever staff may not be there to enforce them themselves. I am sure the staff members who will see this appeal will be able to check how much time I have put into this server which will tell you guys that I do indeed love playing on this community. I would like to be 100% clear on this matter, I do not have any intentions on advertising, I also have no intention of being unbanned to break obvious rules. My time within Arma 3 is coming to a close as I have surpassed 6000 hours on it and I feel that I am ready to move on to other things. I simply want to get unbanned to enjoy the the servers experience for what it is before I leave the game. Lastly I would like to say I want to get unbanned to speak to the many people that I know.

Why should we unban you ?

I think I should be unbanned as at the time I was very tired from playing the server the whole night before, during the time of the ban it was around 12 o'clock mid-day. Before I say my reasoning to why I should get unbanned I would like to say that although I very tired and kinda lost track of time I would not say it is an acceptable excuse to break NLR, however it was not any malicious intent of this rule break, as I knew the guy who had killed me. For my ban for promoting I would like to reiterate that this was to a friend who I knew and not anyway other than the red zone, again, there was no intent to "promote" the *Redacted* server, it was just to tell the guy where I was going. Lastly, I would like to say that the reasoning to my absence of an unban appeal was because I wanted to take a step back from the server, do something else and try and come back when I felt I was more interested in roleplay in general and I believe that now is the right time to try and come back. Throughout my time within Roleplay.co.uk, I have tried to abide by the many rules that in place and have stepped foot out of line too often unless they are silly mistakes like the one I have made during this ban. I believe I still am a valued member of the community as I have proven in the past that I have played the server for many, many hours of which I have fully enjoyed and I wish to continue to play many more hours after this unban appeal

Please confirm this unban request is for you.

Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process

Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.

Yes

I confirm 6 months+ have passed since my denied appeal.

Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here

Yes

Before I even go onto the topic of this ban, which we will get to in due time.

Let's discuss your history of what we have on record here.

• 5 Warnings 
  • 2 Bans
That to me already shows that you don't learn from mistakes. Maybe you learn from the first mistake but continue to make others.

So my question is, should i entertain and listen to this appeal when you haven't listened to staff and learned from any of it?

@Drew As far as know a few of those warnings was from when I was very new not only to the server but to Arma in general, this is not necessarily an excuse but more of a detail. I know my prior ban for "Poor RP" was from when I went on holiday with Bikini Bottom and they happened to get blanket banned the last day of my holiday. I do realise some of these warnings and the most recent ban I knew I shouldn't have done them. However, I must admit that I really do not have any malicious intentions whenever I play the server. I understand that my record is not a clean one however, I do try my hardest to keep it clean. 

@S E T H I am going to allow you to make comments about comments being made towards you right now, So for this to proceed I am going to need a honest response.

So we have one person claiming that you have been sharing a very old stolen mission file via google drive and another person claiming you have been ban evading here and trolling on a new server... if you can call it that

I will get to the bottom of these claims one way or another

@Wilco Regarding the allegations on me having a mission file of some sort is true, but the allegation on me sharing them is not. however, I can see why the allegation was brought forward. I went onto the Teamspeak yesterday or the day before for about 10-15 minutes and was speaking to a close friend in a channel with others, I was speaking to him about an encounter I had with someone a few weeks back going by the name "lewis" on a separate Teamspeak server. During this encounter he had given me mission files of server such as This server, GTA, Reborn, Phoenix as well as a few wasteland servers and KOTH servers. However, I have not used them as I find it really pointless as I would have no good enough reason to use them as well as I have literally no idea how to code 😄. This can be backed up if needed. The second allegation is true, I did go onto the server a few days back just to check the new update out. I believe I went on for about 15-20 minutes under the name Zakka. I picked some apples at the field near Kavala and then went off and have not been back on as I really didn't want to if im honest. Lastly, the allegation on the "trolling" I have really no idea about that to be honest because I havent really been playing arma that much, I have been learning how to skin things but other than that I really haven't been doing much, I am sure you have the tools to see that. Finally I would like to say that I am obviously not expecting to get unbanned as some of these allegations are very serious ones but I hope I have enlightened you on the matter and shown you that it wasn't exactly how it went. Thanks.

Well firstly I find it remarkable that people find some warmth inside still to this day to go around bragging that they have client-sided files for Arma servers (they download to your machine!) Yeah there encrypted but it isn't hard to get around that but what these people seem to forget is your missing two things

1. The server sided files.. there is a lot going on there on our files

2. The most important... the community! you cannot store a player base in google

So what you end up with is a empty un-unique shell that you would need to spend some time on getting to work, Lewis is a moron but if that's what gets him out of bed in the morning impressing people like you over team speak then good luck to him in life.

I do wonder why you would then get some joy and warmth in sharing such a conversation to others in another teamspeak, seems a little fishy at that point to me! maybe you wanted to start an empty un-unique shell of a server ?

Secondly I have been given the profile Zakka and can see it joined the server and asked a noobish question, that's always a tell tell sign, that and the Bury St Edmunds IP you used along with another member recognising your voice.

You simply have never cared for our rules and by your parting comment and some strange activity, its clear you do not hold this place in much regard these days ?

I know I have nothing to hide as I know to well that if I did then it would be clear to see. I would like to reiterate that the Lewis I met on that teamspeak was not any Lewis that I know of from this server however, I cannot confirm that. I would also like to say that I do enjoy playing on this server, it has always been in high regards in my mind. I know that it makes me look shady however I know as well as many of my friends that I have no idea how to wrok things like that. I know that I am very unlikely to be unbanned, however, I can say I have told the truth on all of the allegations as your data has shown (apart from the files) All I can say now is that I did fully enjoy my time on the server and  would like to enjoy more but if it is to be, it to be. Thanks.  

I would just like to reiterate that I can indeed show you proof of the files not being in my name and even the history if needed, however, I am not expecting to get that far.

@S E T H So out of all the hundreds of thousands of people that use teamspeak and the tens of thousands of teamspeak servers worldwide, you just happened to bump into Lewis who randomly started a conversation about RPUK and had our client sided mission files (which you download when you join the server)

Doesn't add up to me, I think you know who Lewis is if that is his real name

No that is not what I am saying, I said along with other server files, the Teamspeak that I set up as my own personal Teamspeak. This Teamspeak is on the server lists which meant now and again we would get many people joining (most of them complete weirdos i must add). Many of them did not know about Arma 3 but some did. Lewis was one of them. I have been completely honest with you regarding this issue. It could have been much easier to have said that I did not say or do anything to warrant this individual to come forward but I have done as you have asked and have said everything that happened both on the server and else where in the Arma community. Yes, I understand why you would think it would be very rare of someone to "magically" appear from no where and give a load of servers files but that is literally what happened. Left me a bit shocked as well to be honest. I can confirm I have literally never known this guy before, again. I would have no reason to lie about this, you could even ask the members who was in the RPUK Teamspeak at the time of me telling this situation, maybe even the person who has decided to come forth with this information. I remember stating that to all of them the same that I have said on this thread. Hard to believe but it literally is what happened. Thanks. 

Yet any decent person would of contacted a member of our staff or sent an email just to make us aware of it, One of the people there did......... then we discovered you was ban evading yet you wasn't very upfront about that.

TBH not sure why you want to be unbanned seeing when you left with your little advertisement you said "SHIT SERVER" 

I know there is much more to this and right now I am not satisfied one bit, that's why i will entertain one last reply with anything you want to share and why in the hell after all this should you be unbanned, I will conclude my judgement after that.

Okay so. I know obviously someone in my position could easily be looked over and just removed from the community all together. This would not surprise me. I would like to add that I should not have made those remarks on this server. It was wrong to do. It was something in the moment which should not have been said and will not be said if I ever do get the chance to be unbanned. I will continue to up hold that I have literally told you the truth from top to bottom inside and out about these issues. I would agree that this does not at all make me any more likely to get unbanned but I know to well that if on a ban appeal you are asked to tell the truth on something your better off doing it. I would like to say that this really is my first proper ban of this kind. I know I have been banned in the past some of these were really down to bad luck and timing, going on police holiday with a gang that gets blanket banned after my first day on holiday was not good luck for me. I do enjoy playing this server. I dont ever want to hold my money accountable because I know as well as anyone else that just because i drop money on a server it does not exempt me from the server rules. However, It does enforce my point on the love I have for the server and the fun that I have had many times on it before. If I am to be permanently banned I will appeal in six months. Hopefully that will not be the case. as this may be my last comment before getting banned I'd like to thank yourself and Drew on the replies regarding the topics. Thanks again.

@S E T H Its getting to the point where you will be considered a loss cause and you will be permanently banned without any future appeal,  the very odd conversations on teamspeak about mission files along with the comments on the server when you left paints a picture.

However looking at the previous bans and notes there is nothing major but normal server rules which you need to improve on, so after consideration you will get one last chance however I suggest keeping completely clean for the next 6 months.

When our staff team is kind enough to give you a warning.... take that on board! you clearly didn't in the past.

Your next ban will mean no appeal will be read within 6 months of the ban date, anything more serious than normal ingame rules and you wont ever be returning here again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please be advised it is extremely rare for us to unban a second permanent appeal so please be careful going forward!

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back