What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Anybody that does Sea Kayaking

I irregularly kayak on a sit on top one on a river  ^_^.....they both float and use paddles?

Done quite a bit of Sea Kayaking in a sturdy, comfortable Perception Sundance Touring Kayak. Only capsized a few times mainly due to turning broadside on breakers when getting out.

Yeah im confused should I get a Touring or Sport Kayak ? I have fairly rough Ocean near me and dont know which one to choose... I have a rudder aswell for a kayak if they are any good but I do love rolling  into fairly sized waves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do, Usually I fish with it. also surf and doing paddle boarding. if you need any tips/help let me know 😉

Yeah im confused should I get a Touring or Sport Kayak ? I have fairly rough Ocean near me and dont know which one to choose... I have a rudder aswell for a kayak if they are any good but I do love rolling to into fairly size waves.
It depends, if you are just kayaking for the fun of paddling in the sea, just go for a touring one that'll fit your size, that way you will be much less affected by choppy water unlike the sport kayak which has lower volume so you basically feel every movement in the water

@Bobby the Sock Yeah I do it just for fun. Do you know much about the rudders do they make much of a difference? also, I do have a 10ft fibreglass powerboat which I take fishing I also keep all my things on there. I do tend to go fairly far out and because my boat is not longer than 13.7 meters I don't have to carry lifejackets flares etc etc but I do have a VHF radio just incase on my little boat  but down on the coast of devon breakers and rough sea is expected so that's why I want to know what the best Kayak is to get for the weather. 

Also whats the weirdest marine animal you have came across in fishing or just at sea in general? 

Because the weirdest thing I have seen not on my vessel by a freinds is he caughta portbeagle shark (I dont have a pitcure of me with it because I was scared to hold it 😂) but here is what they look like and they are very common in British Waters just like the blue shark or the basking shark.  

PS: Just an Image off of  Google not my own. 

skynews-porbeagle-shark-matthew-burrett_4336474.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back