What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Unban Appeal - oscardh - 05/09/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscardh

In-game Name
El Chapo

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
05/09/20

Member of the team that banned you.
Coozer / Wilco 

Reason given for your ban.
Meta gaming + trolling using report function

Where was you banned
Altis Life

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was banned I originally because I was not hotmicing my communications during a situation, and I was using the gang list to see how many members are online. To be honest, at the time I didn’t think this counted as meta gaming as in other similar servers I was more familiar with these rules didn’t exist. If I remember correctly I had reported someone and I had actually received a ban through the evidence I had provided. Now I look back I should have been more familiar with the rules and should stick to what is known within a role play situation.

I believe at the time I was quite frustrated with the ban as I felt almost hard done by because I had reported someone who had negatively effected my game by breaking rules and instead I ended up being banned myself. I later put in an unban request but instead landed myself a permanent ban which further frustrated me as I had landed myself an ever bigger ban by just trying to appeal. This led me to using the ‘report’ function on the comment section of the post to express my opinion and admittedly I had done some childish thing such as spamming song lyrics or something I think? (Kinda embarrassing now I look at it). Consequently, I had received a community ban on my ‘CDR Austin’ account.

Truthfully, I will also admit to had ban evaded on a second account I used during an arma 3 free weekend I think. I believe I had made it at the time as I thought after recieving the community ban my IP was banned and I was unable to appeal. The admin on the server explained to me that that was not the case and so here I am now.

Why should we unban you ?
I think you should unban me as it’s been a while now since my ban and to be honest, especially with the most recent in game bans, (meta gaming) it was hundred percent not intentional. I didn’t realise at the time using the gang menu was meta gaming or not speaking my comms, and I take responsibility for not knowing the rules beforehand. Also, If I remember correctly these rule breaks did not effect anyone negatively in the situation however I understand why the rules are in place as I can imagine the scenarios were it could be a real problem to the quality of role play.

Furthermore, as for the stuff I did on the forums it was childish and I’m sorry for wasting Wilco’s time and the other admins who had to see my reports of comments which were just bogus and spam. I was just quite frustrated by my initial ban and how it was upgraded to a perm ban when I was trying to appeal. I hope you can forgive me for my actions. 

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

I confirm this is not a temporary ban as those are not appealable

Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read our rules
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
You got told to stop, Yet you ignored that warning. 
and ended up being removed from the community. 
What is different this time? 
How will we be sure you follow all our rules and guidelines? 

You are right, I did ignore the warning to stop and I continued, it was purely out of frustration as I believed the revised perm ban was unjustified. However, after receiving the community ban I had realised that what I did was childish and I can understand why my communications to the forums were blocked, and I figured I would probably do the same if I was in Wilco's shoes. I understand that while I say this I did ban evade afterwards but I can honestly say I only did this as I thought there was no way to appeal a community ban, I hope you can understand this. The difference this time is that I will act more maturely when on the forums, and I can say this with confidence as now I look back I almost feel embarrassed by how I acted when I was trolling using the "report post" function as it was childish and I just sounded very petulant and immature. 

Furthermore, when it comes to how you will be sure I'll follow the rules and guidelines, next time I aim to have a heavier emphasis on the roleplay aspect of gameplay next time, as previously my gameplay was more combat orientated than it should have been. As I look back on my bans I can see a correlation with excess combat rather than roleplay, as I have been banned for RDM in 12/10/17 which was partly due to me being too eager instead of giving the person a fair chance. Furthermore, I understand the rules regarding metagaming that I was most recently banned for are in place to try and enhance people's roleplay experience, rather than give a possibly unrealistic advantage to gangs which would just further encourage combat over roleplay. In addition, I have revised the rules prior to putting up this unban appeal to make sure I am up to date, and in future I will check the change logs often for as long as I play on the server as I understand rules can change often.

I understand that while I say this I did ban evade afterwards but I can honestly say I only did this as I thought there was no way to appeal a community ban,
When we ban someone off the server, Don't you think its meant to stick it that way? 
its very common sense that evading a ban will not be appreciated. 
Why did you not get your friends to find out, if you could appeal it? 

Yes its deceitful to ban evade, once again I apologise. To be honest after I got banned I didn’t really have contact with anyone in my gang as they soon after stopped playing on the server as the gang eventually dismantled.

I also didn’t really have any mates who regularly played on the server only a few who maybe played a couple times a year or so, so getting information like that was a bit hard if you can understand. 

Now I think of it I did try and make a new account however I think I was actually just signing in to the same email using different social media sign-in options, so it kept just saying I had a community ban.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back