What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Donater subscriptions

If it was with paypal...
click setting / payments / Manage your pre-approved payments
then click on whichever subscription and click cancel

If it was with paypal...
click setting / payments / Manage your pre-approved payments
then click on whichever subscription and click cancel
Nah I did it on my actual card and can't find a way to cancel it on the forums

Also I find it very odd that its very obscure to see that donations are treated as subscriptions when they are mainly seen as "one off payments" through the way they are advertised.

There's no mention of a recurring monthly charge on the roleplay.co.uk/donate page.

When you go to make a donation of £10,20,30 the only suggestion of making a monthly donation is that it's organised into the "Monthly" section. And that it says £XX and £XX per 30 days. 

240cc57d2a4027994b2d6d669193ce69.png

When you add the donation to your cart, it states £10 donation. Suggesting it's a one-time donation

76dbb06fd01aa3a57c622f07f20e7813.png

The cart page even states 1x of £10 donation (further suggesting a one time donation).

And highlights the donation amount in red, but has small text underneath suggesting that you will be charged £10 not every 30 days but per 30 days. Which can be very confusing terminology.

52738adb095b753d964dfd1d330a2794.png

As evident by this case, there should be an easy and clear method to cancel a donation subscription. And management should make it so donators have the choice to make one-off payments or a recurring subscription. And make it VERY clear what they are signing up for. 

I ask that the management team please look into this and fix this, to avoid any issues.

@Fergu You haven't lost anything, If you wish I can issue refunds 

In terms of subscriptions this was our old system, It can be cancelled by logging into the stripe website, there was only 2-3 members using this option at the point it was discontinued several months ago in 2019.

Our new system invoices you after 30 days, its upto the user if they wish to renew the donation by clicking on the invoice, it does not automatically debit the money via stripe.

@MKw We will work on making this more clear, currently looking into programs like Patreon that gives the user more control, Stripe is good but the forums commerce system that runs all this has never been the best.

Let me know what you wish to do @Fergu for now I have logged into stripe our end and cancelled the subcription.

@Fergu It would of been crystal clear at the time, it was on the donate page when you signed up, It is no longer on there as there is no way to subscribe anymore for new donators.

So i can process it correctly, from what date did you decide you didn't want to donate to the community anymore ?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Fergu It would of been crystal clear at the time, it was on the donate page when you signed up, It is no longer on there as there is no way to subscribe anymore for new donators.

So i can process it correctly, from what date did you decide you didn't want to donate to the community anymore ?
TBH mate I thought that ages ago I donated as a 1 time donation but now I have just come to see that I had been renewing the subscription every month. I was only meant to donate just twice a while ago and wasn't meant to donate the other times.

@Fergu It started in January, you've made a payment in February, March, April and May

So you meant for Jan/Feb ? or ?

@Fergu It started in January, you've made a payment in February, March, April and May

So you meant for Jan/Feb ? or ?
Yeah, I had only meant to donate for January and I think the one time before as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have issued a refund for Feb, March, April & May to the total of £40, this was performed a few moments ago using the stripe system.

It will take your bank within 3-5 days working days however some banks may take up to 10 working days (please remember the bank holiday!)

I have issued a refund for Feb, March, April & May to the total of £40, this was performed a few moments ago using the stripe system.

It will take your bank within 3-5 days working days however some banks may take up to 10 working days (please remember the bank holiday!)
Thank you

Back