What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Unban Appeal - Sierra Elias - Altis Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierra Elias

Unban Appeal for Sierra Elias 

In-game Name: Sierra

Server: Altis Life

Steam ID: 76561198094299970

The date you got banned: 11/16/20

Member of the team that banned you: Stavik

Reason given for your ban: c1.2

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: said a word ingame instead of on discord by mistake.

https://youtu.be/nDqWP5bzEgo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5tGv17kGos&feature=youtu.be

https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/126644-report-a-player-sierra-altis-life/?tab=comments#comment-732068

Why should we unban you ?: Staff member Samantha recommended Dylan and i should have a chat on teamspeak or discord to work out our differences which we did on discord. Dylan commented on the report that we had resolved it, Staff member Nuclear closed it since Dylan and i resolved it like said and it was all done. Then a couple hours later staff member Stavik said:

"After looking into this report the Staff Leads take action as this is simply not acceptable.

Sierra, we can clearly hear whats being said and for this you would need to appeal your ban."

I dont know whats being meant with "whats being said" if that means what i said or what was said i said in the report. I want to very much know what the staff members thought i said here.

what i truly said "yo n***a", to my friend on discord but my keybinds messed up and it said it ingame instead.

what the reporting party says i said "youre a n****r" which like, why would i even say that knowing im gonna get banned without a doubt.

Dylan and i had solved the situation like said and then it was closed, later i see i still get banned for that which i think is simply unreasonable since it was resolved.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello @Sierra Elias

No matter what way you look at it, regardless of the intent, that word is not ok. I understand that you did not mean to say it here, but if you weren't saying it at all, then it wouldn't have happened here. It is beyond me how this word that has been used to convey hatred and ignorance has been so normalised to the point which you use it as a friendly greeting.

Now I'm sure people will call us snow flakes, or something along those lines, but I'm sorry, that word is unacceptable here. We welcome all types of people, from all races and ethnicities. Some of those people may be in situations IRL, such as racism, that they are trying to escape by playing here. Imagine that being the case and then they come here to hear this kind of thing. Put your self in others shoes and try to imagine how they would feel.

Its used as a greeting by loads of people obviously mainly black people but me greeting my black friend in a way he greets me and he greets me the way i greet him as a joke between friends we have no issues with that. If i do offend anyone, hurt anyone or ruin someones expierence im completely fine to solve that and meet those consequenses but honestly, i dont think that that was the case here so i dont see a problem with the small mistake i made by messing my binds up which results in me saying that ingame instead of on discord.

and also, im still not clear on what the staff teams verdict was on what they believe i said. I said the word ending with an ‘a’, but the reporting party said i said it with the ‘hard r’ and the admin said they could clearly hear whats being said and im still confused on what that was.

The context is irrelevant. What word(s) you said prior to it bares no relevance to the word you said. What you do with your friend on your own time is not of consequence to me. When you bring it to our server is when we have an issue. You say that you did not offend anyone but the player who reported you obviously felt it necessary to report it. It does appear that you didn't mean to transmit it to our server but the fact is that it happened. What comes through your mic and enters our game is purely your responsibility and so far I have yet to see you understand that.

I understand its my responsibility and i made a mistake. i see that mistake that mistake was then made into a report which was resolved, but the report was because the player had issues with me besides that that shows in the report. We solved it ourselves in a discord chat like the admin said and it was closed. Im just confused on how i get banned for something that was a mistake, mistake gets solved but i still get banned thats why i make the unban appeal, but i see that its my mistake im the one that messed my binds up not someone else.

Its very simple. It was decided that despite you resolving it with the affected party, the incident should never have happened to begin with. I accept that it wasn't malicious but guilt doesn't always have to come with malice. I strongly urge you to remove those words from your vocabulary for your own good, but outside of this community I have no control over that. However, should you utter those words again within this community, you will find an unban rather difficult in the future, accident or not. Take this as a chance to learn from your mistakes and understand regardless of intention, those words are not acceptable here. Not now, not ever. 

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back