Jump to content
ALTIS LIFE
...
GTA RP
...
TEAMSPEAK
...
  • -11

Limit Server Numbers


Louis Richardson

Question

Louis Richardson

Brief Summary: Limit the amount of players on the server.

Detailed Suggestion:
When the server goes over 90 players it causes the server to majorly lag ruining RP situations. My suggestion would be to limit the slot numbers to about 85. This still gives us a lot of slots to use while also helping the server stay stable.

The Pros:
Server lag is reduced 
RP situations are not interrupted

The Cons:
Not as many people can join the server.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?
No

  • Like 3
  • Eggplant 1
  • PagChomp 1
Link to post

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Kseniya

Maybe if there would be 2 servers then, else -1. Don't really see a difference between playing with 100 players and playing with my internet.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
  • 0
Louis Richardson
2 minutes ago, Kseniya said:

Maybe if there would be 2 servers then, else -1. Don't really see a difference between playing with 100 players and playing with my internet.

2 servers doesn't work. As people will go on the server with less people to do runs and stuff to make money without the chance of police catching them.  And this post is to benefit everyone not just 1 person.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
Recon Nine

Downvote from me
I'm not sure if this will fix much, it may seem that the numbers are the cause, but I don't think it's the case. We have had a lot of issues with people dropping a lot of mining materials which hits the server hard, plus npc vehicles stacking up, currently working on some solutions for that. We can quite clearly see the server get worse and worse with time after it is restarted, I think limiting server numbers won't fix this.

Edited by Recon Nine
  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
Jordan
1 minute ago, Kseniya said:

Maybe if there would be 2 servers then, else -1. Don't really see a difference between playing with 100 players and playing with my internet.

at the moment the server dies when exceeding 100 people, it is ideal that we have a lot of people but it is impractical unfortunately. not to mention when there are 100+ people each driving a vehicle, some dropping items here and there, not cleaning up cars they have out/stolen from locals. as much as having alot of people is good for the server its just way to laggy and unstable.

Link to post
  • 0
Louis Richardson
20 minutes ago, Recon Nine said:

Downvote from me
I'm not sure if this will fix much, it may seem that the numbers are the cause, but I don't think it's the case. We have had a lot of issues with people dropping a lot of mining materials which hits the server hard, plus npc vehicles stacking up, currently working on some solutions for that. We can quite clearly see the server get worse and worse with time after it is restarted, I think limiting server numbers won't fix this.

Fair enough if thats the case. 

Link to post
  • 0
Recon Nine

It's note a 100% certain that this is the case, but it is likely and I think there is other avenues we can pursue before limitting numbers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
ConnorTheGreatt

Not a huge fan of limiting the numbers. Would a more regular restart schedule, say every 6/8 hours, be a popular idea? The last couple of nights the server has had to go down at around 10pm anyway due to the stress on it.

  • Like 3
Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, ConnorTheGreatt said:

Not a huge fan of limiting the numbers. Would a more regular restart schedule, say every 6/8 hours, be a popular idea? The last couple of nights the server has had to go down at around 10pm anyway due to the stress on it.

Gotta agree with Connor imo the more people the funner it gets but its trying to strike the balance between number and lag but i think the restarts would sort it -1

Link to post
  • 0
Stealthee

This has been discussed for some time between management, leads, and the various teams.

We don't feel this is a good approach with fully fixed scripts and optimized framework the server will be able to support our current 128 slots, adding to this we likely wont add anymore slots. Each update we add new stuff and there are conflicts we don't anticipate and various bits we break by accident we are only human, last update or so we have broken something and this has majorly affected server stability. We are working hard to resolve the issue asap.

  • Like 3

2014 - - 2020

| Development Lead |

Slap My Arse And Call Me Bubblegum Princess

| Ex NHS GP. & LMTO (2014/2015) Ex Police SGT | Ex UNMC PVT Ex ALUK/RPUK Mentor/TS Moderator |

Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...