What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Unban Appeal - TCK Benis - Altis Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benis the Menace

Unban Appeal for TCK Benis 

In-game Name: Pte Bennett

Server: Altis Life

Steam ID: 76561198097692954

The date you got banned: 13/01/21

Member of the team that banned you: Auto Perm

Reason given for your ban: 2.2 Inappropriate words

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I typed the word "nonce" in chat.

Why should we unban you ?: I used the word absent mindedly and I apologise , i understand the connotation of the word and that it has some pretty horrific meanings but I hope you can understand that it is used quite commonly as just a general ribbing insult. I realise it goes against the rules and shall avoid using such an offensive word towards other players / insulting other players in the future. I accept any cooling period or ban period, but would like to not be permanently banned as I enjoyed playing on the server and usually do without issue.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello @TCK Benis

Why this word? Don't get me wrong, I am aware that this word is used uncomfortably commonly. Though I have no idea why considering the obvious offensiveness with it. 

Tell me:

a) why you said this

b) Why this word is so offensive 

c) what effect it can have on people

1.Honestly there was no thought of the actual meaning. I was just lashing out a bit at a player that ziptied my mate and shot him in the head ( I would report but my recording software wasn't on at the time)  I just used it off the cuff, as you said it does seem to get thrown around a lot without the meaning really being considered.

2. Obviously the connotations of the word being associated with Paedophiles can be construed as extremely offensive and a serious insult to use, especially  in a society such in which we live where it is absolutely unacceptable, sometimes to the point of provoking violence, to even be associated with such acts.

3. I completely agree that it can be a horrible thing to be called and could upset the player in question , especially on a server which prides itself on good community relations and my actions would of been far more commendable if I had just contacted an admin, or just took it on the chin, rather than making a silly comment that I hadn't really thought about. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, well at least you have put in some effort here. Look, I'll go ahead and unban you seeing as you at least show understanding of what the issue is. I know some people will make snowflake comments about this but I would suggest that those people should really consider other peoples experience and how language affects some people. Either way, please don't do it again, we wont be so lenient next time. 

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back