What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Tonie Fat Macaroni - Altis Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonie Fat Macaroni

Unban Appeal for Tonie Fat Macaroni 

In-game Name: Edvin

Server: Altis Life

Steam ID: 76561198413963544

The date you got banned: 03/20/21

Member of the team that banned you: ShadowDirector

Reason given for your ban: 1.4 and 2.5

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned for abusing my glitched player position whilst inside a wall (not to any fault of my own) and providing information I was able to see unfairly because of it, breaching rule (1.4). Additionally I forgot to communicate out-of-game communication inside a roleplay situation breaking rule (2.5).

Why should we unban you ?: Firstly I would like to state my sincerest apologies as I know I shouldn’t be breaking rules however, my intention was not malicious nor intentional. I’m aware ignorance is not an excuse however I would like to clarify that I don’t actively look to break rules or ruin the experience for others in the community.

Regarding the reason as to why I’m banned, I do agree with everything that was stated in hindsight, and again apologies, however as this was the first time I had experience being both released out of cuffs due to the captor not being in the area and being glitched inside a wall during a roleplay situation I was unsure how to react. A lot of what I did in the video which got me banned was, in all honesty, unintentional and was down to me simply forgetting and not taking inside consideration what was going on with my character in that moment and how it would unfairly affect other players in the roleplay situation. I didn’t mean to abuse my position and provide ingame information without communicating ingame intentionally.

Furthermore, whilst what was seen in the video regarding my roleplaying skills was not near adequate for a heavily roleplay focused server I’m still improving as best I can. I give you my word that with this chance of me being unbanned I will improve tenfold, I will make sure I’m more careful and considerate of what I’m doing and follow what the correct procedure is in any given roleplay scenario.

Lastly, to prove that I cherish this server and intend to improve my roleplay I recently applied and successfully joined the Altis police force which I have been enjoying heavily, I don’t want to throw all the effort I have put towards both my rebel life and police life down the drain with silly mistakes which were easily preventable and that I intent to never make again.

P.S - ShadowDirector’s comment - “to add do not use the text above peoples head to influence your RP in-game” is not true, Whilst I’m aware this is a rule I recognised the rebel by the clothes he was wearing which was described to me by my mate who was also in the situation therefore it was not metagamed.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello @Tonie Fat Macaroni

Just had a look over your account history and it seems that rules don't seem to mean a lot to you really. You have been here a little while now, you have joined one or two whitelisted factions, but you have managed to rack up 6 bans in 2 months. What seems to be the issue?

Hello Bowen. Looking at it at face value certainly doesn’t do me much justice but I would like to justify myself as best I can. As you’ve stated I have only been there for 2 months, this is as far as my knowledge goes in terms of roleplay I’ve not played on any other roleplay server prior. I’m entirely new to this and I’m still learning. A lot of my issues come from never experiencing situations before and therefore the reaction isn’t what is to be expected.

Two of my bans come from breaking a rule in response to a rule breaker, while it wasn’t malicious and my intention wasn’t to harm the community in any way. I am now aware it’s not appropriate to break a rule, full stop, no matter the circumstance.

Ultimately it comes down to my own ignorance which is getting less and less everyday. I’m still learning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do appreciate that people do make mistakes but that's why we have the fair ban system, which you have exceeded. In your opinion, why do you think that you are having more issues than most other people, even when taking time played into account? Most people got their entire RP lives without getting a ban.

Hi Bowen. Overall I feel like I answered your question with my previous response however I’m trying my best to look for an alternative answer when taking the time played out of the equation. I’ve tried my best to come up with alternative possibilities below.

Personally I feel like a lot isn’t taken into consideration when saying “Most people got their entire RP lives without getting a ban.” I agree to some extent but I also believe I’ve been unfortunate in my instance. I don’t think I cause more issues than everyone else but the issues I’ve caused have been caught more so than others. An example would have been my latest player report, if I hadn’t chosen to report the player I subsequently wouldn’t have been banned myself. Most people review their footage to see if they had broken any rules and if they did, wouldn’t proceed with the report whereas I didn’t and therefore caught myself doing something I shouldn’t have been.

I’d like to add I mean no disrespect when I say “Personally I feel like a lot isn’t taken into consideration”. I’m being entirely honest and giving you my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
I do understand your position and I do not feel disrespected, you have an opinion and you are 100% welcome to it. End of the day, we are all human and we make mistakes. But, that being said, part of that is learning from those mistakes. 

You say that you don't think you are any worse than any other player, you just get caught more, but I know from personal experience that I have never broke any of the rules that you have, and bear in mind that I was a regular player long before I became part of the staff team. Now, please do not take this as a "oooh look at me, aren't I good!" because I don't believe that I am unique either. I believe, with some fairly good data backing it up, that the vast majority don't break these rules. You are always going to get the ones that do, and get away with it for a while but they will always get caught in the end. 

Look, I am not trying to attack you here, or put you down. I am just trying to find a solution for the issues you are having, so that you can return to the server and play without breaking the rules. What are your suggestions?

I understand Bowen and i think i have found my way of learning rules. First is that ive read the rules over and over now since my perma and im not saying this so that you will unban me, i am saying this so people who read this unban appeal will understand that im not like i used to. I have joined police limiting my abilites as a rebel and since my policing i have learned a lot more and quite frankly im kinda dissapointed in my self for my past and im not proud. But i have never wanted to break somones RP and fun. I feel like if you grant me this chanse i want to show what ive learned. And i understand the dessision of this unbal apeal is hard for the admins becuas you guys take a bet unbanning people.  But of course if you feel like you wanna bring anything up i am more then happy to explain. Thank you Bowen for reading this.

Edvin

To be honest, I was considering unbanning you, but after having a good look through your ban notes and warnings, I just can't bring myself to. When I unban someone, I ask myself a number of questions, one of which is "is this person likely to be banned again" and due to your history, I feel that you are very likely to do so. I do feel that you are unbannable but I also think you need some time out first. So for now its a no, but please feel free to re appeal in 3 months.

Denied
Can re-appeal 23/06/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back