What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Unban Appeal - ex - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ex

Unban Appeal for ex 

In-game Name: ex / Rhys Franklin

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198205023771

Ban ID: rpuk#4328

Reason given for your ban: Combat logging.

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: During an altercation with the Triads, my internet cut out and this was believed to have been me combat logging. Issue was with my wifi adapter, happened 2-3 times in a 15 minute span but now it (should) be fixed.

Why should we unban you ?: Because what happened was not in my control, I believe I did not break any of the rules set in place and thus I should not be punished.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

See the thing is we can see when you lose connection and disconnect. In the situation you got banned for you closed your game 3 times. Lying does not get you anywhere so try telling the truth. Why did you decide to combat log?

Sorry for the late reply, couldn't reply due to a warning point. My bad.

Honestly, no idea why it would show as me closing my game. I did Alt+F4 but not until after I realised I had lost connection and everything froze, so my best guess is that I'd experienced packet loss prior to the full disconnection from the internet and then I've Alt+F4'd, still being connected to the server but not actually receiving any packets. Some days my adapter will work perfectly, other days it will just randomly shut down, that day was the worst it's been. It's been a problem since December when I built the PC and I can assure you my intent was never to try and combat log, just an unfortunate timing. I've seemed to have fixed the issue now, though.

If required, I can send footage of other times it has happened, however I can't provide footage of what happened at the time of the ban as I didn't think ahead to clip what had happened. I can promise it'll never happen again if I am unbanned, however.

Okay, so if we move on from the combat logging what about your choice of words AFTER you had already been spoken too?

I don't remember receiving any sort of warning for anything, including language, prior to my ban - which is one of the reasons why the ban being permanent was such a surprise to me.

I apologise for any discriminatory language used and can assure you it won't happen again, however if I'm remembering correctly, I'm pretty sure I was never given a warning by anyone. This ban was the first run-in I've had with any kind of genuine server authority OOC on RPUK.

Just before your ban what where you doing around  the triads turf ? 

Me and my friend were messing around not knowing it was Triad turf, just going around and asking if people needed lifts and roleplaying as "Uber drivers" and whatnot. My friend got into an altercation with them, can't remember why. I think he might've crashed into one of their cars or something? I was sat in a car waiting for him and they shot him, I waited a few minutes then tried to pick him up and then they pulled guns on me and told me to drop him etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
As you have no history with any other bans or anything i am willing to allow you back.

Now, what i will say is that any form of ban following this will not be so easy to come back from. I also want to you make sure that you are thinking about what you say before you say it whilst on our platform. This is not the place for any toxic or discriminatory language. 

Unbanned. 

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back