What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Loss of use of Microphone upon loading into GTA RP Server

Jay Martinez

Unlinked
I have very recently run into problem whereby my microphone works fine on various other applications, but once I start loading into the server, just before you get to the train station I lose the ability to use my microphone on any application even after closing FiveM until I restart my computer. I have had a go playing about with various settings but I just cant figure out what the issue is. I notice when loading in i get a warning message about EmgVeh00 taking a long time to respond, then I lose the loading music for a moment and that is when my Microphone input cuts out. 

I have a Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless and below are my tech specs of the computer if that helps at all? 

Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700 (3.0GHz) 12MB Cache

MotherboardGigabyte Z390 UD: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready

Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 8GB)

Graphics Card6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!

1st Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)

1st M.2 SSD Drive256GB Intel® H10 NVMe SSD + 16GB Intel® Optane™ (up to 1450MB/sR | 650MB/sW)

Power SupplyCORSAIR 450W CV SERIES™ CV-450 POWER SUPPLY

Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)

Processor CoolingPCS FrostFlow 100 RGB Series High Performance CPU Cooler

Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING

LED Lighting50cm RGB LED Strip

Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Wireless Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)

USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence

@CMO Marc Smith

That's an interesting one... when did this start?

Have there been any changes to your setup recently? Even just moving devices to a new USB port can be considered a change

My first thought here is to check if Windows is still picking up your audio input from the Mic, and forgetting about specific applications for now. Can you replicate this easily enough to test that? If you go to "Settings" in the start menu, and then System > Sound, do you see any blue bar under the "Test your microphone" section if you talk into the mic?

image.png

Additionally, could you also confirm that the correct microphone is selected as the default input device in the same settings menu?

If that doesn't pick up audio, then I'd suspect a driver issue - which if you uninstall the driver and corsair software (assuming it uses iCUE?), reboot, and then reinstall iCUE (which should automatically install the driver again), should hopefully fix your issue.

This could also be caused by exclusive mode being enabled on the device, but assuming this has worked normally recently I'm thinking it's probably not that.

Let me know how that goes and I'll see what I can do to help

-Marc

Hi Marc, 

It started Friday evening after the 8pm restart, The microphone itself is working and works on all apps until I load into the game. I haven't made any changes to my setup at all recently apart from removing and replugging my USB dongle into the same port post issue starting to see if that did anything.

The microphone is correctly selected in the settings you've mentioned above, prior to logging in to the server the microphone on the 'test your microphone' works however after logging in to the server this no longer works. Someone mentioned about the exclusive mode and I have checked that also just in case. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled all audio drivers but ill have a go at the iCue and drivers and see how that goes,  

Having uninstalled and reinstalled Icue, even rolling it back to prior to the most recent update its still not working,

Any more ideas?

Strangely I've found the only way to join without losing my microphone connection to my pc is to have a video playing at the same time, makes no sense i know but just incase anyone else finds this issue maybe it'll help you too... 

I'm pretty sure everyone gets the emg_vehicles signal when loading in. I do anyways and haven't had any issues. Is definitely a strange one 😕

@Mangosrecently had a similar issue.

I believe it turned out to be an antivirus software blocking certain aspects of FiveM.

Yeah I had this exact issues last week. The moment it was almost done loading I would get 2  5-10 second freezes during which my microphone would stop working on everything, even when I had the option ticked in Windows to listen to microphone audio. Only way to reactivate was unplug/replug my headset USB.

I spent hours trying to resolve, not made easy with the queues. I disabled all my other microphone and audio settings, same issue. I tried getting in game, replugging my USB, but then could talk but not hear anyone speak! When I turned voice chat off and on in game, issue came back.

My issue was the BT Virus Protect that I'd installed the day before to try (it was free..!). When I uninstalled that and restarted my PC, game was back to normal.

Perhaps if you do have an anti virus, make sure all the FiveM builds are allowed on your firewall?

Back