What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Unban Appeal - Uncle Moose - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Moose

Unban Appeal for Uncle Moose 

In-game Name: Matthew Donald

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198399746455

Ban ID: 4663

Reason given for your ban: (C2.3)

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: Whilst driving around with friends trying to establish a name for ourselves as an up and coming gang we spotted a member of a gang that we had tension with. We had thought to ourselves that chasing this gang member and trying to roleplay a kidnaping or robbery of them would be a good idea to establish our name as a gang and further create a story of a rivalry with the marabunta. Unfortunately for us the player we were chasing radioed in to his gang and they rammed our car breaking it and shot and killed us all. Once I saw that we were all dead I understood at that point that all the progress we made up to that point of making a name for ourselves as a gang was going to be erased from our memory and due to this I was frustrated from spending a lot of time trying to build up a storyline for us and stupidly logged off.

Why should we unban you ?: I understand that I broke a vital rule of roleplay which is in place to allow storylines and interactions between players to be fully seen through. With reflection of the situation I understand now that the gang that killed us could have decide to save us and roleplay different scenarios that could have created more interesting depth to their story as well as ours for example allowing us to live if we payed them off, however by me combat logging I didn't allow them to which was a very selfish thing to do. At the time of the incident I was only thinking that the effort I had put into making a name for our gang prior to that incident would be erased and I was frustrated because that had taken me a lot of time to do. I can only apologise for my actions now and explain how I deeply regret it, this is the first roleplay game I've played and since my ban I have become more familiar with how to do quality roleplay and how to handle scenarios that I could encounter whilst roleplaying even if the situation isn't favourable for me. Again I apologise and I fully understand how my actions made the roleplay experience worse for me and all parties involved and I now know how I can better deal with these situations in the future.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

@Uncle MooseDisconnecting whilst your down would still mean you were dead when you logged back in so regardless you probably still would have died. Do you regularly disconnect in situations which don't go your way?

@George Harris

With reflection of the situation I understand now that the gang that killed us could have decide to save us and roleplay different scenarios that could have created more interesting depth to their story as well as ours for example allowing us to live if we payed them off
in regards to this statement I made which I think you are referring to, I was thinking maybe they could have taken us to the hospital. However I didn't give them the choice to control how they wanted to roleplay the scenario when I logged off which I understand was completely the wrong thing to do. Since then I've played a few different servers and roleplayed a ton and I have found roleplay situations can turn out very enjoyable even when they seem to not go my way and thus I've learnt to not disconnect even in the worst situations. Also thank you for your response @George Harris

@George Harris In response to if I regularly disconnect from situations that don't go my way, that was the first time I did it and I can see how that wasn't the right thing to do and how it negatively affected my character so I know to never do it again. (second response to you because I realise I didn't answer your question in my first response).

Hello @Uncle Moose

Right, lets start off by informing you about how seriously we take people combat logging. People often think that "oh well, I haven't hurt anyone by doing this". Let me just say right now that combat logging is probably one of the most immersion breaking things you can do. It often takes a little while to become immersed into a game like this, and once achieved, it is something that most want to hang on to as much as possible. People come here to get into the game and forget about all of the other stuff. You robbed some people of that. Once broken, immersion is very difficult to get back. The people who's experience you ruined there might have sat in a queue for an hour in order to get on and enjoy our server, and in an instant, you ruined their time. This is all because you didn't like the way it was going. 

Well, now I hope that you can see why we take this so seriously. Please explain to me how you would deal with this in future, how would you stop yourself from quitting when it doesn't go your way?

Hello @Bowen

Since the ban I now completely understand the impact that combat logging has on the immersion of roleplay and why you take combat logging seriously. In the future if a situation arises where the scenario doesn't go my way I intend on using all means of roleplaying in order to change the circumstances however if the scenario still doesn't go my way and I am in a position where I will lose my characters storyline thinking of this ban would help me to remember that if I do combat log I can be ruining the experience for others as well as ruining the experience for me long term as well. 

I am glad you understand. Now please also understand that we do not unban combat loggers lightly. If you get caught doing this again, it is unlikely you would be unbanned again. But for now, I will unban you. Please note that your inventory has been wiped as this is gear you rightfully should have lost. Learn from this mistake and move on.

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back